"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I haven't heard anything one way or the other about a soirée again this year. It was very popular and sold out. I'd be surprised if they don't have it.
Multiple CMs (both on phone and in park) have stated that it is not happening due to the number of complaints. Complaints that they announced characters and pulled them for the soirée, complaints that it was so expensive, complaints that it sold out so quickly with such limited availability...lots and lots of complaints.

As for the Touring Plans page I linked to above, if that is the page @crostorfer is referring to, I don't put any stock in that whatsoever. They still have information about the princes being out with the princesses which didn't even happen last year, along with info on the old villain show which is gone. Lol

Multiple CMs (both on phone and in park) have stated that it is not happening due to the number of complaints. Complaints that they announced characters and pulled them for the soirée, complaints that it was so expensive, complaints that it sold out so quickly with such limited availability...lots and lots of complaints.

As for the Touring Plans page I linked to above, if that is the page @crostorfer is referring to, I don't put any stock in that whatsoever. They still have information about the princes being out with the princesses which didn't even happen last year, along with info on the old villain show which is gone. Lol
I think there is every chance the event we knew as Villains. Soirée is gone. I also think there's a new event (same idea) with a new name coming. Both the people who say the up charge event is coming back and the people who say Villains Soirée is gone could both end up being correct.

I think there is every chance the event we knew as Villains. Soirée is gone. I also think there's a new event (same idea) with a new name coming. Both the people who say the up charge event is coming back and the people who say Villains Soirée is gone could both end up being correct.
Yep. :)

I look at the Rebel Lounge at DHS and what a hit that was. Most days were booked before Disney Parks Blog even announced it.

People are willing to pay and as long as the willingness is there, I can't imagine Disney not jumping on the opportunity.

Could very well be.

Party in a party did well last year.

Maybe Hocus Pocus? That would be totally cool!

I look at the Rebel Lounge at DHS and what a hit that was. Most days were booked before Disney Parks Blog even announced it.

People are willing to pay and as long as the willingness is there, I can't imagine Disney not jumping on the opportunity.

Could very well be.

Party in a party did well last year.

Maybe Hocus Pocus? That would be totally cool!
As I mentioned earlier, I expect an add on to utilize the FP areas to be offered. Even something that sells well has its issues. they could have come up with something similar for MVMCP, but they didn't. No one knows why, and no one knows what this year holds. I'm watching with anticipation, despite the fact that I won't be paying anything additional no matter what they offer. I just WANT to KNOW what's coming. Lol!

As I mentioned earlier, I expect an add on to utilize the FP areas to be offered. Even something that sells well has its issues. they could have come up with something similar for MVMCP, but they didn't. No one knows why, and no one knows what this year holds. I'm watching with anticipation, despite the fact that I won't be paying anything additional no matter what they offer. I just WANT to KNOW what's coming. Lol!

Lol! I know what you mean. We are hoping to go to one party and won't be adding anything. I'm curious about what will happen too.

It might work out better if they had a different venue, like at Be Our Guest. They could accommodate many more people there.

I did hear LOTS of complaints about the food and how little time there was to see the characters. Another big complaint was how much time it took away from the party itself, and how it was hard to get anything else done. Apparently just getting in and out of CRT was time consuming. Its seems if you did the soiree and the parade there wasn't much time to meet and greet other characters, or trick or treat. i have to say that I would be torn if they announce it. I would probably buy into it if the Sanderson sisters will be there for pictures, since they have never been seen before.

It might work out better if they had a different venue, like at Be Our Guest. They could accommodate many more people there.

I did hear LOTS of complaints about the food and how little time there was to see the characters. Another big complaint was how much time it took away from the party itself, and how it was hard to get anything else done. Apparently just getting in and out of CRT was time consuming. Its seems if you did the soiree and the parade there wasn't much time to meet and greet other characters, or trick or treat. i have to say that I would be torn if they announce it. I would probably buy into it if the Sanderson sisters will be there for pictures, since they have never been seen before.

I would agree that it took away party time, but other than that I have no complaints. If I had to change one thing I'd do the later seating so that we felt like we had more party time. I'd be willing to pay more than $100 pp to do it again. Our character interaction was fantastic, (particularly Cruella), and we had no problems getting in and out of CRT. We didn't trick or treat at the party, but we got SO MUCH CANDY at the Soiree it didn't matter. We needed extra bags just to carry everything we got out, they definitely didn't scrimp on the extras. It truly felt like a VIP experience.

As I said before, I'd be willing to fork over the dough just for the reserved parade seating again. It was worth every penny. If they made the reserved area a package with a dessert party on the Tomorrowland Terrace, like the Wishes dessert party, even with no characters I'd do it for $100 pp.

first time party goer here so I'm excited regardless lol though my friend has been years ago if they do an add on and i can afford it ill try to surprise them lol

i loved the soirée last year. We have no complaints. We had enough time for everything but we go to two parties. Also getting in and out of the castle was no hassle. The step sisters took photos with us and entertained us while we waited. Maybe 10 minutes.

Love MNSSHP-can't wait to go again this year! We are debating between 10/31 & 11/1. I would prefer to do 11/1 but the kids want to do something Halloween-y on 10/31. Do the resorts have any activities on 10/31?

So ever since my son was a toddler he has loved everything spooky. He will be 4.5 when we go and my husband and I are debating whether he would enjoy it or not. Is it too busy to do anything or would we be able to meet villains and see the parade, etc.??? We would go 9/18. Thanks!!

So ever since my son was a toddler he has loved everything spooky. He will be 4.5 when we go and my husband and I are debating whether he would enjoy it or not. Is it too busy to do anything or would we be able to meet villains and see the parade, etc.??? We would go 9/18. Thanks!!

That is the second Halloween party of the season we are going to that too. It shouldn't be overly crowded. As for villains we won't know 100% until after the first party on 9/15. U usually have s choice of some though. Most rides have little to no wait.. Except haunted mansion and Peter Pan in my expirence.i haven't missed in over 10 years

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter