Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Breakfast at Plaza Inn with Minnie after the 10k. I got a reservation for 8:15 which I hope is before park opening. Forgot how that works at DL with the early entry/magic morning stuff. Either way though, I'm looking forward to it.

I would expect DL to open at 8am on race weekend. Usually when there is MM though, the first Minnie ADR is 20 minutes prior to official opening (ie would be 7:40am), so I'm wondering if they might switch up the MM hours that weekend :scratchin

Quick question for Disneyland veterans. I like having a really big breakfast the day before a half marathon. Where is the best place within walking distance of the parks (either in or out of the park) for a nice, big breakfast after the 10K on Saturday? Not really wanting to pay for a character breakfast since it will just be me.

We really like LaBrea Café. It's convenient being so close to the parks, and we've always enjoyed the food (breakfast and lunch!).

I would expect DL to open at 8am on race weekend. Usually when there is MM though, the first Minnie ADR is 20 minutes prior to official opening (ie would be 7:40am), so I'm wondering if they might switch up the MM hours that weekend :scratchin

I have a Plaza Inn/Minnie Breakfast ADR for 8:40 am on Friday. Program from last year had DL opening at 9 on Friday, so I'm guessing that's same as last year.

I *think* MM for DL is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

@Keels this is a Dooney wristlet with an iPhone 6 (with a silicone Apple case)...I THINK the DL wristlet will be the same size as this one

Also, I have a giant 6+ and it rocks. Even though I stink at typing on it. :)
image.jpg

I have a Plaza Inn/Minnie Breakfast ADR for 8:40 am on Friday. Program from last year had DL opening at 9 on Friday, so I'm guessing that's same as last year.

I *think* MM for DL is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Sounds like they might be switching MM around then, because 8:40am is the time I would expect it to be open for MM. Friday should be 9am, but I would expect DL to open at 8am on the Saturday.

Hey all! Making final plans! So excited bc race weekend ends my 11 day first trip to California! Got my costumes planned out-10k I'm going as the TARDIS -no clue why except I love dr who-TARDIS dress headband and knee high socks. 1/2 I'm going as the Up! Mivie with a cute tank with the house and balloons and I'm making a balloon tutu out of tulle curtains I found on Amazon! I just need to get balloon knee high socks and headband and I'm set!

Some questions-is it possible to pick up your Bib the morning of the 10k before the race? I hate to take up park time to do it. Also, anyone staying at HoJo and want a walking buddy to the races? Finally, how do i get from HoJO to the corrals? Thanks all!

Also-is one of the disneyland hotels clisest to HoJO or DTD? And what is the best restaurant in general closest to HoJO?

Thanks again and keep running!

Some questions-is it possible to pick up your Bib the morning of the 10k before the race? I hate to take up park time to do it. Also, anyone staying at HoJo and want a walking buddy to the races? Finally, how do i get from HoJO to the corrals? Thanks all!

No, you cannot pick up your bib the morning of the race. As it says on the rD web site, "You must pick up your own participant packet (which includes your event-issued bib number and timing device) during regularly scheduled hours." As for getting to the corrals, you'll either need to walk, use Uber, or take a taxi. I don't believe HoJo offers a shuttle to the park because they're so close.

No, you cannot pick up your bib the morning of the race. As it says on the rD web site, "You must pick up your own participant packet (which includes your event-issued bib number and timing device) during regularly scheduled hours." As for getting to the corrals, you'll either need to walk, use Uber, or take a taxi. I don't believe HoJo offers a shuttle to the park because they're so close.

I was listening to the Mickey Miles podcast and they said said that you can actually pick your bib up on race day. Disney will give you your bib they just don't advertise it that you can. I wouldn't risk it unless I confirmed it with runDisney though. And honestly i don't think it's ever taken me very long to get my bib at a Disney race.

I wonder if you get your shurts along with the bib. I'll contact Rundisney.

So RunDisney responded and said I had to do my pickup at WWOS!!:crazy2: Now that wd be some trip! Not sure I'm going to trust any answers!!!!

yes the remaining bibs will end up at the race that morning but its NOT guarenteed so i sure wouldnt bank on it (esp if the only reason you want race pickup is park time- couldn't see them bending over backwards for that if there were issues (travel etc) and its only bibs so any preordered merch &shirts youll still have to go to the expo anyway..

suck up the hour for the expo and sleep better knowing its all tco and not chancing the bibs will be there

Got my post-half reservations done today! All that's left is to try for Napa Rose Chef's Table tomorrow morning!

And seriously. Medals please?

Hey all! Making final plans! So excited bc race weekend ends my 11 day first trip to California! Got my costumes planned out-10k I'm going as the TARDIS -no clue why except I love dr who-TARDIS dress headband and knee high socks. 1/2 I'm going as the Up! Mivie with a cute tank with the house and balloons and I'm making a balloon tutu out of tulle curtains I found on Amazon! I just need to get balloon knee high socks and headband and I'm set!

I love the TARDIS idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter