• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

I need your help. Can't get ahold of my husband to see if he registered us. How is it looking? Please tell me it's not sold out yet. I have registration fear ever since the DDD registration!

I agree, I also have registration fear since watching the DDD sell out in like 2 minutes!! :sad2:

They don't even have the percentages up yet for TOT. I don't think we need to worry about this one selling out in record time- it is not an inaugural race, it does not count toward coast-2-coast, and a lot of people didn't like it last year! I'm not registering until tonight, I don't want my credit card info on my work computer ;)

Now, I'm also planning to do the Tink 2014, and I am going to take a vacation day that day to make sure I get registered right at 12:00 :thumbsup2

I agree, I also have registration fear since watching the DDD sell out in like 2 minutes!! :sad2:

They don't even have the percentages up yet for TOT. I don't think we need to worry about this one selling out in record time- it is not an inaugural race, it does not count toward coast-2-coast, and a lot of people didn't like it last year! I'm not registering until tonight, I don't want my credit card info on my work computer ;)

Now, I'm also planning to do the Tink 2014, and I am going to take a vacation day that day to make sure I get registered right at 12:00 :thumbsup2

I agree with all of the above- including the Tink stuff! I was at WDW the day DL registration opened and I was so concerned about getting in for the half we had to leave the park so I could go back to the room and register. I don't want to do that again!

BF and I are all signed up :cool1:

Can anyone tell me how the corrals work? We were in D last year because it was our first race ever, our time was 2:22 :mad: (angry face because I wanted to get a faster time).

Will we still be in D since we had such a high time?

BF and I are all signed up :cool1:

Can anyone tell me how the corrals work? We were in D last year because it was our first race ever, our time was 2:22 :mad: (angry face because I wanted to get a faster time).

Will we still be in D since we had such a high time?

Corral placement is based on anticipated finish time, so first step is entering the time in which you expect to finish and the second step is providing race results to back that up if you entered less than 2 hours. You can do this by email after registering or in person at the expo. Distance needs to be a 10K or greater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don;t think this will sell out too quickly. For starters, it's a weird distance; maybe not worth the travel time for lots of folks. Also, I believe the cap was 12,000 racers last year; I strongly suspect they'll up that this year.

Hi all, we're planning to sign up for the run and I noticed in the email it mentioned discounts are available for 3-day park hopper passes and stays in POR. We're planning to stay 10/5 - 10/12. Any idea if there is a way to get these discounts for doing the run but for a partial portion of a longer stay? Figured I'd ask here but have no problem calling if needed. Thanks!

I'm in with my Sis! :yay: :yay:

Now to look for the best deals on site...or decide on offsite....maybe.

Quite a price increase this year ! There were a number of problems last year. Not sure its worth it

glamdring269 said:
Hi all, we're planning to sign up for the run and I noticed in the email it mentioned discounts are available for 3-day park hopper passes and stays in POR. We're planning to stay 10/5 - 10/12. Any idea if there is a way to get these discounts for doing the run but for a partial portion of a longer stay? Figured I'd ask here but have no problem calling if needed. Thanks!

I think you can book through rundisney for your entire stay. The discount fades as you add days though. I know in looking at park tickets it was great for a few days... But the more days ended up looking closer to actual gate prices

You absolutely should run in costume if you participate this year.

I ran the race last year but did not dress up...and I was kicking myself the whole night. There were a lot of people dressed up and some really clever costumes.

I am a big fan of this race...it was one of my favorites last year...although I have to admit that I think a 50% increase in the price is extreme

Check out my race recap for this race

I think you can book through rundisney for your entire stay. The discount fades as you add days though. I know in looking at park tickets it was great for a few days... But the more days ended up looking closer to actual gate prices

There seems to be a limit to the number of nights you can book with the runDisney deal. When I called today to book a 7-night stay they said I had one night too many. I ended up booking room only through the regular reservation line. I think it was a $7/night difference, so not exactly a deal breaker. For the park tickets, I think only the first three days + park hopper are entitled to the 40% discount... any beyond that and it is at a regular price (not sure exactly the formula that is used).

I could be wrong on the above info, but this was my experience today. I am waiting to book park tickets in case I get FD, A girl can dream! :tinker:

Anyone else have any intel on this?

Just registered!! I'm in!! Also ordered party tix for my family :thumbsup2

Last year my costume was minimal- I was Minnie Mouse- polka dot sparkle skirt, black tank, yellow sneaks, and ears/bow on headband :thumbsup2

This year, planning something a little different- going back to the 80's and I'm going as Rainbow Brite :goodvibes I already have the blue sparkle skirt, and rainbow knee socks that I am going to cut the feet out and wear as leg warmers, so when I get hot I can just whip them off! Need to find a top the right color, and a few more doo-dads and I should be set ;)

In training news, for my easy 30 minute run tonight I ran 2.5 mi!! Usually on my easy 30 nights I run about 2.3 or 2.4, so I shocked myself that I managed 2.5!! Felt awesome :thumbsup2

No, I'm not creative enough for that:) I ran in a pirate running skirt.

Jennifer

Aw, I bet that was still cute

Last year my costume was minimal- I was Minnie Mouse- polka dot sparkle skirt, black tank, yellow sneaks, and ears/bow on headband :thumbsup2

This year, planning something a little different- going back to the 80's and I'm going as Rainbow Brite :goodvibes I already have the blue sparkle skirt, and rainbow knee socks that I am going to cut the feet out and wear as leg warmers, so when I get hot I can just whip them off! Need to find a top the right color, and a few more doo-dads and I should be set ;)

In training news, for my easy 30 minute run tonight I ran 2.5 mi!! Usually on my easy 30 nights I run about 2.3 or 2.4, so I shocked myself that I managed 2.5!! Felt awesome :thumbsup2

RAINBOW BRITE...OMG...LOVE IT!!! That is such a cute idea! Although the Minnie costume from last year sounds cute too. I thought about doing Minnie for ToT, but I think I want to do a Villian instead. Now that registration is complete its time to start thinking about it.

Rainbow bright is an awesome idea!!!

And :thumbsup2 on the training news!!!!

RAINBOW BRITE...OMG...LOVE IT!!! That is such a cute idea! Although the Minnie costume from last year sounds cute too. I thought about doing Minnie for ToT, but I think I want to do a Villian instead. Now that registration is complete its time to start thinking about it.

Rainbow bright is an awesome idea!!!

And :thumbsup2 on the training news!!!!

Aww thanks guys :goodvibes

Last year I decided on Minnie Mouse because that was my absolute fave Halloween costume as a kid!! If I remember I will take a pic of my scrapbook page that shows me as a kid as Minnie, and me running in the race as Minnie! It is super cute :goodvibes

So, keeping with the whole 80's vibe, that is when I decided on Rainbow Brite :thumbsup2 Then in 2014 for the Tink, I'm going as Tink (duh LOL), and for the 2014 Wine and Dine for my coast-2-coast I am seriously thinking of Sailor Moon!! (Isn't it so sad I have my costumes planned out that far?? LOL)

I hope to have a little time this weekend to play around with my rainbow socks- I haven't wanted to do anything until I was officially registered ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter