**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

Yes, you can exchange your voucher for actual tickets when you check in at DLH. It's all done by the same person, and your family can sit in the cute Tea Cup chairs while they wait.

My tips for Jedi training is to arrive early and make sure the kids behave well before the show begins. The jedi masters scope out the audience well before the show starts. Try to make sure the kids understand that they may not be chosen, but they'll still get to watch a fun show. You can always try again on another day.

Thanks Rubygoose!

We'll make sure to prep them beforehand. The plan is for them to dress in matching StarsWars gear, so hopefully that will help them get picked too.

I'm guessing it makes sense to try to hit the earliest show in the day and then return to later ones if necessary.

can i ask who the photog is you went with? I'm debating booking a family photo session while in California. I don't think I'll do DL but would REALLY love to have our pics this year while down there.

Are we allowed to post this? Not sure, but I don't see why not.

I found pbkisses online and liked the style of her photographs (I am very picky with professional photos and want someone who's style fits what I would do). She has been incredibly helpful so far- even giving me tips on the A&E M&G, which we are doing the morning we meet up with her.

I'm really excited! We do yearly photos, and it hit me that our last were in Hawaii last year on vacation, so I decided it would be perfect to do then on vacation again this time. DLR is a special place for us, and I wanted some photos to remember the girls and us there when they are small.

phew!!! I think I have the first page all caught up again. Let me know of any errors and I apologize if i missed anything - if so, please remind me. tiffjoy.... Is it just your anniversary dinner on the 20th?? Or is that your actual anniversary date? If it's not your date let me know when it is so I can put that on our calendar too.

I think this is another person. :) We aren't there on the 20th.

It won't be our first time to Disneyland, but it IS our first time going as parents! We are so excited to share the magic with our little ones :) I swear I had kids just to enjoy Disneyland with them ;) Actually, as soon as my daughter was born and my husband said "It's a girl" the first words out of my mouth were "Yay! Someone to go to Fantasy Faire with me!" lol.

Oh, you will have the MOST magical time!!!! I thought Disney was fun, then I had kids and it became absolutely amazing. My DH and I both agree our best trips have been since having the girls.

We took my oldest to DLR for the first time to celebrate her first birthday. This trip is to celebrate her fifth birthday, and it's the first birthday trip for her since that first one. My mama heart is going to be so full.

I have been working so much that I haven't had a chance to post on here. We will arrive on 8/12 staying at the DLH until 8/20 we miss DL go to WDW every year. It has been 3 years since we were out west! Getting so excited, time to pack we have to pick up my daughter at WDW first her 8 months with the DCP is ending!

:welcome: I will add you to the list. Not much longer for you now :thumbsup2

Just saw this thread and wanted to chime in. We are going for 3 nights (2 1/2 days) from Aug. 5-8 then we're heading to Aulani. This will be our 2nd visit to DL but it feels like our first time because it's been so long. The last time we were there was also for only 2 days - back in 2005. We're staying at VGC and are doing DL park our first afternoon after we arrive then CA on our 2nd day. Our last afternoon on 8/7 we will park hop as needed to finish getting everything in. We only have 1 ADR - Blue Bayou for dinner on 8/6. What did I forget to include?! Crossing my fingers we can muddle thru without having too many plans. We are WDW vets and own DVC so we're anxious to try VGC - just not used to not planning as much like we do for WDW. Everybody says DL doesn't need it so I guess we'll see!! :)

:welcome: DL and Hawaii! Lucky you :goodvibes

I can't believe I'm leaving in one week and one day! Does anyone else get that nervous feeling before a big trip? Like, I don't know if I want to go! I'd have to leave my precious house and my kitties. T_T I know I'm being irrational and everything will be okay. This'll be a fun trip!

I NEVER get the feeling that I don't want to go :scared1: I can't get enough of holidaying! I don't even feel too bad about leaving my dog cuz my husbands parents come and live at our place so I know he's getting spoiled too :) I do miss him later on in the trip though and I'm always happy to get home to him and to my bed.

Are we allowed to post this? Not sure, but I don't see why not.

I found pbkisses online and liked the style of her photographs (I am very picky with professional photos and want someone who's style fits what I would do). She has been incredibly helpful so far- even giving me tips on the A&E M&G, which we are doing the morning we meet up with her.

I'm really excited! We do yearly photos, and it hit me that our last were in Hawaii last year on vacation, so I decided it would be perfect to do then on vacation again this time. DLR is a special place for us, and I wanted some photos to remember the girls and us there when they are small.

Thanks! I think it's ok to post that just maybe not a link to them??

I think this is another person. :) We aren't there on the 20th.
oops lol - I will have to re look through my notes. Thanks for letting me know I got the wrong person :lmao:

We leave this month!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I'm going this month too! :) Meeting up with my Mom and her husband there for the Dumbo Double, we'll be there from the 28-3. So excited to get back out to Cali! The only bummer is that HM is getting the holiday refurb a couple days before I get there, I actually considered changing my flight and adding a couple days to my hotel reservation just so I could see it again!

I am so happy it's August - I am on the road twice this month for work so the 22nd will be here before i know it and I can't wait to be back at DL!!!!! :dance3:

The day has come! Been up since 4:30 because of time change and because I am so excited! If I get a chance I will write a quick post tonight :goodvibes

We leave two weeks from today to begin our drive!! We've had a few changes this week. My DH is actually not going on this trip. So we are getting APs for my boys and I and going back with him in October.

Catching up: with an extra $500 I would upgrade to the Paradise Pier for the last two nights of our stay. My brother we are traveling with would like to do that anyway.

And we have a couple of first timers in our group of 12: my SIL's brother and my cousin's toddler. But it's really my cousins first time too. She went once as a child but only for a day. Looking forward to showing her how to really do the park.

Whew I missed a lot on this board this past week. I've been at a wonderful family reunion and celebrating my aunts birthday. Got home yesterday afternoon, and we're leaving tomorrow morning for LA!! Last night I started to get sick though, and went to the doctor and got some meds, I'm not letting anything stop this trip! I figure I'll rent a wheelchair if I'm getting too winded, but I'm determined to enjoy our 4 days in the parks! I'm spending this evening packing and resting as much as I can, and editing my touring plans just a bit. I plan on a lot less running around back and forth and trying to go in order a bit more. :confused3 We'll see how this works out.

Whew I missed a lot on this board this past week. I've been at a wonderful family reunion and celebrating my aunts birthday. Got home yesterday afternoon, and we're leaving tomorrow morning for LA!! Last night I started to get sick though, and went to the doctor and got some meds, I'm not letting anything stop this trip! I figure I'll rent a wheelchair if I'm getting too winded, but I'm determined to enjoy our 4 days in the parks! I'm spending this evening packing and resting as much as I can, and editing my touring plans just a bit. I plan on a lot less running around back and forth and trying to go in order a bit more. :confused3 We'll see how this works out.

Oh no, sorry you are bit feeling well! Hope you bounce back faster than expected.

Oh no, sorry you are bit feeling well! Hope you bounce back faster than expected.

Thanks! I'm hydrating like crazy today, meanwhile checking mousewait to get an idea of the wait times to expect tomorrow, as this time tomorrow we will be arriving into the park! I have a feeling my excitement will cancel out most of the symptoms of this illness, just dreading that 5 hour plane ride from orlando to LAX, but at least we have a nonstop.

Please add me to the group.

I will be traveling from Montana with my Hubby, DS(11), DD(8) for our second trip to Disneyland Aug 23-Aug 29. A last minute trip we started planning about 2 weeks ago. :woohoo:

We were booked at the Tropicana for all 5 nights, but pulled the trigger today for a huge splurge and will be staying at the GCH the last 4 nights of the trip. :cloud9: (just could not afford to spend a Sat night there, but got a fair deal on the Sun-Thurs)

We will be hitting some museums in LA on arrival and departure day and will have 4 day hopper tickets.

We still talk about our first trip, Halloween 2012 all the time. I couldn't have imagined how magical a Disney trip could be :wizard:

This board has been AMAZING and really has added to the pleasure of trip planning :thumbsup2

We did DL yesturday .....got tons done as we arrived at 7. You must, must get there early....we never would have got all that done otherwise. Came back to our room to have a mid-day nap and were back at the park for our 5 pm reservations at Cafe Orleans. We did fireworks and second Fantasmic. Today it's raining and we are sitting in our room wondering if we should go or not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter