• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

I've heard of people registering early at other race expos...I read about someone else doing that at the Country Music half. I'm talking about people that used rD's link before it was posted publicly. Hopefully they all realize that they may need to re-register. :(

I figured out a work-around to get the early Annual Passholder registration links for rD races, even though my AP expired in February. Every once in awhile I think about using it for Glass Slipper Challenge registration, even though I know I shouldn't. Now I definitely won't - they're cracking down here and canceling registrations, who's to say they won't with the AP/DVC links too?

Also shows how freaked out people are to register, the try the links the day before and use them when they aren't "officially" live. runDisney is just craziness.

I've heard of people registering early at other race expos...I read about someone else doing that at the Country Music half. I'm talking about people that used rD's link before it was posted publicly. Hopefully they all realize that they may need to re-register. :(

I figured out a work-around to get the early Annual Passholder registration links for rD races, even though my AP expired in February. Every once in awhile I think about using it for Glass Slipper Challenge registration, even though I know I shouldn't. Now I definitely won't - they're cracking down here and canceling registrations, who's to say they won't with the AP/DVC links too?

Also shows how freaked out people are to register, the try the links the day before and use them when they aren't "officially" live. runDisney is just craziness.

Wonder if they will ever consider a lottery? Hope not but seems like most of the big ones have gone that way now.

Yea, my first rD event was PHM 2014 and I registered like a week after it opened. It seems to be getting more and more crazy.

Anyone signing up for WDW Marathon weekend today?
Me! My first half marathon :teeth:

No. Sad about it! :(

On the other hand...I'm reading about people who used the link to register early yesterday and it sounds like their registrations are getting canceled (and I'm sorry, but rightfully so - not fair to everyone who didn't have the link early :confused3). It's going to be a mess.

Sad to hear that you won't be there! Your past trip/race reports have been very helpful to me as I plan for Marathon Weekend.
Re: early registration yesterday - I decided to chicken out last night and hope I can get in today!

Last edited:
Anyone signing up for WDW Marathon weekend today?

Not going to be signing up either. Bummer.
But I'm counting the days until 2018 for Dopey and Star Wars. Maybe even a cruise.
Good luck to everybody with your registrations.

No. Sad about it! :(

On the other hand...I'm reading about people who used the link to register early yesterday and it sounds like their registrations are getting canceled (and I'm sorry, but rightfully so - not fair to everyone who didn't have the link early :confused3). It's going to be a mess.

I registered my mom and husband yesterday - mostly to see what happened - knowing full well they might cancel and I'd have to do it all over again today. It's not a big deal to me.

But honestly, there seems to ALWAYS be some kind of debacle related to these registrations.

And now the runDisney Training page is down.

Sad to hear that you won't be there! Your past trip/race reports have been very helpful to me as I plan for Marathon Weekend.
Thank you! :) Glad they were helpful. I'm sad not to be there too, but between Disneyland and (hopefully) Glass Slipper Challenge next year, I guess I can't complain!
Not going to be signing up either. Bummer.
But I'm counting the days until 2018 for Dopey and Star Wars. Maybe even a cruise.
Good luck to everybody with your registrations.
I like the way you think! ::yes::
I registered my mom and husband yesterday - mostly to see what happened - knowing full well they might cancel and I'd have to do it all over again today. It's not a big deal to me.

But honestly, there seems to ALWAYS be some kind of debacle related to these registrations.

Bummer. I'm sure you'll be able to get them in today, no problem.

Interesting about the training page! Give us that 10K art, runDisney! ::yes::

Back up. Still 2014. Grrrrr. I'm throwing all the shade at rD this morning.

Back up. Still 2014. Grrrrr. I'm throwing all the shade at rD this morning.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad:

Maybe it'll be later this week after the madness of WDW Marathon Weekend registration dies down...it's GOTTA be soon.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad:

Maybe it'll be later this week after the madness of WDW Marathon Weekend registration dies down...it's GOTTA be soon.

After W&D we said.
After Avengers we said.
After Marathon she says.

What if this is just a cruel joke and it's going to be Stitch all over again?

Do you have the link for marathon registration? Asking for a friend...sadly not for me.

Wonder if they will ever consider a lottery? Hope not but seems like most of the big ones have gone that way now.

Hopefully not but that's what happened with MCM after they had a huge snafu with registration in 2012. Goodbye online registrations, hello Lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter