**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

not related to our august trip but I have to share!

I got into early AP registration for the tinkerbell pixie dust challenge in may 2015! AP spots sold out in 15min -- i am on a flight and bought 1 hour of wifi just to register -- i am on :cloud9:

Here's my cast of characters:
Kati (me), Bryan (DH), Annie (7) and Gavin (4)
Both Annie and I have grown out our bangs and have much longer hair now. Bryan and Gavin look exactly the same as last year, and may likely be wearing the same clothes!

We like to park hop, but our general plan is:
Aug. 21st - arrive in the evening, pick up APs, grab something to eat at Jolly Holiday or Plaza Inn for dinner, ride Small World then head back to HOJO to play in the water park.
Aug. 22nd - DL at rope drop, Plaza Inn breakfast at 10:30, Parade at 4pm, Cafe Orleans 5pm, 9:00 Fantasmic (if the kids are up for it). We'll be in our matching Splash Mountain shirts on this day! They have the cartoon drawing of our family on splash on the front and lyrics from the ride written on the back.
Aug. 23rd - Legoland
Aug. 24th - switching over to DLH at 6am :scared1: to do EE at DCA at 7am! Goofy's Kitchen at 5pm
Aug. 25th - EE at DCA then park hopping
Aug. 26th - MM at DL to brave the Frozen line up, 11:30am lunch at BB
Aug. 27th - EE at DCA then hopping
Aug. 28th - MM at DL then leaving at 1:00pm to fly home

Please say "HI" if you see us! I'll have my DisUnplugged button on my purse. I'm also planning to figure out how to use instagram and take a bunch of pics on my phone, so if you want you can look for me on there. I'm katididdisney on instagram.

Now I'm really scared about WDW. We will be there six months from when we are in DL and I haven't even thought about it more than just to know we will be in Orlando for about week before our cruise depending on when we can get our flights (using miles and still need a few more that we'll have by the end of the month).

So do I just pretend I know what I'm doing and make dining reservations? Or do I wait until I know for sure when we will be there?

Also complicating it, one of my good friends from the east coast will be there at the same time we will be so I am sure we'll want to meet up with them for a few meals. Maybe I'll check with her since she is an expert at WDW. I've only been once about 14 years ago and we didn't need ADR's (or if we did, we didn't use them) back then.

Don't be scared!!! It's so much fun at WDW!

If you want to do table service, then you should consider making ADRs in advance. The more popular restaurants are gone at 180+10 days out, but there should be plenty of other options for you a few months in advance unless you are going at a busy time. I set my alarm for 4:00 am to make my WDW ADRs a couple weeks ago. :faint: I actually slept through my alarm because I had been up for several hours with my DD2, and it was about 4:30ish when I woke in a panic. I got on the phone before I was even fully awake and was connected to some nice lady who was so patient while I tried to become coherent. I got the last reservation for BOG for dinner, and she said I was really lucky. We're going at a slow time, too. But I have switched two ADRs since then with no problem, they are just for the less popular places.

The big difference at WDW is walking up to a TS isn't likely to get your seated any time soon, if at all. It's not like at DLR. So although I prefer more leisurely planning, I do book my ADRs. I pick my park for each day based on the times calendar and recommended parks based on historical crowds. Then I pick a TS for one meal based on that.

To prepare, I would just head over to the WDW side of DisBoards and start reading. :)

So, getting down to the wire here and I haven't even pulled out the suitcases yet. Wonder what's wrong with me this go around?:crazy2:

anyway, we leave Saturday for our day trip to Portland before hopping the plane on Sunday morning. Can't believe it's so close!!!:p

So, getting down to the wire here and I haven't even pulled out the suitcases yet. Wonder what's wrong with me this go around?:crazy2: anyway, we leave Saturday for our day trip to Portland before hopping the plane on Sunday morning. Can't believe it's so close!!!:p
I'll be flying out of Portland early Sunday morning too! We're almost there!!

I'm back from my quick weekend trip! My niece and I had so much fun!!! The weather was a bit crazy, but it didn't bother us at all. We rode so much, saw parades, fireworks, WOC, ate great food, laughed and just had an amazing time!

Now time to plan my December trip with the little niece!!! :)

So, getting down to the wire here and I haven't even pulled out the suitcases yet. Wonder what's wrong with me this go around?:crazy2:

anyway, we leave Saturday for our day trip to Portland before hopping the plane on Sunday morning. Can't believe it's so close!!!:p

I'm the same! I have some stuff done, but not my major packing. :eek: I work late tonight and tomorrow, too, so I have even less time. But I'm sure it will all get done. pixiedust:

Don't be scared!!! It's so much fun at WDW!

If you want to do table service, then you should consider making ADRs in advance. The more popular restaurants are gone at 180+10 days out, but there should be plenty of other options for you a few months in advance unless you are going at a busy time. I set my alarm for 4:00 am to make my WDW ADRs a couple weeks ago. :faint: I actually slept through my alarm because I had been up for several hours with my DD2, and it was about 4:30ish when I woke in a panic. I got on the phone before I was even fully awake and was connected to some nice lady who was so patient while I tried to become coherent. I got the last reservation for BOG for dinner, and she said I was really lucky. We're going at a slow time, too. But I have switched two ADRs since then with no problem, they are just for the less popular places.

The big difference at WDW is walking up to a TS isn't likely to get your seated any time soon, if at all. It's not like at DLR. So although I prefer more leisurely planning, I do book my ADRs. I pick my park for each day based on the times calendar and recommended parks based on historical crowds. Then I pick a TS for one meal based on that.

To prepare, I would just head over to the WDW side of DisBoards and start reading. :)

Actually, I did my math wrong and we are well into our 180 days now. But I talked to my friend who always goes that same week in January and she said that there is no need to panic. I'm kind of waiting to see what the special offers are in a couple of months before I book. We're not even sure if we are staying onsite or not.

Actually, I did my math wrong and we are well into our 180 days now. But I talked to my friend who always goes that same week in January and she said that there is no need to panic. I'm kind of waiting to see what the special offers are in a couple of months before I book. We're not even sure if we are staying onsite or not.

What week in January? We are in the parks from the 22-25.

You can still book your ADRs if you aren't staying on site. But like I said, the less popular restaurants will have availability for a while still at a slow time, so if you aren't dead set on a certain popular venue, you have really good chances of getting what you want a few months or weeks out.

Have fun!!!

Two more nights until our four days at DLR!!! We leave at 5:45 a.m. on Friday morning on Southwest and get to LAX at 8:00 a.m. We're hoping to be at GCH by 9:30 and in Disneyland by 10. Over the weekend, if anyone sees the two Disney nuts below, say hi! (That's me--Michael--in the blue, and my partner, Ryan. I'll have my birthday button on all day Friday!) Can't wait!!! :cool1:

Michael-and-Ryan-at-Storytellers-Statue-e1407367834219.jpg

Two more nights until our four days at DLR!!! We leave at 5:45 a.m. on Friday morning on Southwest and get to LAX at 8:00 a.m. We're hoping to be at GCH by 9:30 and in Disneyland by 10. Over the weekend, if anyone sees the two Disney nuts below, say hi! (That's me--Michael--in the blue, and my partner, Ryan. I'll have my birthday button on all day Friday!) Can't wait!!! :cool1:

I'll be in Disneyland on Saturday. If you see a girl wearing a mask and carrying a Stitch with red Mickey ears, that's me. Come over and say hi. I don't bite; too hard through the mask lol.

burning the midnight oil here so i have a chance to get on here and do some replies. I've added a few more things to my hectic enough schedule - dinner at a friends place, niece coming for a visit cuz she's going to WDW and I could NOT let her go without Disney a fying her!!! and popping in to DH's work tomorrow cuz they are backed up and need extra hands. yikes!!!! But i will make due! 4 days til I leave :D :D :D

We will be doing the same...

23 - evening - DtD
24 - Disneyland
25 - DCA
26 - rest day w/ evening Hopping
27 - DCA
28 - Disneyland

I plan to just walk around the parks going, "Kim?" "Are you Kim?" "Kimmmmmm?" "Wakica on the Boards?" ;)

We are Dave, Darla, Dana (the 3 D's)

:rotfl:bahahaha! You made me laugh! I will definitely be listening for that now!!!!!! Don't disappoint me ;)
Actually it won't be TOO hard - you just have to do it when you see a red head and we are the minority so you won't have to call my name ALL day ;)

Now I'm really scared about WDW. We will be there six months from when we are in DL and I haven't even thought about it more than just to know we will be in Orlando for about week before our cruise depending on when we can get our flights (using miles and still need a few more that we'll have by the end of the month).

So do I just pretend I know what I'm doing and make dining reservations? Or do I wait until I know for sure when we will be there?

Also complicating it, one of my good friends from the east coast will be there at the same time we will be so I am sure we'll want to meet up with them for a few meals. Maybe I'll check with her since she is an expert at WDW. I've only been once about 14 years ago and we didn't need ADR's (or if we did, we didn't use them) back then.

It really is SSOOO much fun. Just remember the rule of getting to the parks EARLY and ride the most popular rides at that time while the waits aren't bad. As for restaraunts if you don't book them right away i wouldn't worry too much - they get cancelations close to the dates too so you can always try calling til a spot opens OR just eat at off times. We NEVER have a hard time fitting in a 4 or 4:30 pm supper time and fortunately for us we LOVE eating early :D Also, the counter service places aren't bad at all either and there are lots of them.

not related to our august trip but I have to share!

I got into early AP registration for the tinkerbell pixie dust challenge in may 2015! AP spots sold out in 15min -- i am on a flight and bought 1 hour of wifi just to register -- i am on :cloud9:

wow!!! That's GREAT!!!!

Here's my cast of characters:
Kati (me), Bryan (DH), Annie (7) and Gavin (4)
Both Annie and I have grown out our bangs and have much longer hair now. Bryan and Gavin look exactly the same as last year, and may likely be wearing the same clothes!

We like to park hop, but our general plan is:
Aug. 21st - arrive in the evening, pick up APs, grab something to eat at Jolly Holiday or Plaza Inn for dinner, ride Small World then head back to HOJO to play in the water park.
Aug. 22nd - DL at rope drop, Plaza Inn breakfast at 10:30, Parade at 4pm, Cafe Orleans 5pm, 9:00 Fantasmic (if the kids are up for it). We'll be in our matching Splash Mountain shirts on this day! They have the cartoon drawing of our family on splash on the front and lyrics from the ride written on the back.
Aug. 23rd - Legoland
Aug. 24th - switching over to DLH at 6am :scared1: to do EE at DCA at 7am! Goofy's Kitchen at 5pm
Aug. 25th - EE at DCA then park hopping
Aug. 26th - MM at DL to brave the Frozen line up, 11:30am lunch at BB
Aug. 27th - EE at DCA then hopping
Aug. 28th - MM at DL then leaving at 1:00pm to fly home

Please say "HI" if you see us! I'll have my DisUnplugged button on my purse. I'm also planning to figure out how to use instagram and take a bunch of pics on my phone, so if you want you can look for me on there. I'm katididdisney on instagram.

See you on the 24th or 25th :D :D

what?!?!?! yikes!!! I have finally packed my clothes!!! and gone through all the meds and got them ready. I'm a bit anal about meds on holidays cuz I want to be prepared for any situation. Funny thing is we rarely use what we bring on trips but I just feel the need to be prepared for anything.

I'll be flying out of Portland early Sunday morning too! We're almost there!!

I wanted to take a moment to wish a wonderfully magical trip to the following August peeps who will be leaving in the next week....

salandJeff
mikedoyleblogger
carriep
BriannaRuth
mirage0306
Daisybelle
hyperminimalism
wynntx
zaz
gerilyne
tweedlemom
BriannaRuth
peterpanandwendy
moonwolf
tiffjoy
LisamWDW
MPHARJ
BryANDTessMom
coldNeverBotheredMe
whoever

Please remember us counting down our days til our precious trips and feel free to post from the world on how things are going so we can all live vicariously through you :thumbsup2

I apologize if I missed anyone on this list - I still need to make time to do one last update to our lists before i go. I still want you to have a magical trip though!

I am so excited! Thursday and it starts being real. We are leaving for the airport on Saturday to fly out Sunday at 6 AM for NYC, then onto SNA for 3 PM. We have Goofy supper reserved and both my daugthers are very excited! (the 16 yrs old more than the 6 yrs old I think!)

Please say "HI" if you see us! I'll have my DisUnplugged button on my purse.

:wave: Will do! We'll be doing the same parks on the 25th and 27th (DCA)

I'm also planning to figure out how to use instagram and take a bunch of pics on my phone, so if you want you can look for me on there. I'm katididdisney on instagram.

That is a great idea with instagram, just followed you...anyone want to following along with me?

@GROOVERTOO (twitter)
groovertoo (Instagram)

This should be fun!:thumbsup2

:wave: Will do! We'll be doing the same parks on the 25th and 27th (DCA) That is a great idea with instagram, just followed you...anyone want to following along with me? @GROOVERTOO (twitter) groovertoo (Instagram) This should be fun!:thumbsup2

I'm also on Instagram and post lots of pics of our Disney trips. I'm equestrianesse. I'll follow anyone who shares. :)

:wave: Will do! We'll be doing the same parks on the 25th and 27th (DCA)

That is a great idea with instagram, just followed you...anyone want to following along with me?

@GROOVERTOO (twitter)
groovertoo (Instagram)

This should be fun!:thumbsup2

I'm also on Instagram and post lots of pics of our Disney trips. I'm equestrianesse. I'll follow anyone who shares. :)

I'm now following both of you. We should all use the hashtag #augdis on our photos so that they're easy to find. Anyone else on instagram that wants to share photos, please do!

There are a lot of us Canadians (particularly BC'ers) that are going around the same time. Would any of you like to meet up in the parks or DTD briefly? I was thinking if would be easy if we all picked a parade or show to meet up at beforehand. And not just Canadians, but anyone else who's going at the same time should plan a little meet up. We're going to see the Soundsational parade and frozen pre parade on Friday Aug 22nd. Anyone who wants to meet us by the Alice in Wonderland bathrooms at 3:30, please do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter