Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

longhorns2 said:
Crispey- what did you do about your flight?!? Just heard the FAA grounded 787 dream liners! Eeek!

I thought of her as soon as I read this online.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I read your link to your DL half experience 2012, I ran that one too! You're making me reconsider in taking my point and shoot with me on the tink run. Haha your photos made me all nostalgic. I LOVED running through Angels stadium! Did you wait long for the photos with the princesses? As in did the lines move relatively fast? So cute!!
You've also made me want to start a blog, haha. I want to be able to remember these runs and my times! So thanks for having your link on your posts :)

Thanks for reading my blog! :goodvibes I always run with my camera during races, I take pictures through the entire experience just so I can remember it later. I did have to wait in line for the Princesses but it was never longer than a couple of minutes each Princess. The line moves quickly, in my experience. There are longer lines that I wouldn't choose to stand in but during Tink last year, I did stand in a longer line for Buzz & Woody because Toy Story is my absolute favorite. I definitely think it's worth it, if you're ahead of the sweepers, to stop for photos. The race is over before you know it and then it's a blur in your memory. So..I say - run with your camera!! One of the first things I bought for my running belt was a camera holder!! :thumbsup2

longhorns2 said:
Crispey- what did you do about your flight?!? Just heard the FAA grounded 787 dream liners! Eeek!

We just read that too! The AP story we read said it was only an hour old so I guess it hasn't been long enough for United to redo the schedules yet...I haven't gotten an email yet. Hopefully they'll have something worked out by morning. Evidently there are only 6 in United's fleet so far so I'm hoping it won't wreak too much havoc and they can easily have another plane available. I'll be on the phone to them in the AM if I haven't gotten any sort of notification by then of what they are doing!

We just read that too! The AP story we read said it was only an hour old so I guess it hasn't been long enough for United to redo the schedules yet...I haven't gotten an email yet. Hopefully they'll have something worked out by morning. Evidently there are only 6 in United's fleet so far so I'm hoping it won't wreak too much havoc and they can easily have another plane available. I'll be on the phone to them in the AM if I haven't gotten any sort of notification by then of what they are doing!

I'm happy for you that you don't have to worry about flying on the Dreamliner. I'm sure that United will be able to put another plane into the flight. My understanding was that this was a possibility that they were planning for if FAA did ground the Dreamliner. The pixie dust is working.

Good luck and hope everything works out ok !!!!

I thought of her as soon as I read this online.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm happy for you that you don't have to worry about flying on the Dreamliner. I'm sure that United will be able to put another plane into the flight. My understanding was that this was a possibility that they were planning for if FAA did ground the Dreamliner. The pixie dust is working.

Good luck and hope everything works out ok !!!!

Thanks for thinking about me yall! So far this morning, my reservation is the same...still says the same aircraft too, but it allowed me to do the 24 hour advance check in so I went ahead and did that. I'll just keep my eye on my reservation all day today and if nothing changes, just assume everything is on schedule and there will just be a different plane at the gate when I get there in the AM. And why do early flights always seem like a good idea when you book them, but not so much the day before you actaully have to get up to make it there? My board time is 645AM! :scared1:

Thanks for thinking about me yall! So far this morning, my reservation is the same...still says the same aircraft too, but it allowed me to do the 24 hour advance check in so I went ahead and did that. I'll just keep my eye on my reservation all day today and if nothing changes, just assume everything is on schedule and there will just be a different plane at the gate when I get there in the AM. And why do early flights always seem like a good idea when you book them, but not so much the day before you actaully have to get up to make it there? My board time is 645AM! :scared1:

Fingers crossed everything goes okay tomorrow morning and if there's a problem, United gets it fixed right away for you!!

Safe travels to all you Tinker Bell runners! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your races and all the fun that you are going to have. :tink: Good luck! pixiedust:

After dealing with a canceled flight and re-book fiasco last night and this morning, I *think* we are set to go tomorrow morning. I was unable to do online check-in for the first leg of the new flight, but I do have seat assignments on my confirmation instead of "stand by". Don't really know why our original flight was canceled -- we're on Delta and its not due to the Dreamliner grounding, so who knows :confused3

But hopefully by this time tomorrow, we'll be on our way to LAX! Am so very excited and really just want to put this traveling stress behind me!

Safe travels everyone!

yay...they finally made the change to a 767...but I went from row 23 to 41...WTH??!! Commencing upgrade in 3...2...1... ;)

So glad I'm not cancelled!

Ah but those Odark30 flights get you to the parks before the crowds. :hyper:

Left Portland this morning and the temp was 29 with 62% humidity. Got to Anaheim and the temp was 67. Got up into the 80's with 7% humidity. Loving the sun.

Walked onto everything, got upgraded at the DLH, and got my picture taken with Periwinkle. She gave me extra pixie dust for sunday and told me to fly like Tinker Bell.

I'm ready. :hyper: :banana: :yay: :dance3: Maybe slighly hyper you think?

Everyone stay safe on the way here. Can't wait to meet those who are getting together to eat Friday evening.

indygirl99 said:
Ah but those Odark30 flights get you to the parks before the crowds. :hyper:

Left Portland this morning and the temp was 29 with 62% humidity. Got to Anaheim and the temp was 67. Got up into the 80's with 7% humidity. Loving the sun.

Walked onto everything, got upgraded at the DLH, and got my picture taken with Periwinkle. She gave me extra pixie dust for sunday and told me to fly like Tinker Bell.

I'm ready. :hyper: :banana: :yay: :dance3: Maybe slighly hyper you think?

Everyone stay safe on the way here. Can't wait to meet those who are getting together to eat Friday evening.

Upgraded? Curious... from what to what? View, room size?

To ALL of you running this weekend.... Have a great time!!!! You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

Can't wait to read all about it.

Jeffreelancer said:
I know there are a lot of first time half marathoners on here and I thought I would give same race day tips. I am a head coach in a walking/running group and I give these tips to my team before each of our goal races.

Race Day Reminders and Tips

• Trust in your training
• Eat a solid, but light breakfast at least 60-90 minutes before the race start time
• Don’t try anything new on race day. No new apparel, food or drink during the race.
• Bring water. Don’t depend on the aid stations as your only water source. You should drink 20-26 ounces per hour.
• Bring more nutrition than you expect to need and use it. It will be easy to forget when you are going through the parks. Think about eating between parks so you don't forget.
• Bring electrolyte supplements and use them even if it is cold
• A hat or visor - no cotton please
• Gloves if the morning is cold. You may want to buy some cheap gloves you can toss once you warm up.
• Tech fiber workout clothing – no cotton please. Dress in layers to avoid overheating
• Sunscreen
• Sunglasses
• Trim your toenails two days before the race
• Use the restroom early since long lines will form quickly
• Don’t start the race too fast. Race day excitement can cause you to start too fast and quickly run out of steam. This can happen to anyone and even the most elite runners have experienced it. Learn from the best and keep on plan. Your first mile should be no faster than your normal Long workout pace and you speed up from there.
• If you running, use the course to your advantage. Run every downhill regardless of what interval you are in. Walk with authority on all the uphills.
• There are photographers on the course so Smile!
• Don’t worry about your Garmin or other timing device until after you have passed the photographers at the finish line otherwise those photos will be of you looking at your wrist.
• Thank the volunteers
• Enjoy the experience

Awesome advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter