"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My list may take a lot less time to put together depending on the new costume rules. We are not attending this year because my daughter just made high school marching band as an upcoming 8th grader, so we are doing summer trips for the next 5-7 years. So glad we thought of our Carousel of Progress costumes last year! At least we went out with a bang! Lol

I never did see a picture of the costumes, do you have one you'd be willing to post?

That happened at hte first mnshhp last year to the point where disney actually was refunding people who had paid. So hopefully they will have learnt from that.

Very true. We got our money back from going to the first MNSSHP last year. Incredibly crowded and tons of guests without bands that stayed. In 2014 for the party we went to, we were able to see 23 characters. Last year we saw 2. We left at 930pm. It's a big money grab for Disney right now. And throw on top of that adults not able to wear costumes (maybe)? No thanks.

I never did see a picture of the costumes, do you have one you'd be willing to post?
Absolutely! My husband's brother's family was also there that night, so while our daughters danced at the Monster party, we took my son and nephew to ride Buzz. This was the first time my husband and I rode Buzz together since we were a kid free couple (13 years!), and I was going to kiss him for the ride pic, but since we were dressed as father and daughter, I thought that might be too weird!
:rotfl2:

cop1.jpg cop2.jpg cop3.jpg

And throw on top of that adults not able to wear costumes (maybe)? No thanks.
I'm planning as if I can go in costume for 10/31 since its same I have used in past. I really cannot see people turning away on Halloween when 90% of people were in costume adults and children.

Absolutely! My husband's brother's family was also there that night, so while our daughters danced at the Monster party, we took my son and nephew to ride Buzz. This was the first time my husband and I rode Buzz together since we were a kid free couple (13 years!), and I was going to kiss him for the ride pic, but since we were dressed as father and daughter, I thought that might be too weird!

View attachment 152889 View attachment 152890 View attachment 152891

Love it! Did lots of people recognize you? Did the COP CMs freak out?

I'm planning as if I can go in costume for 10/31 since its same I have used in past. I really cannot see people turning away on Halloween when 90% of people were in costume adults and children.

I'm planning that same way. We are planning on Rey and Poe for one and then another pair for a second. So we best be able to wear costumes.

Love it! Did lots of people recognize you? Did the COP CMs freak out?

Thanks, and yes! We headed to COP right when we entered the park, and they called us out on the mic. When the lights came up on our scene, the people in the audience were doing double takes and pointing and whispering. It was hilarious! CMs and guests were singing to us all night, and when we hit the candy stop at CoP later that evening, the CM grabbed my husband and hugged him and thanked us all for "getting it". Lol! We were also photographed by a blogger who messaged me a couple weeks later to tell me that our pic had been viewed over 47,000 times, and his FB post was shared by the Orlando Attractions Magazine FB page. Craziness! It was such a great night!

It will be our second party! DD and I will either be original mouseketeers or I will DB as Minnie while we do something else for her.

There were several more sold out dates last year. Wdwmagic is a great source for sold out dates. You can also check last year's guest list thread.

Very true. Much to the disappointment and chagrin of many guests. Our Sept 22nd party was sold out and so crowded we did not meet any characters the lines were so long. We didn't think a Tuesday in September would sell out, but it did. The previous two years the party was much less crowded and we met lots of characters. September 25th was a Friday and that party was also sold out. We were there for a regular park day on the 25th and signs were posted that morning. We also had a hard time getting an ADR close to 7pm because of all the crowds. I started trying at 180+ and ADRs were not easy to come by. It poured down rain for a lot of that party, too.

Trying to decide whether to go this year. It used to be worth it for the lower crowds and special characters, but that was not the case last year. Characters were there, but waits were too long for us. We love love love the parade, but not sure it is worth $150 for two of us.

Very true. Much to the disappointment and chagrin of many guests. Our Sept 22nd party was sold out and so crowded we did not meet any characters the lines were so long. We didn't think a Tuesday in September would sell out, but it did. The previous two years the party was much less crowded and we met lots of characters. September 25th was a Friday and that party was also sold out. We were there for a regular park day on the 25th and signs were posted that morning. We also had a hard time getting an ADR close to 7pm because of all the crowds. I started trying at 180+ and ADRs were not easy to come by. It poured down rain for a lot of that party, too.

Trying to decide whether to go this year. It used to be worth it for the lower crowds and special characters, but that was not the case last year. Characters were there, but waits were too long for us. We love love love the parade, but not sure it is worth $150 for two of us.

We had that experience at ONE of our 2013 parties. We went to 5 parties that
year. Sold out and rainy is a tough combo since characters don't meet outside in pouring rain. Add lightning and many attractions close too. There's no way to predict weather like that when you buy tickets ahead of time. And to wait to buy, you risk not being able to get a ticket closer to the date. It's a gamble.

View attachment 152889 View attachment 152890 View attachment 152891
Your costumes are awesome!!! Such a great idea!

We will be down September 10-17, so thought about going to the first party, if it actually happens during our stay. But in looking at the ticket prices from last year, DW and I are just not so sure it is worth it. The first time we attended, the price was $35.00 and one year we went twice, but at 65 per its a little pricey for candy, fireworks and a parade.

The projected crowd levels are 1's for most of our trip so we should be able to get most if not all of our attractions in that week, anyway.

We will be down September 10-17, so thought about going to the first party, if it actually happens during our stay. But in looking at the ticket prices from last year, DW and I are just not so sure it is worth it. The first time we attended, the price was $35.00 and one year we went twice, but at 65 per its a little pricey for candy, fireworks and a parade.

The projected crowd levels are 1's for most of our trip so we should be able to get most if not all of our attractions in that week, anyway.

If you're going solely for attractions and have enough time to get them in without the party it's probably not worth it.

We go for the fireworks and parade. Since that's the only time we can see it, it makes it worth it for us.

We enjoy the fireworks, and the parades, but for us they do not add up to the additional cost. Originally we loved MNSSHP for the smaller crowds, but the last few times, it was hard to tell the difference in the daytime crowds and those at the party. If we had small kids, we would do it no doubt, but if offered, we will probably opt for ROL package at AK since we will have not done that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter