**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

wakica said:
QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Your fairy god mother has granted you $500.00 toward your Disney holiday!!! What do you do with it???

Upgrade your resort?

Add more fancy restaraunts?

Add on some extras (such as a tour)?

Increase your souveneir budget?

Add another day?

Add another park?

or.........?

Good question.... While I would be tempted to use it for myself for a fancy Dooney and Burke handbag I would probably use it for a fancy dinner or an in room celebration. Maybe add concerge to an onsite rez. Something we could all enjoy in.

For me it would be brunch at goofys kitchen (I couldn't justify $100 on waffles this time around) and photo pass +, and a peice of beautiful artwork from the Disney gallery.

QOTW!!!! Question of the Week.... pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Your fairy god mother has granted you $500.00 toward your Disney holiday!!! What do you do with it??? Upgrade your resort? Add more fancy restaraunts? Add on some extras (such as a tour)? Increase your souveneir budget? Add another day? Add another park? or.........?

Ooooh, good question! Like others, I might be tempted to upgrade to onsite but we have stayed in a two room suite at DLH and while it was great, I never thought it was quite worth the expense.

With $500 extra, I would probably stay an extra day and with the rest I would do another fancy restaurant, probably Napa Rose if it was open!

QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Your fairy god mother has granted you $500.00 toward your Disney holiday!!! What do you do with it???

Upgrade your resort?

Add another day?

Add another park?

or.........?

$500 doesn't go very far towards a hotel upgrade when you're staying for a week!

We're already doing all the dining that I want, and doing a tour. We've got plenty of time at the park.

As we have nowhere in Australia to buy Disney items without crazy shipping costs ($50 shipping for one $20 t-shirt - no thank you, Disney shopping!), I would definitely add that $500 to my souvenir budget :thumbsup2

Hmm, $500 doesn't usually go very far for 8 ppl at Disney, but these options would definitely work with our existing plans:

Fantasmic! dessert package, couldn't justify booking it, but as a gift ... :) 5ads and 3kids = $450 approx. leaving about $50 for in park treats ... We would likely have to share so we could sample lots of any unique to DL ones.

OR

Discover the Magic Tour (with DVC discount, about $340 for the 8 of us) plus Half day cabana rental at DLH ($115)., leaving about $45 for treats in the parks.

Now, if these prices don't include taxes, treats would be out!

If we had $500 extra bucks I would stay on site for sure! This is my 6th disney trip (other 5 were WDW) and have yet to stay on site as I am cheap. :)

Guess I am headed to the Land for August 23rd and half day on 24th.

Driving with DD down for her second year of college on Friday, we didn't want her to have a car down there her Freshman year-so this will be interesting as will an apartment off campus. DW and DS flying down that night to join us. DS and I will hit the Land commando style on Saturday, leisurely on Sunday for half a day before the three of us fly home.

QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

Definitely would use it for a supper at the Blue Bayou or the Fantasmic Dessert option or World of Color dining with fastpass. Have done all those, but cannot justify doing them every time. Maybe a tour. We did the Happiest Haunts tour a couple years ago and it was fabulous! It would be a harder choice than I thought! :rotfl2:

Driving with DD down for her second year of college on Friday, we didn't want her to have a car down there her Freshman year-so this will be interesting as will an apartment off campus. DW and DS flying down that night to join us. DS and I will hit the Land commando style on Saturday, leisurely on Sunday for half a day before the three of us fly home.

First time to Disneyland! Looking forward to it :thumbsup2

Welcome to the August group! :wave2:

I'm loving all the answers to the QOTW :thumbsup2 Especially the ones that are SOOO thought out to the exact prices. :rotfl:

First time to Disneyland! Looking forward to it :thumbsup2

:welcome:
I'm sure you will love it!

:welcome: What a great start to her college year :thumbsup2

We have changed our reservation (8/24-8/29) from the DLH to the GCH. We jumped on the passholder 25% off offer and switched hotels. I think both hotels are great but my husband loves the GCH.

QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

Limo ride to and from the airport and whatever is left...pay it forward and pick up someones meal at a restaurant for them.:thumbsup2

QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

Upgrade your resort?

Add another day?

Add another park?

or.........?

For this trip - I don't think i would know what to use it for - most of our trip is budgeted for BUT I would put it towards our December trip and use it for the holiday tour, photopass+ and some sort of b-day surprise for DS since our dec trip is for his b-day

QOTW!!!!
Question of the Week....

Upgrade your resort?

Add another day?

Add another park?

or.........?

Upgrade to a Premier AP!!!

Can't believe I didn't reply to this thread before. We are going to DL on Wed, Aug 13 - Sunday, Aug 17. I won a trip though a radio station..airfare, tickets (4- 3 day tickets) and two nights at the Disneyland hotel. So we are staying at Holiday Inn the first night, DLH, then HOJOs on Saturday (our normal go-to place). Kids are excited about staying on property!

We are really looking forward to the trip, (although it marks the end of the summer for us. We fly back around 5 pm on Sunday, kids start school that Monday morning.)

Yah, August!

Can't believe I didn't reply to this thread before. We are going to DL on Wed, Aug 13 - Sunday, Aug 17. I won a trip though a radio station..airfare, tickets (4- 3 day tickets) and two nights at the Disneyland hotel. So we are staying at Holiday Inn the first night, DLH, then HOJOs on Saturday (our normal go-to place). Kids are excited about staying on property!

We are really looking forward to the trip, (although it marks the end of the summer for us. We fly back around 5 pm on Sunday, kids start school that Monday morning.)

Yah, August!

Oh my goodness, you are so lucky! xD I want to win a trip to Disneyland! I always worry though if that ever were to happy with me how I would get there as sometimes airfare is included. I'm terrified of flying and haven't been on a plane for over 10 years, so I'd have to find another way to get there.

Congratulations, though! I'll be there mid-week, too! Maybe we'll cross paths and neverr knooooww~

I have a bit of an update to our plans. I'm canceling Steakhouse 55 on our arrival day (August 11). I realized it has been a year since our last family pictures, so I found a photographer who does pics in DLR and booked a session with her. To get DH on board, I had to cancel something, so I let go of our fancy dinner. No regrets, though, as I love nice pictures of my girls, and I especially love doing them at places that mean something to us.

Now to decide what everyone will wear!

We are finally done! All TEN in my group have finally agreed to our dinning and touring plans!!! :yay: :yay:

We are in the parks from aug 2 to the 10th.. With hoppers.
We did get all our dinning choices..
Ariel's grotto, PCH grill, Minnie's Breakfast, goofys kitchen, story tellers, Carthy circle, carnation cafe, and the BBQ
We are going to be sooooo full!
I even got studio 365 appointments for all the girls in our group.. :yay:

If you see us, feel free to stop us and say hi... We love meeting new people.

It's going to be hard to miss us.. (We will be the ten people arguing with each other. J/K ) :rotfl:
All the adults have disney themed shirts ( not matching) and My girls have handmade costumes and dresses for each day.
They will be in Mary Poppins, Jane (from Tarzan) and even CARSLAND themed dresses.

Can't wait to get this trip started!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter