"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just curious--if they are letting people in 15-20 mins early at the gate, can someone already in the park possibly obtain their wristband (we are in Tortuga area) before 4P as well? We want to hop in J&S line as soon as possible.
We were at the party last night.. got there at like 3:45 and the gates were already opened and they were letting people in. They had a special events on in side that we were able to go through . Was told
To go a certain way and was able
To go get our bags and first treats!! Rides were pretty much walk in at this point. So we were able to ride a few rides and at 7 Started Trick or treating! ! Not crowded at all! Had a blast!

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between riding haunted mansion before the party starts and riding it during the party? I have a fp+ for it at 430 and i know there are characters outside but is the ride itself different?

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between riding haunted mansion before the party starts and riding it during the party? I have a fp+ for it at 430 and i know there are characters outside but is the ride itself different?
The ride itself is the same, only the CMs working it jazz-up their costumes with special make-up.

Are kids able to wear their costumes during the early entry time or do we need to bring them to change into once the actual party starts at 7?

Tonight we were able to do:
Jack and Sally
Pooh and gang
Eat dinner QS
ToT in Tomorrowland
Magic shots down Main Street
Headless horseman/creepa crew/parade
Headless horseman magic shot
Fireworks dessert party
(DS and DH rode Buzz twice during this)
Celebrate the magic
wishes
lotso and buzz
Trick or treating in Tomorrowland again
buzz ride
Donald, daisy, Minnie
ToT in fantasy land
Magic shots at Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents
Hocus pocus show starting in two minutes.

All in all it was a fabulous party. The weather held out and it wasn't overly hot after 7. We had so much fun!!!
That's an impressive night!!! Would you mind reporting what time Pooh & friends came out in costume? Thank you!!

Any tips for the Jack Sparrow meet and greet? And is he there through the party or just certain times? Thanks!

Any tips for the Jack Sparrow meet and greet? And is he there through the party or just certain times? Thanks!
KTP recommends meeting him immediately after the first parade. And I've also read he ends at 10:30. But none of this is firsthand knowledge! :)

Just curious--if they are letting people in 15-20 mins early at the gate, can someone already in the park possibly obtain their wristband (we are in Tortuga area) before 4P as well? We want to hop in J&S line as soon as possible.

Curious about this as well, as my touring plan that day has us near Tortuga Tavern around 4. Will we be able to get our wristbands there at a time comparable to the front gate, or am I going to need to hightail it to the front to get a band as early as front have guests?

That's an impressive night!!! Would you mind reporting what time Pooh & friends came out in costume? Thank you!!
We were first for pooh and friends. They were a few minutes late- came out about 7:05 Ish. We watched Queen of Hearts/Tweedles and then Alice and Hatter come out right at 7 and then a few minutes later Pooh and the gang came out.

Curious about this as well, as my touring plan that day has us near Tortuga Tavern around 4. Will we be able to get our wristbands there at a time comparable to the front gate, or am I going to need to hightail it to the front to get a band as early as front have guests?
They had a cast member there yesterday around 4 handing out wristbands.

What time did you get in line for pooh and friends? That is my children's main request to see.

We were first for pooh and friends. They were a few minutes late- came out about 7:05 Ish. We watched Queen of Hearts/Tweedles and then Alice and Hatter come out right at 7 and then a few minutes later Pooh and the gang came out.
Did you head right there from Jack & Sally? What time did you get in line to be first?? Thx!!!

I have some costume questions, wondered if anyone had any experience.
We're going as toy story characters.

I'm bo peep. Can i carry a staff? I can buy online for around $10, but i didn't know if it would be ok to carry in. I saw you weren't supposed to have anything that could potentially hurt someone on accident. I thought about trying to make something out of foam, but DH wasn't sure that would work...

Secondly, DS is woody, can he have a play gun for his holster?

No play guns for sure. When I went the family in front of me at bag check were storm troopers. They had toy guns that were obvious toys - they were orange - but security said they couldn't let them in with them. They could get them tagged and pick them up at Guest Relations at the end of the night or return them to their car or hotel room themselves. The family chose to have them tagged and pick them up later.
It really slowed down the security line - I moved to the next one over.
So I would say no guns of any type for sure. And instead of a full size staff maybe a small wand size one?

No play guns for sure. When I went the family in front of me at bag check were storm troopers. They had toy guns that were obvious toys - they were orange - but security said they couldn't let them in with them. They could get them tagged and pick them up at Guest Relations at the end of the night or return them to their car or hotel room themselves. The family chose to have them tagged and pick them up later.
It really slowed down the security line - I moved to the next one over.
So I would say no guns of any type for sure. And instead of a full size staff maybe a small wand size one?
That's weird! Several people have taken them to parties already.

What time did you get in line for pooh and friends? That is my children's main request to see.

I went there around 5:50 and no line had formed. The CM there said they would start lining up at 6:30 but I could sit on the wall if I wanted to. I left and checked out Storybook Circus Store to check for my ornament (sold out!) and went right back to Pooh. By 6:30 there was a decent sized line. By 7 it was much longer.

Did you head right there from Jack & Sally? What time did you get in line to be first?? Thx!!!
. sort of. We met Jack and Sally by 5:10. We went to get some pics by the castle for magic shots and then went to meet Ariel with a FP. From there my DH took the kids on rides. I walked to adventure land to get my raspberry lemonade slushy and then to Pooh/Storybook Circus Big top store/Pooh. I was back there by 6:05.

I went there around 5:50 and no line had formed. The CM there said they would start lining up at 6:30 but I could sit on the wall if I wanted to. I left and checked out Storybook Circus Store to check for my ornament (sold out!) and went right back to Pooh. By 6:30 there was a decent sized line. By 7 it was much longer.

. sort of. We met Jack and Sally by 5:10. We went to get some pics by the castle for magic shots and then went to meet Ariel with a FP. From there my DH took the kids on rides. I walked to adventure land to get my raspberry lemonade slushy and then to Pooh/Storybook Circus Big top store/Pooh. I was back there by 6:05.
Thank you!!!!

90 minutes?! :faint: Did you at least get all three of them in one picture?

All 3 were in one picture. The lighting was terrible but at least I've got proof that I've seen them together. They were signing autographs and even taking individual pictures that night which is what slowed the line down.

I saw the line again on 9/23 and it was just as long but I heard the CM saying group pictures only so I think Disney realized they needed to speed things up a bit and made that change.

Also - for a little something fun, Abu was taking candy donations in a little box just before the meet and greet with him and Aladdin. It was fun when he'd check the box and there was candy in it. Even more fun when he saw you put the candy in the box - I dumped my trick or treat bag in it (it was only 1/4 full) since I was leaving the next day and didn't want to take it on the plane. He was very excited about that.
Just ask the CM if he's taking candy donations and they'll show you where the box is located if he is.

Oh and I don't think I ever posted about the luggage resolution. It was found in Kentucky and delivered to the resort early the next morning. I called Bell Services at 9am and they had it already so I was set for the rest of the trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter