**** Official 2014 AUGUST - Disneyland thread ****

Wow, tough week!

Winnie the Pooh is the must-do for us. However, we also try to do anyone who's not well-known.

I'm here!!! :yay:

It has been the most insane few weeks in my life, here is a brief rundown.

My fully vaccinated son got chicken pox. Three days later our office manager goes on a 2 week vacation to get married. Her temp had 1 day of training. One of our staff got into a pretty serious car accident and is off work for almost a week. The day after that happens, my husband ends up being rushed to the ER with a very serious infection that got into his blood stream and he ends up in the hospital for almost a week. Right in the middle of this, I put my back out and had to take care of our 8 year old by myself through insane pain and I can't take either Tylenol or aspirin.

The good news is that because he was vaccinated, our son's chicken pox was a very mild case, our office manager (who I now know I cannot live without!) is back today, our employee is back at work, my husband was released from the hospital on Tuesday and he is back at work today and finally, thanks to taking it as easy as possible and thanks to some pretty kick butt anti-inflamatories my back is feeling much better.

I hope that is all of our bad luck for the entire year!

holy cow!!! What on earth?? :confused3
When it rains it pours I guess huh???

I can relate a little bit though. I got strep throat and was sick for 2 weeks with it but still going to work and TRYING to function each day. I needed to nap and go to bed early every day bc I was EXHAUSTED!!! During that time my car wouldn't start so we were down a vehicle for a week causing me to run around more instead of getting the rest I needed and then I brought home a case of lice from work :scared1: because I was sick I was just collapsing into bed at the end of the work day and going to bed early so i didn't catch the lice until it was a pretty good infestation so we've been dealing with trying to clear that up and get the house cleaned up so nobody else catches it. So ya, that added to my exhaustion and just made it harder for me to kick this strep throat. In that time my DH's aunt passed away too. It was expected but put more work on us because all the relatives are old so we had to do all the chaufering around.
I've now been under the weather for 1 week and 5 days and I totally blame it on not having the proper time to rest. Throw in to that having to do Mothers Day dinners and it's been a LOOOOONG 2 weeks!

I hope I'm done for the year too!

Hope things start going more smoothly for you! and me too haha.

holy cow!!! What on earth?? :confused3
When it rains it pours I guess huh???

I can relate a little bit though. I got strep throat and was sick for 2 weeks with it but still going to work and TRYING to function each day. I needed to nap and go to bed early every day bc I was EXHAUSTED!!! During that time my car wouldn't start so we were down a vehicle for a week causing me to run around more instead of getting the rest I needed and then I brought home a case of lice from work :scared1: because I was sick I was just collapsing into bed at the end of the work day and going to bed early so i didn't catch the lice until it was a pretty good infestation so we've been dealing with trying to clear that up and get the house cleaned up so nobody else catches it. So ya, that added to my exhaustion and just made it harder for me to kick this strep throat. I've now been under the weather for 1 week and 5 days and I totally blame it on not having the proper time to rest. Throw in to that having to do Mothers Day dinners and it's been a LOOOOONG 2 weeks!

I hope I'm done for the year too!

Hope things start going more smoothly for you! and me too haha.

Yikes, drama galore!

At least there is just a bit over 3 months until Disneyland! :banana:

Time for the

QUESTION OF THE WEEK :goodvibes

WHO IS THE ONE CHARACTER YOU MUST SEE/VISIT/MEET N GREET/GET AUTOGRAPH FROM IN A DISNEY PARK?
::MinnieMo:earsgirl:::MickeyMo:earsboy:::MinnieMo:::MickeyMo:earsboy:::MinnieMo:earsgirl:

and yes, I know some of you have a very difficult time narrowing it down so go ahead and make a list o the top 3 or top 5 or whatever you need to do. LOL

We are not huge character people either. We prefer to spend our time on more rides but there are our faves that we make an exception for.

ME - IRON MAN!!!! I'm so bummed that they have meets with Thor and Captain America but not Iron Man :sad: I will have to settle for the display they have I guess.

DD - I think it's Peter Pan this time but last time it was Duffy cuz he was fairly new.

DH- I have no clue... maybe Jessica Rabbit? :laughing:

Time for the

WHO IS THE ONE CHARACTER YOU MUST SEE/VISIT/MEET N GREET/GET AUTOGRAPH FROM IN A DISNEY PARK?
::MinnieMo:earsgirl:::MickeyMo:earsboy:::MinnieMo:::MickeyMo:earsboy:::MinnieMo:earsgirl:

and yes, I know some of you have a very difficult time narrowing it down so go ahead and make a list o the top 3 or top 5 or whatever you need to do. LOL

Tinkerbell and the other fairies in Pixi Hollow. Even with a long wait, we've always had excellent interactions with them. DS kissed Tink on the lips the last time we were there! Also, Peter Pan is fantastic for Character interactions, though we have only seen him once out of 3 trips. He was so casual and acted as if he was just visiting Disneyland like everyone else.

Add me to the list of Disneyland visitors this August! I'll be there from 8/29-9/2 for the DL Half to earn my Coast to Coast medal. Staying at Ramada Anaheim Maingate, found a deal through work. Wanted to be close since I won't have a car & will be solo.
This is my first trip to DL since 2000 and that was just a one day trip up from San Diego. So almost everything will be new. Hoping to do Chef's Counter at Napa Rose the day of the race as a treat. I'll be getting park hoppers to go between the two parks. Hoping to get on as many rides as possible & check out some shows.

Where did everyone go??? :confused3:confused3

It is baseball season! We have four boys in ball so all our time is spent at the diamonds. Now that I am back at work I have a few minutes to read the boards. :) Hope you had an amazing Mother's Day!

CHARACTER WE MUST SEE - Donald Duck of course!

:goodvibes

I'm still here, just recovering from my gall bladder operation.

Sounds like a few of us have had a stressful couple of weeks, hopefully life can go back to normal now :goodvibes

As for favourite character meet and greet... I really prefer to seek out different characters each time, but I will say, if I ever see Mulan or Piglet I'll be staking out my place in line :thumbsup2

Oh wow! It sounds like everyone has had a rough go the last couple of weeks. Thank goodness for a DL trip to look forward to. But August can't get here fast enough. :)

I don't have a favorite or must see character. I do enjoy watching my sons interact with them though.

My oldest DS loves Stitch. His previous favorites were Chip and Dale.

My younger son likes them all.

My DH likes the face characters, especially the Mad Hatter.

Character must see for me are the classics- Mickey and Minnie.

I really, really love seeing my girls with the characters. My DD4 has loved them since her first visit at one year old, and it's wonderful to see her reactions. Priceless. This year, she wants to see Elsa and Anna. And I'll do my very best to see if we can.

Dd2 loves Sophia. I am crossing fingers for her that Doc sticks around.

Time for the

After seeing all the videos on youtube the one character I'd love to meet is Peter Pan. Though I'm kinda shy and get really tongue-tied whenever I meet any character.

Mickey and Stitch are my favourite characters. This trip I don't think we will be waiting in any lines to meet anyone as it's an adult only trip but I am still looking forward to seeing anyone we might come across!

We're not very bold about lining up to meet characters, but I'm determined to get a pic with Minnie this time and my daughter wants one with Peter Pan. Although I have no idea where one would find Peter Pan for such a picture. Hmmm.... Anyone know?:confused3

We're not very bold about lining up to meet characters, but I'm determined to get a pic with Minnie this time and my daughter wants one with Peter Pan. Although I have no idea where one would find Peter Pan for such a picture. Hmmm.... Anyone know?:confused3

We've seen him at the Minnie and Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn.

Others have reported seeing him wandering the parks but I've never seen him there. You can always ask at Guest Services for an idea of their daily schedule.

We saw him just inside the gates at about lunch time a couple of years back.

I just cancelled a Hojo Kids Suite reservation for August 22nd-25th. We're officially flying in on the Monday, so if you want a suite for that weekend it's up for grabs now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter