Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

I spoke to Active and they have no way to link. All pre-registrations either through WDW AP, DVC or DL AP are processed as a "guest" active account. They can't link when you regster because the registration isn't open yet. They can't link after because...it's all Disney's fault in terms of how they set it up (their words not mine lol)l While you will never be able to see your registration online, as long as you have your order number you are fine. If for some reason you don't have your order number, but know you received one, they can look it up and resend you your information.

If you printed the online receipt (not the email but the print view version) it shows the time stamp and the order number at the top.

Well that's a little annoying. I do have everything saved that I should need. I also noticed there was a link at the bottom of the initial registration page that allowed you to check if you are registered and my name came up. I am not so worried anymore.

Really glad for AP registration right now. Fighting the flu right now and registering when I am this miserable would have been a task within itself.

Someone's saying that there was only 5000 DDD slots this year. Which if it is true explains a lot on the speed of the sell out. That would be half the size of last year's field which had 10,000 runners. I know they are trying to find a happy medium of added runners for the challenge but cutting the field in half seems a bit overboard. Oh well hopefully they might go somewhere in the middle of the two next year.

Registered for DDD! Was very nervous because I didn't get a confirmation email but I called customer service and they confirmed it for me! I'm ready for the Bling!:banana:

Well that's a little annoying. I do have everything saved that I should need. I also noticed there was a link at the bottom of the initial registration page that allowed you to check if you are registered and my name came up. I am not so worried anymore.

I agree it's a little annoying. I hadn't noticed that link, checked and sure enough I come up. Odd though as it says it's an AP registration when I did it as DVC (though I had both in my cart at one point trying to get the DVC discount to work). I guess it doesn't much matter but my receipt of the online page shows it as DVC and did get the discount...thankfully I do have both. Odd though.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was worried too, checked the link and everyone seems to be there. Not saying I'll be able to concentrate at work today, but at least I'll have a bit more of a chance knowing that we're all definitely in :thumbsup2

I agree it's a little annoying. I hadn't noticed that link, checked and sure enough I come up. Odd though as it says it's an AP registration when I did it as DVC (though I had both in my cart at one point trying to get the DVC discount to work). I guess it doesn't much matter but my receipt of the online page shows it as DVC and did get the discount...thankfully I do have both. Odd though.

Same for me. I registered under DVC, but the link showed as AP. I'm not sure it even matters.

I never received an email, but my husband did. Thank you for this information - I checked and was able to confirm that I am registered...but when I requested another confirmation it said that my email address couldn't be found...so I emailed support. Glad I was able to confirm it, though! Thank you very much for this information!!!

I'm in for the DDD! Coast to Coast here I come :cool1:

Thanks for all the help this morning DISers are the BEST!

Pasta in the Park - I know it's probably not worth $89 but is it a fun event? I didn't go to it at WDW but since I will be solo for this was wondering if it might a good thing to do. I see it's at 80% already. Any thoughts?

Pasta in the Park - I know it's probably not worth $89 but is it a fun event? I didn't go to it at WDW but since I will be solo for this was wondering if it might a good thing to do. I see it's at 80% already. Any thoughts?

I'm interested in opinions on this too :confused3

I think it depends. Its got fairly good food, they have the characters out in the jogging costume, and some entertainment. And if your going to be in the park anyway that day then I guess its worth it. Personally after a friend of mine introduced me to a local Italian place nearby (about a mile from the property) we stopped going to the Disneyland Pasta In the Parks. Not because the food is bad but because we can get food at the restaurant for a quarter of the price and still get a ton of food (trust me this place gives you more than enough food to set you up for the half). Anywys the place I am talking about is this so you can see the prices and stuff: http://www.carolinasitalianrestaurant.com/ . If you want an alternative otherwise eh if you want to do the Pasta Party have at it I guess.

I did it this year at WDW and probably wouldn't again. The food was not that great and definitely not worth the price tag. At WDW park admission is not required and we were able to get into the park an hour early, so we at least got some of our moneys worth there. I found myself rushing through dinner to get back to the park and do more before illuminations.

This was the menu from what I remember:
Basic salad
Penne pasta
Marinara sauce or Alfredo
Green beans
Chicken
Bread sticks
Bananas

Dessert was the prepackaged stuff they sell in the parks: mickey bars, mickey ice cream sandwiches, orange cream sidles, etc.

I did it this year at WDW and probably wouldn't again. The food was not that great and definitely not worth the price tag. At WDW park admission is not required and we were able to get into the park an hour early, so we at least got some of our moneys worth there. I found myself rushing through dinner to get back to the park and do more before illuminations.

This was the menu from what I remember:
Basic salad
Penne pasta
Marinara sauce or Alfredo
Green beans
Chicken
Bread sticks
Bananas

Dessert was the prepackaged stuff they sell in the parks: mickey bars, mickey ice cream sandwiches, orange cream sidles, etc.

Oooh. Okay maybe they've ditched it at Disneyland completely also because I only did the WDW party once (it didn't leave a good impression on me obviously). But I know the Disneyland party the last time I did it in 2012 had these really good cupcakes for desert along with a few other options. Otherwise yeah from what I remember of the menu is what you said.

I'm in for the Dumbo Double Dare. My mom registered me in the first 15 minutes and I guess it sold out before 1 PM. This will be my first trip to Disneyland! Woohoo! :)

See you all in August! :)

We were lucky enough to get our whole family (me, DH, and our 2 teenagers) registered for the DDD this morning. I am wondering if shirt sizes can be changed on the registrations (I know they can't be at the expo) and what the women's cut shirts are like size-wise. I usually get a small unisex runDisney tech shirt and am wondering how the women's compare if anyone knows. I've never noticed an option to get a women's shirt before. Congrats to all who were able to register today! For those who couldn't, I hope you can eventually run the race you're hoping for. :dumbo:

We were lucky enough to get our whole family (me, DH, and our 2 teenagers) registered for the DDD this morning. I am wondering if shirt sizes can be changed on the registrations (I know they can't be at the expo) and what the women's cut shirts are like size-wise. I usually get a small unisex runDisney tech shirt and am wondering how the women's compare if anyone knows. I've never noticed an option to get a women's shirt before. Congrats to all who were able to register today! For those who couldn't, I hope you can eventually run the race you're hoping for. :dumbo:

They usually have a place for shirt exchange at the expos. I know they did at Tink. It might be a matter of getting their early enough to do the exchange. So I would assume that you would be able to go there at the expo. Unless they don't have them for some reason and then you and I will both have a problem. Since I'm really not expecting to be a men's X-L (unisex fits me better than the women's cuts) come DDD time! I have my gastric sleve surgery next month and while I don't think I will be a small, I certainly don't think I will be an X-L!

Hi! I'm registered for the Half Marathon! I used my iphone, as I couldn't register via my desktop at work. I was all set with confirmation in hand at 11:11 cst! I will do the DDD one day, the price tag scared me away this year!

( long time Disboards reader... Infrequent poster!)

Don't know about Disneyland, but at the wdw marathon, we were able to exchange shirt sizes at the expo. If it helps, the rundisney store online has a size chart.

I am registered for Dumbo as well thanks to the AP Window this morning. Looking forward to racing with you soon in 200 days or so!

Several twitters are reporting that the half is full. I am having a fun time playing a game of seeing how many of them think all the races are full (including the 5k) before realizing its not and back pedaling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter