Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

Since this is my first full and doing Goofy i am not planing on hitting EE as i go by. I hope i trained enough to maintain a 12:30 pace. I have created a Disney soundtrack list of parades, attractions and fireworks shows to help me get thru this. This almost old man needs all the help i can get.

Does anyone else do all disney music?

Here is my list.
Mile and the soundtrack playing

1 - Listen To The Land, Making Memories, and Flight into Imagination
2 - Universe of Energy and MK Monorail loop
3 - The Kitchen Kabaret
4 - Food Rocks
5 - Magic Kingdom Welcome show
6 - Main Street Electrical Parade (will be entering the MK here)
7 1/2 - Haunted Mansion
9 1/2 - SpectroMagic
12 - Wishes and O'Canada
13 - Animal Kingdom Jammin Jungle Parade (entering AK)
14 1/2 - Reflection of Earth
15 1/2 - Boo To You Parade
17 - Hallowishes and Tomorrow's Child
19 - Celebrate The Magic (WDW 25th Anniversary) Need the upbeat parades to get me from AK to HS
20 - Celebrate A Dream Parade
21 - Celebrate A Dream Parade
22 - Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Party (Disneyland version)
23 - Fantasmic (entering HS)
24 - Fantasmic
25 - Tapestry of Nations (entering Epcot resort area)
26 - Tapestry of Nations (hopefully crossing the finish as this finishes playing.)

There's a Wayne Brady version of the Tiki Room song that I am a huge fan of

16° is downright balmy...it's a -2°F windchill here in Canada right now, but it should be up to 0° by the time I go for my 10K later on this morning :sad2:

To think I was out running in shorts just a few days ago...Florida weather can't come soon enough!

It was -15 here in Colorado this morning, so I just headed for the treadmill. I honestly can't run more than 4-5 miles if it is single digits or below. I feel like the insides of my lungs start to freeze after 30 minutes.

Yikes, and I though 18 degrees in New England this morning was chilly! Sending warm thoughts to you guys.

Thanks to the idea on this thread, I watched the all along the course videos while I was sweating it out on the treadmill pretending I was in the Orlando heat, lol.

This time in a week I will be en route to Disney!

OK I'm starting to really look at forecasts now and all I can say is let's be grateful marathon weekend isn't this weekend,they have highs for this weekend around 85-86,that's higher than 2013,that would not favor my first Goofy.

I have a question about travel time to/from the expo. I'm flying in Wednesday and arrive around 11 AM. Would I have enough time to go to the expo and then get to Epcot for a 4:30 dining reservation?
I probably won't do much shopping at the expo, just pick up my packet and hit the disney race merchandise.
Good luck to everyone running! :cheer2:

I have a question about travel time to/from the expo. I'm flying in Wednesday and arrive around 11 AM. Would I have enough time to go to the expo and then get to Epcot for a 4:30 dining reservation? I probably won't do much shopping at the expo, just pick up my packet and hit the disney race merchandise. Good luck to everyone running! :cheer2:

Will you have a rental car or are you using Disney transportation? Does your flight arrive at mco at 11? If the answer to those is yes, I'm going to say probably not enough time, just based on transportation logistics...

I have a question about travel time to/from the expo. I'm flying in Wednesday and arrive around 11 AM. Would I have enough time to go to the expo and then get to Epcot for a 4:30 dining reservation?
I probably won't do much shopping at the expo, just pick up my packet and hit the disney race merchandise.
Good luck to everyone running! :cheer2:

There are a lot of variables in that question. Transit to DW from the airport, how you are getting to/from WWoS, and then how many people are present at the Expo. If you are driving to WWoS, you never really know how far out in the overflow parking they may put you, and there could be a line of cars getting into the lot.

I've never had to wait for more than a minute or two to pick up my race number over the years. Getting my shirts, which is in the expo building, doesn't usually take more than a minute or two either, but making your way through the expo floor can take a bit if it is crowded. Buying runDisney merchandise is highly variable. They have lots of registers open, but there can be a long line to checkout.

I know I will want my phone out quite a bit for pictures along the way but I can't imagine (nor trust myself) to carry it in my hand for the whole race. What have others with experience done? Are there running wristlets that would hold a phone or should I just plan on getting it in and out of my spibelt?

OK I'm starting to really look at forecasts now and all I can say is let's be grateful marathon weekend isn't this weekend,they have highs for this weekend around 85-86,that's higher than 2013,that would not favor my first Goofy.

For real though.......:scared:

I know I will want my phone out quite a bit for pictures along the way but I can't imagine (nor trust myself) to carry it in my hand for the whole race. What have others with experience done? Are there running wristlets that would hold a phone or should I just plan on getting it in and out of my spibelt?

I just take it in/out of my spibelt, because I've never liked armbands of any type. I just have to take care getting back into the spibelt, because it is a tight fit and I've almost dropped it in the process while trying to run.

In the past I've used a terry cloth wristband (think 1980s workout videos) to hold my phone. I put a sweat-resistant case on my phone (something rubberized), and then slide the phone under the wristband. Makes it easy to carry and to take out quickly for photos.

Now I use a Fitletic hydration belt that has a large front pocket. That's better for holding your phone on the less interesting stretches, but you can still pull it out to snap a photo. I've also seen phone cases (iPhone 5 cases, at least) that are rubber and have a handle on the back; they are specifically designed for running. Might give you a little more security if you're worried about dropping your phone. I saw one on Amazon for about $30. I think if you search for "running cases for iPhones" you should be able to find it.

I'm in planning overload and cannot find where I saw the arrival times listed for the half marathon. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also any insight as to how race morning (pre race) is handled would be appreciated. This is my husband's first actual organized race and he will be driving in from offsite that morning. Any pointers to help things go smoothly once he arrives would be appreciated.

I'm in planning overload and cannot find where I saw the arrival times listed for the half marathon. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also any insight as to how race morning (pre race) is handled would be appreciated. This is my husband's first actual organized race and he will be driving in from offsite that morning. Any pointers to help things go smoothly once he arrives would be appreciated.
I'm not really sure what you mean by arrival times, but here are some race day tips. He'll want to get to the Epcot parking lot around 4-415am. He could get there later, but since it's his first race, it'll make him less nervous to be there early. Once there, he will head to the tents to drop off his bag with his post-race clothes, and then follow the crowds to the ports-potties and the corrals. After that, it's just a matter of waiting in his corral until the gun/fireworks go off and the race starts.

I know the feeling of not wanting to hold your phone the whole time...I am usually like that when training at home.

At Disney races, I find it way easier to just hold it because I end up taking so many pictures, it is actually less work than getting it in and out. I have an otter box for my iPhone, so it's less slippery and much safer if I do drop it.

Sorry that doesn't help with looking for something, but you may be less bothered by holding it than you think!

I have one of those armbands that holds the phone...don't like having it on my arm so I sort of wrap it around my hand. At least the phone is protected that way. I REALLY wish Lifeproof would put out their iPhone 6+ cases already...

I have one of those armbands that holds the phone...don't like having it on my arm so I sort of wrap it around my hand. At least the phone is protected that way. I REALLY wish Lifeproof would put out their iPhone 6+ cases already...

I have a Lifeproof case for my iPhone 6. My husband bought it at Best Buy.

I just take it in/out of my spibelt, because I've never liked armbands of any type. I just have to take care getting back into the spibelt, because it is a tight fit and I've almost dropped it in the process while trying to run.

I'm also a big fan of using a spibelt. It holds either my older smaller cell phone or a nice little point and shoot camera. Not much "bounce" at all - nice snug but not uncomfy fit.

Hope you have pockets in shorts for other things. Good to have just the phone/camera so nothing else falls out when you do bring it out so much. I had my 9YO good luck note in there and lost it around one of the character stops...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter