Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

I struggled the cycle of run, injury, rest, build back up, repeat cycle, for years. I finally went through the Dartfish running analysis at a physical therapy department. It was $175 since I wasn't in physical therapy. It was a 2 day assessment. The 1st day I was filmed running, from every angle, for a mile, plus evaluated. The next visit, a therapist reviewed the the film with me, identified my strong and weak points, then taught me drills to change the thins in my form that were causing the injuries. 2 years now, injury free. Much more in depth than the analysis when you buy shoes.

Wow, that is awesome. I definitely would be interested in finding something like that in my area!

I got Corral I w/no proof of time. I'm running a 10K on the 21st so (hopefully!) I can move up a corral or 2 just for peace of mind. Anyone have a ballpark idea of what kind of 10K time I would need for that?

I used a 15k and my time was 1:37 for corral C.

No they don't. You just line up according to time

I read a blog from last year's race where someone said she was assigned to Corral D by Disney but moved to E to run with her friends during the 5K. I'm not sure how she knew to go into D. Will they tell us when we get there that morning or do you just pick one based on how long you think it will take you to finish?

I read a blog from last year's race where someone said she was assigned to Corral D by Disney but moved to E to run with her friends during the 5K. I'm not sure how she knew to go into D. Will they tell us when we get there that morning or do you just pick one based on how long you think it will take you to finish?

Never mind. I found on another blog where the corral is printed on the bib. I guess they are just not going to announce the ranges for each corral early like for the 10 miler. Thanks!

I got Corral I w/no proof of time. I'm running a 10K on the 21st so (hopefully!) I can move up a corral or 2 just for peace of mind. Anyone have a ballpark idea of what kind of 10K time I would need for that?

I don't know that this is 100% but what I used to arrive at my time for the 10 miler was the Macmillian Pace Calculator https://www.mcmillanrunning.com

I would put the time for the corral you are hoping to move into as the Step 1 time. For example 2:00 for corral F, then leave Step 2 blank and hit calculate. That will give you an estimated 10k time of 1:11, based on running the 10 miler in 2 hours. I hope that makes sense. Can anyone verify from corral F?! :thumbsup2

I don't know that this is 100% but what I used to arrive at my time for the 10 miler was the Macmillian Pace Calculator https://www.mcmillanrunning.com

I would put the time for the corral you are hoping to move into as the Step 1 time. For example 2:00 for corral F, then leave Step 2 blank and hit calculate. That will give you an estimated 10k time of 1:11, based on running the 10 miler in 2 hours. I hope that makes sense. Can anyone verify from corral F?! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! So helpful!

FWIW, I'm in G with a submitted 10K of 1:16:23 - which runD translated into an expected 2:01:00 for TOT. Whatever formula they use is pretty ambitious, lol!

I used McMillan to estimate my 10 Miler time after I finished my 10K in April. I came up with 1:42, but Disney was a little more generous and gave me an estimated finish of 1:38 after I submitted my proof of time. So, not sure how they calculate it. :confused3

Thanks to all who responded to my question. :)

My costume is a very sweaty middle aged and slow runner.

That's a great costume! :)

I'm in corral J looks like I'll be forcing my way up towards the front to buy myself some time.

I'm back there with ya!

I had the same question, thanks for asking that! I'm doing a 10K this Sunday, so we'll see...

I struggled the cycle of run, injury, rest, build back up, repeat cycle, for years. I finally went through the Dartfish running analysis at a physical therapy department. It was $175 since I wasn't in physical therapy. It was a 2 day assessment. The 1st day I was filmed running, from every angle, for a mile, plus evaluated. The next visit, a therapist reviewed the the film with me, identified my strong and weak points, then taught me drills to change the thins in my form that were causing the injuries. 2 years now, injury free. Much more in depth than the analysis when you buy shoes.

Wow that sounds AMAZING.

Any thoughts on sweeping at rD races? I am too in Corral I....first rD race and would hate to have a DNF as my first... :)

Any thoughts on sweeping at rD races? I am too in Corral I....first rD race and would hate to have a DNF as my first... :)

So long as you've done the training, are prepared to go the distance, and maintain a pace faster than 16:00/mile, there is NO need to fear the sweepers at all!

So long as you've done the training, are prepared to go the distance, and maintain a pace faster than 16:00/mile, there is NO need to fear the sweepers at all!

That is probably one of the most believable things I have heard this afternoon! Thank you!!

I did 10 miles on Sunday and finished at 2:32...and it was probably about 40% of it was hills...so I know on a much more flatter surface I should be fine.

Just the thought of it...scares me...Plus I really wanna be able to enjoy the course as well...Then again...I have a few known stops that I will have to make of characters that are never out!!

Thanks again Princess V...I am totally start to feel much better about finishing this race...PIECE OF CAKE!!!

At the expo is submitting proof of time kind of a honor system thing or do I need to bring an official print out from a race.

Darn, I submitted proof of time at exactly 2:30 finish and that put me in Corral J. Was hoping to squeeze in a corral above to get some spacing on the sweepers given some shin splint issues and potential heat slowing me down.

What do they say a do not finish is better than a did not start :confused3

Darn, I submitted proof of time at exactly 2:30 finish and that put me in Corral J. Was hoping to squeeze in a corral above to get some spacing on the sweepers given some shin splint issues and potential heat slowing me down.

What do they say a do not finish is better than a did not start :confused3

why would you submit a proof of time for that? anything over 2 hours you didnt need proof of time.

Ignorance? :-)

Actually for the reason I just mentioned - I was hoping SOME proof of time would get me out of the last corral, which was obviously a bad strategy after learning people with no proof of time will be corrals ahead of me.

As it is, I appreciate I'm probably in the "right" corral for my pace, so we'll see what happens!

Ignorance? :-)

Actually for the reason I just mentioned - I was hoping SOME proof of time would get me out of the last corral, which was obviously a bad strategy after learning people with no proof of time will be corrals ahead of me.

As it is, I appreciate I'm probably in the "right" corral for my pace, so we'll see what happens!

its all good youll be fine either way i wouldnt stress being swept that much.. when i signed up for this one i had no idea what i was going finish in i had never run that far i just know i read that you needed proof of time for anything 2 hours and under so i put 2 hours 1 second... which actually works well for me because ive been running around 12:30 minute miles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter