"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we're going to try to make the 8th work! I'm too worried still from last year and reading that it's usually the media night. I hope we have a better experience this time! I love the Halloween party.

May I ask, what time did you go to the party? Did you have a plan? I've read the reports here about how bad things were, but if you're planning to "make it work", how can we help? I find it very upsetting to see a child & parent having a difficult time during what is suppose to be a fun time.

Hoping to get tickets for the Sept 8th party. I am new to the MNSSHP you guys seem like the experts. This is the only day that will work during our trip. How far in advance should I buy my tickets and what should we expect as far as crowds? We do have an ADR booked at 4:05 that I'm thinking of keeping - any advice would be greatly appreciated - TIA

Parties can sell out at any time, so if this is the only day that works for you I would go ahead and get the get tickets plus getting them early means you can go ahead and make your fp+ selections at the 60dy mark for on site and 30dy mark for off site. Crowds depend onperspective and location. The hub will continue to be crowded, especially near show times, parades, and the fireworks. However usually ride lines are great, and the fireworks can be seen and heard all over the park, so you don't need to crowd in at the hub. Also the parade route is usually less crowded anywhere other than the hub. If your adr is in MK, I would definitely keep it. You would still have time do a fp+ 3:30-4:30 with 30 minutes before your adr, and have one 4:30-5:30 that you'd probably make it to depending on how fast your family eats, and the 3rd fp+ 5:30-6:30 would be no problem. If your adr is outside MK, depending on your family situation I would reccomend an earlier adr to take full advantage of getting into MK at 4, and doing fp+ or depending on the characters you want to see (Jack and Sally or 7 Dwarves), lining up early for them to maximize party time. Either way you'll have a blast!

Parties can sell out at any time, so if this is the only day that works for you I would go ahead and get the get tickets plus getting them early means you can go ahead and make your fp+ selections at the 60dy mark for on site and 30dy mark for off site. Crowds depend onperspective and location. The hub will continue to be crowded, especially near show times, parades, and the fireworks. However usually ride lines are great, and the fireworks can be seen and heard all over the park, so you don't need to crowd in at the hub. Also the parade route is usually less crowded anywhere other than the hub. If your adr is in MK, I would definitely keep it. You would still have time do a fp+ 3:30-4:30 with 30 minutes before your adr, and have one 4:30-5:30 that you'd probably make it to depending on how fast your family eats, and the 3rd fp+ 5:30-6:30 would be no problem. If your adr is outside MK, depending on your family situation I would reccomend an earlier adr to take full advantage of getting into MK at 4, and doing fp+ or depending on the characters you want to see (Jack and Sally or 7 Dwarves), lining up early for them to maximize party time. Either way you'll have a blast!

Thank you for the advice - yes the ADR is in MK. We are trying the Plaza Restaurant for the first time. I figured it should be a quicker meal so it would be a good one to keep since I do not want to spend party time eating in a restaurant. We did the MVMCP a few years ago and waited for the dwarfs so we might skip them for the halloween party and focus on seeing Jack and Sally this time. Can't wait - if it's anything like the Christmas party we will love it!

This plan is very manageable, a real no-nonsense approach to maximize your time no matter what day you attend. Great job NoMoneyThanks2Disney! :thumbsup2

Like you guys really needed to know that right?! HELP! I'm loosing it! Tink where are you???!pixiedust:

Nope. If so, we are losing it together. I am working on my plan of attack daily --- Oh, maybe too harsh --- magical moments. Got to see those dwarfs and Jack & Sally. And the parade and the fireworks. And trick or treat. And.... Well you get the point. But it worked for 1 MVMCP, so my pixie dust pixiedust:may be unlimited for 2 MNSSHP. Ha! :dancer::woohoo:party:

Thank you for the advice - yes the ADR is in MK. We are trying the Plaza Restaurant for the first time. I figured it should be a quicker meal so it would be a good one to keep since I do not want to spend party time eating in a restaurant. We did the MVMCP a few years ago and waited for the dwarfs so we might skip them for the halloween party and focus on seeing Jack and Sally this time. Can't wait - if it's anything like the Christmas party we will love it!

We were pleased with the Plaza Restaurant on our last visit. Just didn't have room for the Kitchen Sink. :sad:

I think we're going to try to make the 8th work! I'm too worried still from last year and reading that it's usually the media night. I hope we have a better experience this time! I love the Halloween party.

Make it work! pixiedust: Book your 3 FP+ for 3:30-6:30 - that's 3 things accomplished. Arrive @ 3-3:30 to enter park for 4pm. In theory could be finished with FP+ by 6pm. Have 5-10 things you definitely want to do/see, start making a plans for those now. Could even line up for 7D & possibly be towards front on line @ 6pm & done by 7:30pm. Even though most PP like to see the parade in the Hub or on Main Street, there are great reviews for watching it in Fronteirland. Do this, saves time since goes through here 1st, then do some other things before the fireworks. Then could catch parade 2nd time on Main St.

If I run into guests without a MNSSHP wristband I most certainly will make a BIG stink about it! These people need to leave as they are the ones taking up space during the shows, parade & fireworks! Totally uncool!

Yep, I'm sure I just made a whole lotta enemies but party crashers ruin it - for everyone!

I did. No shame here, well maybe my DH. Um, not! We were in line to meet the Princesses & Princes during MVMCP. A family came up behind us in line, started talking, cause that's what I do. They said this must be for something cool, if line is long. Me -- it is, you can meet the Princesses with their Princes, totally do not see their wristbands, I say -- so this is your 1st MVMCP. Them - MVMCP? What's that? I politely, and quite loud, say --- there's a CM right there that can show you to the front to GS to purchase tickets to attend this special paid for event -- Ha! Not. Sold Out party & last party. CM is walking towards them at this point. So them & others were politely & quietly walked to the exit. I slept very well that night!

Is there a reason why September 23 is so much more than any other day in September!? I was planning on going that day but with the price so insanely high I'm choosing another date!

Hi! No sarcasm, really. Just stating this was mentioned around the May 4th thread pages when ticket prices were released. Several PP speculated on why this particular date. I cannot remember why. KtP & Chip & Co. reported on this date/price on their sites too. You can check those places for more details. Happy planning!

We were pleased with the Plaza Restaurant on our last visit. Just didn't have room for the Kitchen Sink. :sad:
Yes we will not have room for the kitchen sink after dinner but we have another ADR first scheduled on this trip - it's beaches and cream and my plan is to eat the kitchen sink for dinner! LOL

What happened at the first party last year? We have never been to a party and are planning on going to the first one this year.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem this year. As previously stated on this thread, CMs did not clear park of non-party people. So overcrowded and PP that purchased tickets complained and requested refunds. Also, dining guidelines for non-party people have changed this year too - see Post 1.

Yes we will not have room for the kitchen sink after dinner but we have another ADR first scheduled on this trip - it's beaches and cream and my plan is to eat the kitchen sink for dinner! LOL

Sounds like a good plan. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has the Kitchen Sink too, it will be my friend on our next trip. LOL!

Hoping to get tickets for the Sept 8th party. I am new to the MNSSHP you guys seem like the experts. This is the only day that will work during our trip. How far in advance should I buy my tickets and what should we expect as far as crowds? We do have an ADR booked at 4:05 that I'm thinking of keeping - any advice would be greatly appreciated - TIA

We're still planning on waiting till the last minute - perhaps a few days before, for a late Sep. date. I figure that if the party is sold out, it won't be as much fun and we may as well save our money.

Is there a reason why September 23 is so much more than any other day in September!? I was planning on going that day but with the price so insanely high I'm choosing another date!

Is it more than other weekend nights? The weekend parties bring out the locals, so I'm not surprised they'd be more.

I will be trying the Plaza Restaurant for the first time this trip, and I am looking forward to it! I made the reservation on a night when I was dying for a cheese steak sandwich and I saw that they have them. So that is how that came about lol

My DD9 is determined to try the Kitchen Sink! Do you get to keep the bowl/sink it comes in?

We're still planning on waiting till the last minute - perhaps a few days before, for a late Sep. date. I figure that if the party is sold out, it won't be as much fun and we may as well save our money.

Is it more than other weekend nights? The weekend parties bring out the locals, so I'm not surprised they'd be more.

The strangeness with the 23rd to me is that it's more expensive than the Friday after, September 30th, which is closer to October. Curiouser and curiouser...

HELP!!!! First time ever going to any of the parties. I am really confused on what to do. I asked my daughters whats most important meeting, jack and sally, 7 dwarfs or the princess and prince combo. They chose the princess/prince combo. They want to do the dance party, parade, and fireworks. Oh yea and the hocus pocus show. Trick or trat at the very end. Meet mickey and minnie in their costumes. Anything else....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter