Official 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Thread

Did they say if it's going on a green shirt like this? I hope so- I hate the white tech shirts princess gives out

The Tinker Bell shirt this year was white too...and I didn't like the fit at all, but the race logo was cute. I think the quality of shirts they are using has gotten really crummy. The 2011 Princess was ok (but white!) as far as the fabirc, as well as a couple of WDW half and DL half shirts that my BF has from a year or two before that, but every other runDisney race I've done since then, the shirt material has seemed really cheap...funny how that happened, but registration prices went up. :sad2:

It didn't mention anything about the color, but I hope it's that color too. I agree about the shirts 100%. On the Tink shirts this year, you could see the rectangle iron on part, it wasn't blended well at all. And the "goody bags"... ugh!! We were talking in 1 of the other theads a couple of months ago, that there really isn't anything there any more. Race weekends I see people w/ the nice Marathon backpacks from '10 or the cloth 1 we got at the 1st Princess. Now, it's just a plastic bag w/ and igoody bag.

Does anyone know if there were pace groups at Tink last year? I am thinking I'd like to find one to run with, or find a fellow Gallowayer with similar pace and intervals.

I don't remember. I know I saw a group coming out of DCA, but I don't remember if it was Tink or DL last year. At least there's a group for 1 of the 2 races. :rotfl2: If no one knows the answer, I can ask at the booth at the expo in a few weeks for you.

Sold out!

I'm a beginning runner and I'm gonna go ahead and train for this anyway. Maybe a spot will open up - if not I'll be ready for something lol

TotalDreamer said:
Sold out!

I'm a beginning runner and I'm gonna go ahead and train for this anyway. Maybe a spot will open up - if not I'll be ready for something lol

There are usually spots still open if you sign up with a charity. Or if my sister backs out you can run as "Nicole". Lol.

I'd love to run it with her but I really don't see her going through with this.

I am out this year but I have to wish you all good luck as the race nears and you get ready, for those runing it for the first time it was a great race. In fact my DM just tried to get in and run it again, she didnt realize it closed so fast.

Hi Everyone - I'm new to both the Disney forums and the Tinker Bell race. This race will be my first ever half marathon, actually first time ever not running by myself in a gym and more than 5 miles. I'm extremely nervous and my goal is just to finish without getting picked up by slow patrol. Unfortunately I couldn't convince any friends or family to run with me. So I'm really excited and grateful for all the tips on this board.

Hi Everyone - I'm new to both the Disney forums and the Tinker Bell race. This race will be my first ever half marathon, actually first time ever not running by myself in a gym and more than 5 miles. I'm extremely nervous and my goal is just to finish without getting picked up by slow patrol. Unfortunately I couldn't convince any friends or family to run with me. So I'm really excited and grateful for all the tips on this board.

Welcome! Get ready to adjust your budget. Once you RunDisney, you're hooked!

Welcome! Get ready to adjust your budget. Once you RunDisney, you're hooked!

Thanks for the welcome! I think you're entirely right on the budgeting, it didn't at first hit me how much this could all cost since luckily I live close to Disneyland. But now I'm contemplating the Princess half to try for the coast to coast and it's a fortune! Well at least if I'm spending all my time training, I won't have time to spend my money shopping for clothes and shoes like I usually do and that can all go to my Disneyworld savings pot. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I think you're entirely right on the budgeting, it didn't at first hit me how much this could all cost since luckily I live close to Disneyland. But now I'm contemplating the Princess half to try for the coast to coast and it's a fortune! Well at least if I'm spending all my time training, I won't have time to spend my money shopping for clothes and shoes like I usually do and that can all go to my Disneyworld savings pot. :)

not so fast...you'll just get addicted to shopping for running clothes and new running shoes...and then Disney-inspired race day outfits...spending $$ for all the fun vendors at the race Expo...it goes on and on! :rotfl2: You're gonna have a blast :thumbsup2

not so fast...you'll just get addicted to shopping for running clothes and new running shoes...and then Disney-inspired race day outfits...spending $$ for all the fun vendors at the race Expo...it goes on and on! :rotfl2: You're gonna have a blast :thumbsup2

So true. But at least I can justify it to myself that all of these items are making my runs more comfortable / supporting my joints, etc. At least that's what I tell myself and my husband. :)

Great pictures by the way, so inspiring! How many races have you run?

So true. But at least I can justify it to myself that all of these items are making my runs more comfortable / supporting my joints, etc. At least that's what I tell myself and my husband. :)

Great pictures by the way, so inspiring! How many races have you run?

Exactly! It's all necessary!

thank you :) Those are all of the Disney runs I've participated in so far starting with the 2011 Princess....well, except for the DL 5k that I did the year before that, but I didn't get that picture...I have no idea why! It was a real last minute thing...I lieterally made plans to meet up and buy the bib from someone in Anaheim (the race had sold out) that same evening a couple of hours before I left for the airport! I've done a few 5 and 10k's locally and have 3 more Disney races on the schedule at the moment...ToT 10 miler, Princess and Tink...no plans to stop yet. I'm tired just from typing all of that :faint:

Exactly! It's all necessary!

thank you :) Those are all of the Disney runs I've participated in so far starting with the 2011 Princess....well, except for the DL 5k that I did the year before that, but I didn't get that picture...I have no idea why! It was a real last minute thing...I lieterally made plans to meet up and buy the bib from someone in Anaheim (the race had sold out) that same evening a couple of hours before I left for the airport! I've done a few 5 and 10k's locally and have 3 more Disney races on the schedule at the moment...ToT 10 miler, Princess and Tink...no plans to stop yet. I'm tired just from typing all of that :faint:

That's amazing!!! Have you always been into running or did you just get started in 2010?

Running is still new for me. I dropped 50 pounds through diet and exercise and now that I've gotten down to a more normal weight have been trying to maintain and stay healthy. While I've gotten comfortable with routine treadmill runs and the elliptical machine, distance running is posing a huge challenge for me. I can't seem to keep my eyes off my watch while I run. I'm not sure I'll ever cross over from using running as an act of weight control into truly enjoying the act of running - but the Tinker Bell run is keeping me motivated and giving me something to look forward too. I'm hoping that the thrill of the event and that shiny medal keep me going for years to come. Thanks for the inspiration!

That's amazing!!! Have you always been into running or did you just get started in 2010?

Running is still new for me. I dropped 50 pounds through diet and exercise and now that I've gotten down to a more normal weight have been trying to maintain and stay healthy. While I've gotten comfortable with routine treadmill runs and the elliptical machine, distance running is posing a huge challenge for me. I can't seem to keep my eyes off my watch while I run. I'm not sure I'll ever cross over from using running as an act of weight control into truly enjoying the act of running - but the Tinker Bell run is keeping me motivated and giving me something to look forward too. I'm hoping that the thrill of the event and that shiny medal keep me going for years to come. Thanks for the inspiration!

I was never a runner! My BF got into it a couple of years before I did...started working out and running with the DL half as his goal. I was at that one and the following year's WDW half with him to cheer him on and the atmosphere was intoxicating! Never in a million years did I think I would EVER even have the slightest urge to try it. I thought he was flat out nuts for doing it. But after being at those 2 events, I just couldn't help it! I asked my trainer if she thought it was something I could do...in 8 months...and that I wouldn't be offended if she laughed at me :rotfl2: She didn't, of course and said if I was willing to make the commitment, she could tell he how to get there. Honestly, I doubted and questioned myself on almost every run until I hit 8 miles for the first time. I don't know what it was about that particular mileage or that run, but that was the first time I knew for sure I was going to cross the finish line. Of course, I never thought I'd put myself through that again...until I crossed that finish line! I was like "when's the next one, where do I sign up??" Disney bling is for sure a great motivator! During my first training period, my trainer and BF told me over and over again, "training is the hardest and scariest part. Race day is a piece of CAKE!" It was hard to believe then, but they were 100% right. Have a plan in place, stick to it and see the training through and you'll have a blast on race day! I swear, I don't even remember feeling winded during my first race...it was a total blur!

Congrats on your weight loss, that's great! Alot of people find that with distance running, it gets hard to lose any weight as your mileage increases. Taking in the right kinds of calories will become vital to keep your body fueled for those runs, so don't let that discourage you if that happens. You might not see the scale move, but you'll notice some reshaping, that's for sure!

I don't know that I'll ever "love" running either...I live in Texas heat, so I pretty much despise it for much of the year...like right now. It's like THE WORST! But, it's an excuse to travel to Disney even more and the races really are just so fun, so I'm sticking to it for now.

Welcome !!!!

I think you will love running the Tinker Bell 1/2. It was the funnest 1/2 I have ever done. Also the only one that I get to wear wings in.

I'm also doing the Princess next year to finally get my C2C.

I agree with Cripey....you will start checking out running clothing and shoes, and all that stuff and the new colors that come out each season and end up spending more time buying running gear then clothes at your favorite department store. ;)

Hey! How did we fall to the second page?!? How's everyone's training going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter