"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My tickets arrived today! :hmghost: Earlier in the thread people where discussing ticket numbers and if that had anything to do with order of tickets sold. Did y'all ever figure anything out about that?

Yeah, I read that too, then it sort of faded into nothingness. Ha! I thought it was about the amount of tickets sold. But I can't see everyone posting their numbers as not all are into planning nor members of the dis.

Can you pros here give me some advice on what to ride (or not ride) during the party? And what to FP from 4-7? This is our first trip to WDW, we have 5 day hoppers + MNSSHP ticket on our "off day" (Oct. 31). We are doing MK on Oct. 30 (but not the party), then doing the party only on the 31st, and then we will have another half-day on our last day to finish up anything we missed (nov. 4). As first-timers, everything is new to us and we want to ride as much as possible. Don't care much about characters but wood like to see the entertainment.

We will be dressing as pirates (we have 6 and 11 year old boys) so thought it might be fun to do pirate stuff on party day, yes? Should I FP POTC from 4-7, or just do it during party? And save HM for during the party, right? So on our non-party day, maybe FP splash and space mountains, maybe buzz lightyear? Then focus on pirate area and fantasy land (FP Peter Pan and SDMT?) on party day?

I'm just trying to be aware of layout so we are not running back and forth across the park a million times, and I'm not sure how to go about it. My FP booking day is getting close...thanks for any advice!

Short question about food: I know everyone recommends eating before the party. However, we plan on being in the park at 4pm. Do people really eat before that and then have nothing all night? Or do you mean getting something quick in the park between 4-7?
I tend to make a table service between 4 and 5 and then grab something at the ice cream shop or the waffle place later.

NEWS

Finally, Disney is releasing party details. Some was mentioned yesterday, some 2 weeks ago. But I like when it's official.

Post #1 has been updated.

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
  • September 2nd – September 13th: There will be three shows nightly at 9:15pm,10:40pm and 12:00am
  • September 16th – September 30th: As in previous years there will be four shows nightly at 8:00pm, 9:15pm, 10:40pm and 12:00am.
  • Month of October: As we near Halloween, the show will continue to be offered four times nightly but the 8:00pm show will be changed to 7:45pm.
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 9:15pm, 9:55pm and 10:50pm.

Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade
  • During the month of September the parade will take place at 8:30pm and 11:15pm.
  • In October, the first showing shifts to 8:15pm.

Celebrate the Magic – 10:00pm

Happy Hallowishes Fireworks – 10:15pm

The DW website shows times at 9:20 instead of 9:15 for the Hocus Pocus Spelltacular. Do you know which is correct?

The DW website shows times at 9:20 instead of 9:15 for the Hocus Pocus Spelltacular. Do you know which is correct?

If you go to show in my plans option, it's 9:15pm. Reported as 9:15pm on other sites as well.
Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 2.34.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Can you pros here give me some advice on what to ride (or not ride) during the party? And what to FP from 4-7? This is our first trip to WDW, we have 5 day hoppers + MNSSHP ticket on our "off day" (Oct. 31). We are doing MK on Oct. 30 (but not the party), then doing the party only on the 31st, and then we will have another half-day on our last day to finish up anything we missed (nov. 4). As first-timers, everything is new to us and we want to ride as much as possible. Don't care much about characters but wood like to see the entertainment.

We will be dressing as pirates (we have 6 and 11 year old boys) so thought it might be fun to do pirate stuff on party day, yes? Should I FP POTC from 4-7, or just do it during party? And save HM for during the party, right? So on our non-party day, maybe FP splash and space mountains, maybe buzz lightyear? Then focus on pirate area and fantasy land (FP Peter Pan and SDMT?) on party day?

I'm just trying to be aware of layout so we are not running back and forth across the park a million times, and I'm not sure how to go about it. My FP booking day is getting close...thanks for any advice!

Not sure if you have or not, but we find Touring Plans to be suuuuper helpful with planning. It is a minimal subscription fee, we got ours for $8 for a year, after a quick Google search for a coupon. Then, you can enter your park day info, they will give you the crowd level. You then pick rides you want for that day and other entertainment as well as dinner reservations or meals you think you might enjoy. They mix it all up and put it together into a plan of attack. They provide you with a map of the park with your rides listed in order so you can visualize how much walking and change according to your preference. They can also help you find an ADR if you can't get what you want.

This is our 10+ trip to WDW and we still use them as their wait times provided for each attraction help me decide where we want to be and book my FP. Their info has been invaluable. For $8, the help they provide makes our trip so much less about waiting and more about seeing what we want without jumping all over the park. Check them out, hopefully they will help you be able to see your plan laid out and make a plan of attack!

Agree with @Cluelyss - you could save yourself time and stress by just bringing your hard ticket. My brother and SIL attended their first MNSSHP last year and each had 2-day tickets. They went to the party on a Friday and planned to use their 2-day tickets for Saturday and Sunday. When they entered the party on Friday, one day of my SIL's 2-day tickets was used instead. They didn't find this out until they tried to enter Animal Kingdom on Sunday and my SIL didn't appear to have a valid ticket. They had to spend about an hour with Guest Services to correct the problem before they were able to enter the park.
Thank yall.. We will be extra careful with our bands, maybe keep them in our pockets until we enter..

Not sure if you have or not, but we find Touring Plans to be suuuuper helpful with planning. It is a minimal subscription fee, we got ours for $8 for a year, after a quick Google search for a coupon. Then, you can enter your park day info, they will give you the crowd level. You then pick rides you want for that day and other entertainment as well as dinner reservations or meals you think you might enjoy. They mix it all up and put it together into a plan of attack. They provide you with a map of the park with your rides listed in order so you can visualize how much walking and change according to your preference. They can also help you find an ADR if you can't get what you want.

This is our 10+ trip to WDW and we still use them as their wait times provided for each attraction help me decide where we want to be and book my FP. Their info has been invaluable. For $8, the help they provide makes our trip so much less about waiting and more about seeing what we want without jumping all over the park. Check them out, hopefully they will help you be able to see your plan laid out and make a plan of attack!

Does touring plans give advice on MNSSHP days?

Quick question. Our plans changed and we added days to our trip so we have 2 reservations. Therefore, we have 2 sets of magic bands. One magic band should have just our party tickets and on will have our other tickets right? Or since its all linked to MDE all tickets will be on both magic bands?

Quick question. Our plans changed and we added days to our trip so we have 2 reservations. Therefore, we have 2 sets of magic bands. One magic band should have just our party tickets and on will have our other tickets right? Or since its all linked to MDE all tickets will be on both magic bands?
Nothing is tied to a specific band. The bands pull info from MDE.

cant wait for the first party to be here! I think i mentioned this before but I'm excited to see if they still do the "candy corn" ice cream. since getting rid of the orange/vanilla swirl at aloha aisle when they moved to sunshine tree terrace, I'm not sure they will buy the mix again. its my favorite and i was sad to see it go, and my pregnancy brain refuses to give up hope!

Does anyone have any insight on how quickly the Halloween party merchandise will sell out? We arrive in Disney on 10/31 for the last party, and I would like to purchase some of those items!

Does anyone have any insight on how quickly the Halloween party merchandise will sell out? We arrive in Disney on 10/31 for the last party, and I would like to purchase some of those items!
My suggestion would be to put on your phone or tablet the Disney Shop App. On the App it will show you what merchandise is available. When Disney sells out of an item, its gone. If you have anything that you REALLY REALLY want, I would order it and save yourself the hassle. If your going with kids, order it and just "surprise" the kids with your awesome goodies, that they will see all over the park and hey, your mom was super awesome and got it already.

Reports indicate popular MNSSHP merchandise is sold out by Halloween, some indicate as early as late September parties/early October parties. Maybe more merchandise will be available this year. Maybe they'll actually wait until 7pm & only sell to guests with MNSSHP tickets/wristbands. :oops:

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to put on your phone or tablet the Disney Shop App. On the App it will show you what merchandise is available. When Disney sells out of an item, its gone. If you have anything that you REALLY REALLY want, I would order it and save yourself the hassle. If your going with kids, order it and just "surprise" the kids with your awesome goodies, that they will see all over the park and hey, your mom was super awesome and got it already.

See Post #1, and other posts in this thread, and Disney Parks Blog --- MNSSHP merchandise will not be available on the Shops Park app or Disney Store online. PP have reported that last year a few MNSSHP items were made available on the app after late party dates --- this is not guaranteed, nor has is been announced for 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter