• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the blog post confirming this years MVMCP dates, they stated that tickets would go on sale later this spring, so looks like we're still gonna have to wait a bit longer before getting prices before they go on sale.

Last edited:

For the Jack & Sally M&G, I plan to line up early in hopes that they come out early again. Will there by a CM there who can confirm when they will come out, or do we just have to hope for the best?
Also, do you think it would be ok if I waited in line alone and then had my 3yr old son join me later? I don't think he'll last 1+ hours in line.

thanks!

For the Jack & Sally M&G, I plan to line up early in hopes that they come out early again. Will there by a CM there who can confirm when they will come out, or do we just have to hope for the best?
Also, do you think it would be ok if I waited in line alone and then had my 3yr old son join me later? I don't think he'll last 1+ hours in line.

thanks!

do you know if Jack & Sally started early every party night last year (and how early was that) or did it vary from night to night?

I actually have no idea, this is just what I have seen on some comments, and also a Photopass CM told me last year they come out early. So I'm very curious as well if I should expect them at a certain time or if I have to get lucky.

Not sure if they met early at every party, but whenever they started meeting early, it continued for every party. They were coming out around 5:00.

I'm curious to see if they do an 11/1 party this year since Halloween falls on a Monday which isn't a normal party night.

We arrive 10/28 so whenever we choose to go will be sold out anyways.

I'm curious if they will add 11/1 back on as well. We arrive on 10/30 driving straight from NJ. We'll be leaving at 3 am so the party that night is out. Our only option will be to go on 10/31.

Not sure if it helps but this is the prices for prior years on Halloween the most expensive night for adults:
2013 $73
2014 82
2015 86

A hop to over 100 would be a pretty big percentage in crease.
I did look at previous years, my fear is based on the new "magical hours" pre and post park opening for a fee. :sad2:

I'm curious if they will add 11/1 back on as well. We arrive on 10/30 driving straight from NJ. We'll be leaving at 3 am so the party that night is out. Our only option will be to go on 10/31.

No, and 29 parties this year, up from 24 last year. And dates have been released & 1st MVMCP is November 7th.

Last edited:
Planning a quickie adults only trip for F&W and a bonus night at MNSSHP in late September. This will be our first MNSSHP - watching here for ticket sales & prices so I can pre-order ours. Hoping for a DVC or AP discount...

Planning a quickie adults only trip for F&W and a bonus night at MNSSHP in late September. This will be our first MNSSHP - watching here for ticket sales & prices so I can pre-order ours. Hoping for a DVC or AP discount...

Yeah! Fun fun fun! This will be our 1st F&W and MNSSHP. Hopefully prices & ticket on sales date will be released sometime during the upcoming week. It will be here in later posts & I'll update the 1st post. Would love a DVC discount, but know there will not be one for the Halloween party, 10/31.

Trying to decide if we will go with our 4 year old during our trip. We would be there on 9/8. We were there last year on a party night and it was fun to see the decorations and people starting to come in and we felt kind of sad when we were ushered out at 7. I think she could stay up for the fun.

Have you had positive experiences with kids this young?

Also, I know some parities sell out. What would a sell out crowd feel like? If you rated the crowd on a sell out night from a 1-10. The overall crowd level on that day is a 1 on Easy WDW.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if deliberately waiting to the last minute to decide is a viable strategy. If there are no tickets left, that means it's going to be crowded and not worth it. If I can still get tickets the day of the event, or at the earliest, the week before, then that means it hasn't sold out and the crowds might actually be reasonable.

Agree or disagree?

I'm wondering if deliberately waiting to the last minute to decide is a viable strategy. If there are no tickets left, that means it's going to be crowded and not worth it. If I can still get tickets the day of the event, or at the earliest, the week before, then that means it hasn't sold out and the crowds might actually be reasonable.

Agree or disagree?

I'm pretty sure quite a few dates sold out on the day of the event last year. I personally was at sold out night last year and didn't think the crowds were bad minus Main Street/HUB area...and then people posted tips on here that were really helpful (i.e. Sit in the FP+ area for the fireworks). I also admit that we didn't spend much of the night trying to meet special characters, but the lines for them are equally bad whether it is sold out or not - we met Lotso and the Hag both less than 15 min waits.

I wanted to take DD last year during her first trip to Disney but the parties started late.

This year we lucked out and I was able to switch our dates so we could be there for the Sept 1st party.

We're so excited but I am a bit nervous after reading what a disaster the first party last year turned out to be.

So much so that many guests were refunded their money due to overcrowding.

Last year wasn't Disney's first MNSSHP it was like the tenth so I don't understand why Disney allowed nonparty guests to stay in the park after 7 causing overcrowding and really ripping off the party guests.

I'm so afraid this will happen again this year and I will completely have a freak out if our last night at Disney and our first and only MNSSHP is ruined.

I really hope after last year's first night debacle Disney is more on the ball this year from the very first party night

Last edited:
I am planning a surprise visit to WDW for my fam the first week in Oct and we are going to the October 6 party. I am wondering if there will be face painting available ? I have a 12 yr son and I don't think he'll be into wearing a full out costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter