Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

I'm basically assuming that all this stuff that I would want will be sold out in the size I want by the time I get to the expo on Thursday afternoon. I mean, given you can't exit a bathroom without going through a souvenir store how hard is it to meet the demand for race merchandise. Like, seriously.

Thursday afternoon there should still be a lot left, don't completely count yourself out. I'm always keeping my fingers crossed that there will be more or they'll finally start limiting the number of a single item people can buy, but it's a tough balancing act. People just need to stop buying things and putting them on eBay or whatever. But the demand is still there that I have a feeling that wouldn't even make much of a difference.

anyone else in Florida watching the forcast and hoping that Erika decides to die really fast? really hoping that if we get hit with the hurricane mon/tues well be able to fly out on time Thursday morning..

anyone else in Florida watching the forcast and hoping that Erika decides to die really fast? really hoping that if we get hit with the hurricane mon/tues well be able to fly out on time Thursday morning..

Just don't let it lolly-gag around Florida. I don't want it wandering up the east coast later in the week.

Oops, I just ran across a second thread about the Disneyland Half Marathon. Looks like there is some good info there as well.

There have been separate threads for all the Disneyland races over there for a few years now. We Disneyland DIS'ers are homers at heart, lol. There's always great information in both threads, just different vibes to them sometimes :) Hence why I love to post in both.

That and it's great to have over there for those planning trips around the same time who don't know what to expect or how race weekend impacts the parks. We end up with a lot of that.

We're going back to Disneyland tomorrow afternoon with friends and I am not looking forward to it because of the heat. Keeping a look-out for the RunDisney set-up stations. Will post any pictures if we see anything.

A couple of quick updates from me...

I finished up at work yesterday :thumbsup2 Was a bit stressful trying to get everything looked after, and I hate to think what I'm going to come back to lol! But for now, I can concentrate on getting organised for the trip! We leave first thing Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to post pictures of my running outfits over the weekend. Anyone else want to share theirs?

In other news, I *finally* booked our WOC lunch at Carthay after the half. For all those WDW vets who were panicking at the 60 day mark, I had no trouble getting my choice of time for a party of 4 a couple of days ago :rotfl: Not sure what to do for the dinner the night before the half. We'll follow some advice I think I saw earlier in this thread and have a big pancake breakfast on Saturday, and will just want something light for dinner that night. We won't have park access that day, so any suggestions in DTD or easy walking distance? Or should we just make use of our kitchen facilities and DIY?

Just got one more serious run to go. Tomorrow I'm just going to run to the end of our local creek trail and back, which will be nearly 10km. After that, I won't be doing any more than 15 minutes before the 5k.

This morning I had my last weigh-in before we leave. Since starting my half marathon training program, I have lost just over 12.5lb and gone down a clothing size! So stoked :cool1:

A couple of quick updates from me...

I finished up at work yesterday :thumbsup2 Was a bit stressful trying to get everything looked after, and I hate to think what I'm going to come back to lol! But for now, I can concentrate on getting organised for the trip! We leave first thing Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to post pictures of my running outfits over the weekend. Anyone else want to share theirs?

In other news, I *finally* booked our WOC lunch at Carthay after the half. For all those WDW vets who were panicking at the 60 day mark, I had no trouble getting my choice of time for a party of 4 a couple of days ago :rotfl: Not sure what to do for the dinner the night before the half. We'll follow some advice I think I saw earlier in this thread and have a big pancake breakfast on Saturday, and will just want something light for dinner that night. We won't have park access that day, so any suggestions in DTD or easy walking distance? Or should we just make use of our kitchen facilities and DIY?

Just got one more serious run to go. Tomorrow I'm just going to run to the end of our local creek trail and back, which will be nearly 10km. After that, I won't be doing any more than 15 minutes before the 5k.

This morning I had my last weigh-in before we leave. Since starting my half marathon training program, I have lost just over 12.5lb and gone down a clothing size! So stoked :cool1:
Congratulations on the weight loss! That's awesome! I would have loved to shed a few lbs but it is what it is so I'll just roll with what I got.

For restaurants, we usually like going to Naples in DTD for an early dinner (5:00) and I'll order a pasta dish to share with my wife. I'll get the carbs I need but not feel overly stuffed because I didn't eat all of it.

packing list printed, & 8 miles done, 93% humidity, 65 & overcast - which I guess could be close to how the starts are next weekend (maybe even less humidity) so that was nice.
Hope everyone's injuries or illnesses are on the mend & any last runs go well these last few days! No costume/outfit pics here, but I did test out my little crochet hats for longer times & they were perfect!

Questions - Do they stick the Coast to Coast wristband on you at packet pickup?

Weather forecast still looking pretty good....high of 80 on Friday, 82 Sat, 85 Sunday...lows in the mid 60s.

Time to start packing!

packing list printed, & 8 miles done, 93% humidity, 65 & overcast - which I guess could be close to how the starts are next weekend (maybe even less humidity) so that was nice.
Hope everyone's injuries or illnesses are on the mend & any last runs go well these last few days! No costume/outfit pics here, but I did test out my little crochet hats for longer times & they were perfect!

Questions - Do they stick the Coast to Coast wristband on you at packet pickup?

Based on what I have read, Yes. They stick the band on you at packet pickup.

Even doing laundry is more fun when you know you will be wearing some of it at Disneyland! Packing has officially commenced. Who else is in the "Carry-on only" club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter