• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

I am in for the DDD! This will be my first half since the 2013 W&D. I also plan to run the W&D this year for the Coast to Coast. Will probably do the challenge in WDW as well. Can't wait...I have never been to DL so this will be great!

Boo! I came home from the doctor's office today in a boot for a tibial stress fracture. Guess my 10K from February will have to be my proof of time.

I need to have my sign-up adjusted -- no longer running the 5K with my dad.

My plans got changed because I'm.... RUNNING THE DUMBO DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGE WITH MY HUSBAND. :banana:

QUESTION: I'm presently at a 3:14 half. Do I have to submit my Proof of Time, because it said anyone 2:45 or slower doesn't need to submit--- unless I read this wrong?

I need to have my sign-up adjusted -- no longer running the 5K with my dad.

My plans got changed because I'm.... RUNNING THE DUMBO DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGE WITH MY HUSBAND. :banana:

QUESTION: I'm presently at a 3:14 half. Do I have to submit my Proof of Time, because it said anyone 2:45 or slower doesn't need to submit--- unless I read this wrong?

whatever your time, submit it. The below link is for avengers 2015. I believe they were asking you to submit pot for 3:15 or below for this race. however, look at the corrals. E is for 3:30 and under. F is for equal to 3:30. G is for last corral. this means if you submitted a time for something above 3:15 but below or at 3:30, you would not be in the last corral. If you thought i won't submit a time because its above 3:15 but had a time 3:30 or under, you would be stuck in the last corral. Hope that helps

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/run...thon/2015/2015_AVG_CorralAssignments_Half.pdf

So even though you are above 2:45, i would submit it as you can potentially avoid the dredded last coral.

@Warm Hugs - this is why I love the expertise of people in this thread! :love:

I'm going to see how the races for April go and if I can get less than the 3:14. Either way, I will make sure that my POT is submitted no later than the completion of the Tink 10K.

Edit: I put in my 3:14 race as a place holder in case I forget. Hubs presently has no POT, so he needs to do well at Tink or we'll be in different corrals. Sorry honeybee - this princess isn't going to the back :P

Last edited:
Anyone know how close the half or Dumbo is to selling out? We loved the Disneykand Half course when we did it in 2014, and we got talked into doing Wine and Dine, so we are thinking of getting back to California for a Coast to Coast.

Anyone know how close the half or Dumbo is to selling out? We loved the Disneykand Half course when we did it in 2014, and we got talked into doing Wine and Dine, so we are thinking of getting back to California for a Coast to Coast.
No way to know since they stopped posting the capacity percentages. :(

Are you saying that DDD is not sold out yet? That's crazy! How can the same race go from selling out in about 20 minutes to still being available after a few months? :scratchin

Price threshold and supply/demand threshold with the increased number of races. The prices listed for Avengers ... err, Super Heroes Half is adjust down compared to DLH (not by much though).

Price threshold and supply/demand threshold with the increased number of races. The prices listed for Avengers ... err, Super Heroes Half is adjust down compared to DLH (not by much though).

Not to mention the fact that Tink Half is still open- 5 weeks out.
I signed up for Tink this year watching it not sell out because it has been on my "to do" list for awhile.
And I am slightly afraid it could be on the chopping block for RD- considering all the other changes.

If we weren't driving to Vegas right after the 10K, I'd sign up for Infinity Gauntlet.

This is more shocking to me, but it could be the fact that it's on Mother's Day. I liked it better when it was the January race. I believe the 5K was a night race in the first few years!

I really need to get out to DLR to maintain my C2C streak. Even if it is only a half and not a challenge or includes a 5K....

I signed up for Tink this year watching it not sell out because it has been on my "to do" list for awhile.
And I am slightly afraid it could be on the chopping block for RD- considering all the other changes.

I keep getting tempted to sign up for Tink since it's still open. But the inflated price for later registration has me resisting. Also, the fact that I have to decide how much I'm going to drop on Avenger's on next Tuesday. Decisions, decisions ...

Went ahead and submitted my POT this morning. I am not sure if I am going to be able to get another race in before May 31st with my stress fracture so I went with my February 10K time. Since I am side-lined at the moment, I have been looking for a good training plan for DDD. Does anybody have a tried and true plan that they would like to share?

I use to just do the Joey Galloway one that is part of run Disney. Now I just do my own

The Galloway plan is really good for easing back into it after an injury. My mum did something similar with intervals when she started training again after her stress fractures. And the long run only every 2nd weekend is great too - gives your body a chance to recover more in between long one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter