• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a couple photos not appear as well. It can take up to 24 hours for them to appear. I have never had luck with emailing to find them; however, when I have called the photopass number they have usually found the pictures. I had some from Friday that could not be found. It really helps them if you can tell them the location, date, and time of the pictures. Unfortunately, they were unable to find a couple of the pictures from Friday (they are on my phone, but not on the photopass), but they were able to add the poison apple to a picture so I didn't look weird with my hand out in front of me! I suggest calling and speaking to someone. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! Despite emailing them exact info AND including the "normal" photo that was taken at the same photo spot only seconds before the headless horseman one, I got an email today (exactly 1 week since photo was taken) telling me after an "exhaustive" search, they couldn't find it. >:( I'm pretty angry about this because we waited in a very long line and the photographer didn't seem to be doing a great job, anyways (our "normal" photo was completely off center, photog wasn't friendly at all, really rushed everyone, was taking photos of people with other random people in the background doing weird things, etc). I might try calling them tomorrow to see what they can do.

Sorry for being a little confused about meet and greets. With a party ticket, are there any meet and greets that start prior to 7pm? I understand folks get in line early, but it's not clear to me which characters (if any) are already meeting with ticketed guests. Some posts seem to indicate that that there are meet/greets in advance of 7pm. Thanks for your insights and time.
Jack and Sally start meeting around 5 and the 7 dwarfs around 6:20. Not, however, that these are not open to day guests, and you must have your party wristband on prior to lining up. The rest start at 7 or a little later.

Thanks for the tip! Despite emailing them exact info AND including the "normal" photo that was taken at the same photo spot only seconds before the headless horseman one, I got an email today (exactly 1 week since photo was taken) telling me after an "exhaustive" search, they couldn't find it. >:( I'm pretty angry about this because we waited in a very long line and the photographer didn't seem to be doing a great job, anyways (our "normal" photo was completely off center, photog wasn't friendly at all, really rushed everyone, was taking photos of people with other random people in the background doing weird things, etc). I might try calling them tomorrow to see what they can do.
Yes, do call. They have several ways of searching and will do so while on the phone with you. Good luck and sending you pixie dust!

My DD and I will be attending the party on the 11th and can't wait! I will be in Florida for a couple of days, and she is a freshman at a college in the area. I am "kidnapping" her after class and returning her before her class the next morning. Neither of us have been to the party before, but it has been on our bucket list for years!! We hope to be on property at around 3 and grab a quick bite so that we are at the MK by 4. I'm sure this has been answered before, but will we need to do anything but scan our magic bands to get in? I am staying on property, and our tickets have been added to my MDE account. I listed her as a member of my travel party, so she will have a magic band, too. Also, is there a complete listing of the special photo opportunities anywhere? I'm sure she will want to hit some rides, but are there any special things that an 18 year old Disney fan shouldn't miss? We will definitely watch the parade.

Thanks for any help!

Were you in the park prior to 4pm? Just wondering what your wristband strategy was.
Good luck with the rain, hopefully it passes quickly.
We were the first group in line at Fantasy Faire and got our wrist bands at 4. I ran to Jack and Sally and had about 20 to 25 people in front of me. They said that they got in the front gate at 350 and were given wrist bands. They came out about 5:20 and we were done at 5:40. Made it to the dwarves kind of long line. They came out at 620 and the line moved quick. We were done about 7 ish. My wifleft us to stand in line for Alice and mad hatter . We ran there and the kids hit Alice while I stood in line for the queen of hearts and tweedles. We made it through there line just before there first break . We were done with all about 730 to 745. Hope this helps everyone, because this thread helped me .

Has Cruella still been coming out late or at 7pm party time start. Just trying to keep track for our own strategy.

Thanks for the tip! Despite emailing them exact info AND including the "normal" photo that was taken at the same photo spot only seconds before the headless horseman one, I got an email today (exactly 1 week since photo was taken) telling me after an "exhaustive" search, they couldn't find it. :( I'm pretty angry about this because we waited in a very long line and the photographer didn't seem to be doing a great job, anyways (our "normal" photo was completely off center, photog wasn't friendly at all, really rushed everyone, was taking photos of people with other random people in the background doing weird things, etc). I might try calling them tomorrow to see what they can do.

I've never had much luck with just e-mailing them. Calling has always worked for me.

Last night's party was great for us though we completely ditched our touring plan with the rain shutting down two of the three attractions we wanted to hit before 6. We stayed away from most of the party activities since this was our only park day and I was surprised that it was quite crowded in fantasyland until the fireworks. Nothing unmanageable but I was there during wishes a few years ago and I think there were 20 people total LOL. We saw poison apple steins at gas tons and Friars, no zero popcorn buckets we could see anywhere. Actually didn't even see people walking around with the Mickey ones either? The second parade was great the horseman rode even though it had rained a teeny bit about 30 min before? We sat in the ADA section with my scooter but the line was only 1-2 deep in front of the castle at 11:20. On a personal note I had a severe headache from 9 am-10pm and that made the evening tough to handle. I was on ever medication possible to help so just kept going. Hoping today is better, in hindsight I should have gone to first aid and laid down for half an hour or so it might have helped. Small world went down afterwards waited about 25 min (!) I think I heard someone got sick or somehitng fell into the water? We decided to go back Tuesday morning before Epcot :) so all in all going to the party and ignoring most of the party was a success, even Peter Pan was about 20 min posted wait at one point!

Ok, don't mean to start panicking, but Matthew is getting closer and our party is on 10/07. Just hoping we don't get drenched and the party shut down. I'm also worried about the drive to Orlando if it rains bad. Just venting my anxiety, nothing anybody can do about it!

Ok, don't mean to start panicking, but Matthew is getting closer and our party is on 10/07. Just hoping we don't get drenched and the party shut down. I'm also worried about the drive to Orlando if it rains bad. Just venting my anxiety, nothing anybody can do about it!

My party is the 6th so I've been watching too. The last projected path I saw from yesterday has it more to the east of the Bahamas. Hopefully it keeps that up and maybe we'll just get some of the very outer bands, if anything. It shouldn't be too bad as of now!

My party is the 6th so I've been watching too. The last projected path I saw from yesterday has it more to the east of the Bahamas. Hopefully it keeps that up and maybe we'll just get some of the very outer bands, if anything. It shouldn't be too bad as of now!

I love your spirit, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we don't get a pool party!

So last night my big strategy for doing 50 million things took a hit due to the storm delay for Jack and Sally the schedule got thrown off.

Jack and Sally didn't come out until 5:30. We met them at 6.

The dwarves line was really long looking so we just decided to sit and wait for Cruella. We were third group in line at 6:20. The line really didn't get long at all until 6:40. She came out right at 7. We met her then got some candy and headed to Gaston and Belle. We had met them last party, but I think they are the best interaction of the party so we wanted to do it again. They are a rough meet, however. They go on 15 minute breaks and it is really tough to avoid a break, I think unless you get in line for them before 7 it will be impossible to avoid a break, since their line stays steadily long. We were able to get the poison apple photopass shot at Gaston's Tavern.

Due to that long wait, we missed out on the first parade. We headed to Tomorrowland and did TTA for a break. Then we waited about 10 minutes for Lotso because he went on break a few groups before us. Buzz's line was short at that time too.

We did some more trick or treating and went to Adventureland. We had a 20ish wait for Tarzan's group. They can be a bit tricky, Terk (the ape) takes frequent breaks and is gone for about 5-10 minutes while the line keeps meeting. So you might miss her. Tarzan and Jane also do breaks and I believe Terk meets alone at that time. We were lucky enough to get all 3.

We did more trick or treating along the way and walked onto POTC.

Next we decided we could skip the fireworks because we saw them last party so we met Tiana and Rapunzel with no wait, then headed to HM. We were able to walk on, but right after the fireworks people flood that ride. The wait time was up to half an hour with the line out the door when we got off.

I really wanted a ride on Peter Pan but that line stayed consistently at 20-25 minutes whenever we checked.

After HM we headed for a parade spot. We went right to the very start of the parade in Frontierland and sat by the path by the water so we could make a quick getaway. The horseman rode even though it had been misting rain for about a half hour.

We quickly headed to Peter Pan but it was still a 20 minute wait.

Here is a good tip...save trick or treating until the last 15 minutes of the party if you can. We went through 3 lines at this time and the candy attendants just dumped candy in our bags. Earlier in the party we'd only been getting a few pieces, so I think if you wait until the end you can fill up a bag in just a few candy stops.

I really like Philharmagic and we aren't going back to Disney for a long time, so I chose to watch that at midnight instead of the Hocus Pocus show, which we had seen at our last party. We still got to hear the 'I put a spell on you' song as we walked out, which was good. We were able to get a photopass picture in front of the partner's statue with the show going on behind us on our way out.

Overall, I enjoyed the party but our first one was so much better because of how empty it was. The crowds last night were not horrible by any means, just a lot more people than were at our Sunday Sept 11. For example, at that party Jafar had a line of about 3 groups. We swung by at approximately the same time this party and he had at least 20 groups.

The storm delay for Jack and Sally did throw us off, I think we would have been able to get the Dwarves if it had not been for that.

Anyone have any questions?

I think we are going to have to plan to get out party bands up front if they keep starting early there but waiting until 4 inside the park...

I think we are going to have to plan to get out party bands up front if they keep starting early there but waiting until 4 inside the park...
I'm trying to figure this out, too. We may go ahead and arrive early to try to meet Jasmine and Aladdin together first, though. Decisions, decisions...

Bring on those October parties!! Can't wait!! We'll be there for the party on the 30th (my birthday)!! Been a bucket list item for many years to be at DW for my birthday and this year it will come true! And the MNSSHP on my birthday too? Well, that's just ice cream on my cake! Hope everyone has a wonderful time at whatever party you're attending!
Same here-- WDW for my bday (Oct 9th) has been a dream of mine forever and this year it's coming true!!
Hope you enjoy your WDW bday as much as I know I will mine!

Hurricane Matthew is scaring me! We have tickets for October 7th party which is my birthday and I really am nervous that it will be a wash out. Going to have to play it by ear and keep hoping that Matthew will stay far enough out to sea.

Now, I'm wondering, there are only 2 sold out parties this year, so far. Does it mean that there are less people going or does it mean that they just increased the number of tickets available? How busy has it been so far for non sold out parties? I went on Halloween night last year, and lines were not long, 7DMT aside. But I've been reading about long lines for rides this year.

Hi Everyone...

I've got tickets for the 16th and this will be my first MNSSHP @ WDW but I've done the Halloween party @ DL. When I did MVMCP a few years ago a lot of the restaurants were closed including CHH. Is this the same case with the Halloween party? DL also shut down many restaurants for the event as well. Just trying to get some fresh info from those who've been at the party this year so I can plan my evening accordingly. Thanks

Hurricane Matthew is scaring me! We have tickets for October 7th party which is my birthday and I really am nervous that it will be a wash out. Going to have to play it by ear and keep hoping that Matthew will stay far enough out to sea.
We have tickets for Oct 6th, and it looks like we're bringing ponchos and rain boots. Wednesday, Oct 5 through Friday, Oct 7th looks the worst for now.

Edit to add: Does anyone else think it' s waaaay too early for Florida's governor to be calling a state of emergency?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weat...cane-matthew-moving-north-20161003-story.html

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter