Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

I FINALLY had one of those fantastic runs...the one where you don't intend to go but a few miles but it feels so good that you keep going? 9.5 miles later.....WOOT!:thumbsup2

On a less enthusiastic note, I went to both the Nike and Lululemon outlets today in search of running tights/pants/whatever and found diddlysquat. Apparently I need to be tall, skinny, and not mind super thin pants to shop there. I need to take a field trip to Title 9 and Rei and find a pair.....

Great job on your run !!!!

On your other note....have you tried Target ?? They have a large selection of Champion pants, different styles to choose from and in different lengths. I'm always looking for pants that are long enough. (I also think being tall is overrated) The selection is pretty good online too.

I FINALLY had one of those fantastic runs...the one where you don't intend to go but a few miles but it feels so good that you keep going? 9.5 miles later.....WOOT!:thumbsup2

On a less enthusiastic note, I went to both the Nike and Lululemon outlets today in search of running tights/pants/whatever and found diddlysquat. Apparently I need to be tall, skinny, and not mind super thin pants to shop there. I need to take a field trip to Title 9 and Rei and find a pair.....

Old Navy has tights and pants as well as other fitness apparel. My wife bought a few pairs of the tights and she really likes them. She wore them for our last long run (18 miles) and she will be wearing this weekend for our 20 miler. She usually gets the expensive brands like Nike and she said she likes the Old Navy ones as much as the expensive ones.

I'll check out Kayak. So far Enterprise has the best deal...if you can call it a deal. :rotfl: We're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort (Thurs-Weds). We've stayed there years ago and thought the pool area would be fun for the little mouseketeer.

I also saw the Candlelight "info" :rotfl: on another site. I don't think they have a clue how this is going to work this year. Did you notice there are no dining options. I'll try and "win" a spot for Monday night but if not we will stand like last year. Now it looks like we're heading down either Friday night or Saturday early morning.

I was looking at that one for WDW, but decided to stick w/ AOA. I was going to try too. If we don't win, do we need to get there early so we can see?

Yay on the run! Haven't had one in a while, but love those!! Have you looked at Athleta? Not sure where all their stores are, but they might have one by you and they're online.

Yay on the run! Haven't had one in a while, but love those!! Have you looked at Athleta? Not sure where all their stores are, but they might have one by you and they're online.

I'm going to second the Athleta suggestion...especially if you are short! I'm all of 5'-0" and have ordered a pair of workout/yoga type pants from them in the petite length and they are perfection...that's like a one-in-a-million thing for a shorty that NEVER happens. :thumbsup2 It's good quality clothing too...they have held up for a few years now being worn in wintertime boot camp classes a couple of times a week. I haven't ordered anything else from them since, but I WANT everything in their catalog...such cute stuff!

I was looking at that one for WDW, but decided to stick w/ AOA. I was going to try too. If we don't win, do we need to get there early so we can see?

Usually yes...there are some people who are there at 8:00 am when the park opens and they "camp out" all day. We usually just "swoop" in front of Showcase or Firehouse about 1 hr before. I've know people who swear by City Hall steps but those go pretty fast. This year will be so different so who knows.

Does anyone know if the discounted tickets through GET include Magic Mornings? I've searched and can't find a straight answer.

Great job on your run !!!!

On your other note....have you tried Target ?? They have a large selection of Champion pants, different styles to choose from and in different lengths. I'm always looking for pants that are long enough. (I also think being tall is overrated) The selection is pretty good online too.

Old Navy has tights and pants as well as other fitness apparel. My wife bought a few pairs of the tights and she really likes them. She wore them for our last long run (18 miles) and she will be wearing this weekend for our 20 miler. She usually gets the expensive brands like Nike and she said she likes the Old Navy ones as much as the expensive ones.

I'm going to second the Athleta suggestion...especially if you are short! I'm all of 5'-0" and have ordered a pair of workout/yoga type pants from them in the petite length and they are perfection...that's like a one-in-a-million thing for a shorty that NEVER happens. :thumbsup2 It's good quality clothing too...they have held up for a few years now being worn in wintertime boot camp classes a couple of times a week. I haven't ordered anything else from them since, but I WANT everything in their catalog...such cute stuff!

I haven't tried Target...It's kind of out of the way, but I'll make a trip this week. I thought about Old Navy this morning when I pulled on yoga pants for my Insanity workout. I like the yoga pants, but they fall down when I run. I think they carry more of a running style...I'll have to try them on next time I'm there.

And Athleta.....oh how I've drooled over the catalog.....My husband once ordered me a shirt from there and it was too long. That tall person thing again. BUT....one opened in Seattle a month or so ago...I sense a field trip in my future....

niclodn said:
Does anyone know if the discounted tickets through GET include Magic Mornings? I've searched and can't find a straight answer.

If you are staying at one of the hotels (grand cali, paradise pier or DL hotel) you should be able to use magic hours you MUST have a hotel key card that's what we were told.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

I've got another idea for you......I just got a mailer from RoadRunner Sports and in the book they showed Run, Walk, Capri and Pants in short (tall also) inseams. Price is lower if you sign up to be a VIP.

Nordstrom also has their "in house" line Zella that has pants in different lenghts. Free shipping and always outstanding return policy if something just doesn't work.

Good luck :)

I've got another idea for you......I just got a mailer from RoadRunner Sports and in the book they showed Run, Walk, Capri and Pants in short (tall also) inseams. Price is lower if you sign up to be a VIP.

Nordstrom also has their "in house" line Zella that has pants in different lenghts. Free shipping and a always a outstanding return policy if something just doesn't work.

Good luck :)

I so already am a road runner VIP! :thumbsup2 See, I need a field trip. Title 9 is located next door to Road Runner. I just need a day where I can drive down there and back....

Good morning! We are about 2 months out! Time to get this party started in here! :cool1:

We have made arrangements for my father in law, so my husband will be making the trip with me. :). Since we'll be there for 5 days and there will now be 1 of us, I am thinking of switching from Stovall's Best Western to a suite at the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. Each place includes breakfast with the rate. The upside to Hampton is that it is larger and we'll have a kitchen. Downside is that it is a bit farther. Anyone have thoughts on either of these?

Also, our plan is to keep our bodies on East Coast time.......

Good morning! We are about 2 months out! Time to get this party started in here! :cool1:

We have made arrangements for my father in law, so my husband will be making the trip with me. :). Since we'll be there for 5 days and there will now be 1 of us, I am thinking of switching from Stovall's Best Western to a suite at the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. Each place includes breakfast with the rate. The upside to Hampton is that it is larger and we'll have a kitchen. Downside is that it is a bit farther. Anyone have thoughts on either of these?

Stovalls is so convenient for the race. Especially an early start race. They also had food out early for the runners. It is however a motel with thin walls.

Personally, I would stay at Stovalls. You can't beat the location for pre/post race. Also staying 5 days...dealing with driving to the park may get old. At least at Stovalls you can walk to DTD and to the parks with out getting in a car, bus or tram.

Sold! Thanks for your input. And of course I meant that there will be 2 of us....that is why I was thinking about getting a larger room. But, I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms at Stovall's and they seem pretty big. So, that is where we will be. :)

Now, what's the countdown?!

Sold! Thanks for your input. And of course I meant that there will be 2 of us....that is why I was thinking about getting a larger room. But, I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms at Stovall's and they seem pretty big. So, that is where we will be. :)

Now, what's the countdown?!

I think you'll be happy with your choice! I've heard good things about Stovall's and I always stay within walking distance. It just makes things easier and you dont waste time driving and parking and such.

I'm super excited! Can't believe we're two months out!!!! Training has been spotty lately thanks to a couple injuries but everything feels good now so time to get ready!!!

Yesterday was my first officiial training run for the Tink. Last week I finished the Galloway Wine and Dine schedule. Yesterday I did a 45 minute workout with hill sets. Tomorrow I will run a local Thanksgiving Day 10k. I will see how I feel Friday about working out.....

The Galloway program I am following for Tink is for time improvement and includes speed work. According to the schedule this weekend is 8 x 800. Since I haven't done speed work like that before, I may just do 2 x 800 but cover the same overall distance.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! I for one am glad I have this race to keep me focused through this holiday season!

RunDisney posted a teaser on FB about an hour ago..."Forget Black"! If you missed out, we've got something coming back at 12 AM ET on Friday for a limited time that will make you want to..." and then a pick of Tink with the caption "Get your Green On"

I'm thinking they are opening up some more spots maybe? I

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter