Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Don't know about Disneyland, but at the wdw marathon, we were able to exchange shirt sizes at the expo. If it helps, the rundisney store online has a size chart.

Disneyland does as well. But they do run out of sizes depending on what the demand is for, so if you need to switch out sizes, try and do it as early as possible!

We were lucky enough to get our whole family (me, DH, and our 2 teenagers) registered for the DDD this morning. I am wondering if shirt sizes can be changed on the registrations (I know they can't be at the expo) and what the women's cut shirts are like size-wise. I usually get a small unisex runDisney tech shirt and am wondering how the women's compare if anyone knows. I've never noticed an option to get a women's shirt before. Congrats to all who were able to register today! For those who couldn't, I hope you can eventually run the race you're hoping for. :dumbo:

We were just at the WDW half and the women's shirts are comparable to your normal size in shirts. I expected it to run small like a junior's cut, but I got a medium like I usually wear and it was perfect. As for the changing sizes at the expo, I can't speak for Disneyland because I have never done one there before, but at the DW race they let you try on sizes and pick whatever you wanted. Hope this helps!

We were just at the WDW half and the women's shirts are comparable to your normal size in shirts. I expected it to run small like a junior's cut, but I got a medium like I usually wear and it was perfect. As for the changing sizes at the expo, I can't speak for Disneyland because I have never done one there before, but at the DW race they let you try on sizes and pick whatever you wanted. Hope this helps!

At the Tinker Bell half expo (and at WDW, too), you were given the shirt size you selected, and then there was a shirt exchange area you could visit. There was no guarantee that they would have the size you wanted, though both times I went, there were at least a few, and sometimes a lot, of every size.

Very grateful that I remembered yesterday was registration. I was shocked to see it 65% full and DDD already full. But then I figured it was meant to be to just work my half. That is enough of a challenge for me. I will be Coast to Coast with my running buddy and my first trip to DL.

Many runs to look forward to for sure! Good luck everyone!

I booked a stay at Best western Stovalls. Is that a good place to stay in terms of location for the race? Where is everyone else staying?

I booked a stay at Best western Stovalls. Is that a good place to stay in terms of location for the race? Where is everyone else staying?

I booked the Grand Californian today. This might be my only DL trip, so might live it up. I am going to check out some of the good neighbor hotels though because the price difference is huge. Hoping to see where others will be staying to get some suggestions.

I've booked the Desert Inn & Suites. It was really kind of a toss up between a few hotels near the park entrance. This one was slightly cheaper and I don't have to pay anything until I check out, so I have time to save up the money :thumbsup2

I went all out for the WDW marathon this year so I'm really looking to save money this time around.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Suites on Walnut. That's the one I meant to stay at last year but I screwed up and ended up booking the other Holiday Inn (Anaheim Resort). It was a nice motel just too far for my liking even though it was on the Anaheim Shuttle route.

The Holiday Inn on Walnut is a short walk to the starting corrals.

We've already booked at the Towneplace Suites using Marriott Points - not the closest, but on ART and but using points it's a great deal. Will also have a kitchen in case we want to bring some breakfast food or stock up on beer somewhere :)

I stayed at Desert Suite in 2006 with the kids. It worked out really well. It was right across the street from the Main entrance. I wanted to stay on the Down town Disney side this time because of the race. The walking distance might be the same which ever side I stay on. I would Love to stay at one of the Disney resorts but I am going for my coast to coast medal. So I'm heading for WDW to do the wine and dine race in the fall.:cool1:

I have Desert Suites booked, but also a kids suite at the HOJO. I will probably cancel the Desert Suites reservation and keep the HOJO, but I couldn't get a kids suite for the night of August 30th. So if we keep the HOJO, we'll need to switch rooms for the last night, which doesn't thrill me. But I hear the kids suites are worth it!

I'm local but I really hate driving from home, finding parking, walking from the structure, running, walking back to the structure, and then driving home. It takes forever and then I just end up driving back! So I've decided to stay on site if I can get good enough rates and I can live with what I got for the Disneyland Hotel for one night. I'll go to the Expo on Saturday, check into my hotel, relax, go run, and then be super close to go back and recover after the half. Gonna book the Paradise Pier for Tinker Bell next year.

I booked Fairfield Inn on South Harbor Blvd using Marriot points...is there another Marriott that might be better located? I saw that there is a new SpringHill Suites opening in February on West Ball Rd and I'm wondering if that might be closer to the start? or maybe the walk from South Harbor isn't so long anyway? Also...how concerned should I be walking from either location to the race start that early in the morning?

I booked Fairfield Inn on South Harbor Blvd using Marriot points...is there another Marriott that might be better located?

The Fairfield Inn is very convenient to the Park entrance. There is also the Anaheim Marriott by the convention center. It may be closer to the race start/finish.

Booked the Disneyland Hotel. Traveling from the east coast will the mark the first DL trip for me and the hubby. Never been to CA prior so just wanted to be on the safe side and not mess with logistics and directions to and from the race. For those that have stayed there for the races what time would you recommend leaving the hotel if you want to be in your corral (middle of the pack based on my WDW corral placements in the past)with just enough time to take a few photos and stretch prior?

Where exactly is the start line?

We stayed there on our one trip to DL and it was really convenient. We never used the ART system; we'd just walk up Disneyland Drive and cut through the Grand Californian to get into the parks. I haven't been out there for a race but it looks like it's very near the corral area, too.

I booked Fairfield Inn on South Harbor Blvd using Marriot points...is there another Marriott that might be better located? I saw that there is a new SpringHill Suites opening in February on West Ball Rd and I'm wondering if that might be closer to the start? or maybe the walk from South Harbor isn't so long anyway? Also...how concerned should I be walking from either location to the race start that early in the morning?

Someone mentioned the Mariott at the Convention Center (I'm staying there this time, and have stayed there in the past). And I have stayed where you have in the past. The thing about staying off property is no matter where you stay is your going to have to walk through the ART shuttles and Downtown Disney to get to the start. The slight advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) of staying over at the Fairfield is that their is no shuttles to the parks because it is so close. So you would be literally walking all the way to the start in the morning. This could be seen as an advantage since it means you don't have to wait for a shuttle in the morning. However it does add I would say maybe at least 3 tenths of a mile to your walk to the start may be more (never calculated it the one time I stayed there so I'm guestimating here, it's close but its still a bit of a walk, if you look up where the McDonald's is on the map its right next to it).

There is a large Marriott on harbor right by the Sheraton park hotel and the hilton. They are all walking distance to DL. This is their page www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxah-anaheim-marriott. These three are all by the convention center.

The Fairfield Inn is very convenient to the Park entrance. There is also the Anaheim Marriott by the convention center. It may be closer to the race start/finish.

Someone mentioned the Mariott at the Convention Center (I'm staying there this time, and have stayed there in the past). And I have stayed where you have in the past. The thing about staying off property is no matter where you stay is your going to have to walk through the ART shuttles and Downtown Disney to get to the start. The slight advantage (or disadvantage depending on your point of view) of staying over at the Fairfield is that their is no shuttles to the parks because it is so close. So you would be literally walking all the way to the start in the morning. This could be seen as an advantage since it means you don't have to wait for a shuttle in the morning. However it does add I would say maybe at least 3 tenths of a mile to your walk to the start may be more (never calculated it the one time I stayed there so I'm guestimating here, it's close but its still a bit of a walk, if you look up where the McDonald's is on the map its right next to it).

thanks! Will look into the Marriot at the convention center. I do like how close the Fairfield is to the park entrances (we've stayed at Hojo before and I believe its very close to that) since we plan on going to the parks as well. I don't really mind a little walk to race start either, I felt like I had to walk forever to the race start at the Disney World Half a couple weeks ago lol! but I'm also wondering about safety walking over at that time of the morning?

I'm a super 8 girl-

I stayed for the first time at the Disneyland Drive one and race wise it rocked (but not great for bag check) as the corrals were on DL Drive so it was an easy walk and a decent gas station on the corner for water/dew/powerade pickups.. To the park it was tolerable (no worse than say Katella) but got long after the first day or so...

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter