• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2014 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

The runDisney website has been updated to show the 5K as now being on Friday August 29th at 9am.

I'm in! Just not sure for what at the moment. I'm probably passing on the Half this year for $$ reasons. But it looks like my friend and I will still be in for the 10K at least. Tinker Bell is my priority for legacy reasons so I wont feel too guilty for sitting this one out. Plus it gives me the opportunity to work the event which I would love to do!

My friend and I both plan on registering at the Expo next weekend.

Is there definitely going to be registration at Tink? Because insider information is that there won't be at WDW expo for the first time this year.

That would sure throw a wrench in my plans if they don't! But considering it's a Disneyland event, maybe they just wanted to start pre-registration at a Disneyland Expo? I'll keep my fingers crossed that that's the reasoning ;)

So excited to finally be able to say 'I'm in' this year :cool1::banana::banana:

My parents, husband and I will all be making the trek over for the 10k. I'm excited to see that the 5k is on the Friday this year, so I'm considering also registering for that :thumbsup2 Is there a time limit for the 5k? I've really been struggling with injury, so I'd like to have the option of walking the 5k at a fairly leisurely pace if necessary. But since this is the only RunDisney I'm ever likely to do I'd love to be able to experience as much of it as I can!

I booked our accommodation a couple of months ago at Desert Inn & Suites. When I found out that it was a long weekend over there, I figured I should get in early! We're now playing the waiting game with airfares... Unfortunately they are not playing nice at the moment :scared1:

I've gone back and forth with myself about going for coast to coast with Disneyland Half... and I just can't resist! I'm doing Princess in 6 weeks with my mom (who is at WDW right now and did the 1/2 today! woo, go mom!) I think we're gonna make a jump for it!

Here's to CTC in 2014!! Hoping they will open registration a few days early for Disney VISA holders :rolleyes1

Here's some info I got from the RunDisney booth at the WDW Marathon Weekend:

• There will not be a VISA early registration window but there will be a VISA discount
  • No pre-reg at Tink
  • AP Early Registration starts at 9am PT (12p ET) on 1/22
  • General Reg starts at 9am PT (12p ET) on 1/28
  • There will be more Dumbo seats this year than last year

That's really disappointing! Did they give a reason as to why no pre-reg at the Expos this year? I wonder if they are going to do away with it altogether in hopes they wont sell out as fast as they have been? I do wonder how much the Visa discount will be now that I'll have one. And I'll just have to bum my friend again for her AP pre-reg since I don't have one anymore, although I do miss not being able to do all of the fun AP only things!

Here's some info I got from the RunDisney booth at the WDW Marathon Weekend:

• There will not be a VISA early registration window but there will be a VISA discount
  • No pre-reg at Tink
  • AP Early Registration starts at 9am PT (12p ET) on 1/22
  • General Reg starts at 9am PT (12p ET) on 1/28
  • There will be more Dumbo seats this year than last year

Good enough reason to cancel my Visa card. Not getting an AP because I do not live anywhere remotely close to Disney oh well this is disappointing.

Good to know. My friend also has an AP and won't be going. What number will I need from her? You would think they would offer it again to disney visa and DVC. Sigh

Good enough reason to cancel my Visa card. Not getting an AP because I do not live anywhere remotely close to Disney oh well this is disappointing.

I can't have an AP as well, so I feel you on the disappointment/frustration. They did mention a discount though, for Visa card holders. I am curious as to what that will be exactly. I'm all for saving a little $$ on mine since I usually forget my discount code.

Good to know. My friend also has an AP and won't be going. What number will I need from her? You would think they would offer it again to disney visa and DVC. Sigh

I just had my friend on my computer, she logged in, opened the link, and let me register. Should just need the link, I believe.

Hi all! Seriously considering the DDD this year. Ran the 1/2 two years ago and had fun. Recently did the W&D half and then went on a running hiatus and it shows. Plan to get back into training and having an event to look forward to helps the motivation. :-)

Any information being released and/or found for early registation for DVC members? Any info is greatly appreciated :)

The runDisney website has been updated to show the 5K as now being on Friday August 29th at 9am.

UMMMM, is this a misprint??? It will be way too hot and they won't be able to open the parks until noon.

Disneyland® Family Fun Run 5K

Friday, August 29, 2014

9:00 a.m.

Start/Finish: Downtown Disney® District

I'm in for DDD, CTC and hoping to get a slot for Dopey as well. I ran DDD last year and finished with some energy left. Lost 38 lbs last year and hoping for 40 more this year with the training.

My worry is that I have a Premier Passport (AP for both DL and WDW) and everytime I try to get early access to something, it seems that no one at Disney quite knows what to do with the Premier Passport. :headache: Hopefully the Disney VISA discount is worth having and the slots don't sell out this year if the early access thing doesn't work out.

This year's goal is to run a pace less than 13 min/mile so I can actually get a decent corral placement. I hope it isn't as hot this year as it was last year. The sun just baked us from mile 7 till the end.

I'm excited and hoping to get in for dumbo again! I'm going to be stalking!!

I'm in for DDD, CTC and hoping to get a slot for Dopey as well. I ran DDD last year and finished with some energy left. Lost 38 lbs last year and hoping for 40 more this year with the training. My worry is that I have a Premier Passport (AP for both DL and WDW) and everytime I try to get early access to something, it seems that no one at Disney quite knows what to do with the Premier Passport. :headache: Hopefully the Disney VISA discount is worth having and the slots don't sell out this year if the early access thing doesn't work out. This year's goal is to run a pace less than 13 min/mile so I can actually get a decent corral placement. I hope it isn't as hot this year as it was last year. The sun just baked us from mile 7 till the end.

If it helps I can get on the Disneyland version of the AP early registration page without any problem. And I have a Premeire Passport also so I think we might be okay.

If it helps I can get on the Disneyland version of the AP early registration page without any problem. And I have a Premeire Passport also so I think we might be okay.

Can you send a link to where you are seeing this? I went on the AP link and don't see it, I must be in the wrong place. THX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter