Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

WOW. Vitamin C, booze, a buzz and hydration all in 1 place!! :laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Why have I not thought of this before! :confused3 I can't wait to tell DH I need him to mix me one before my long run next weekend... mimosa's are not only delicious but beneficial to my training, too.

Yumm, I like your style:love:

Um can I run with you? lol

just think of mimosa's as all fruit juice....just some of it has been fermented and is fuzzy !:banana: I also think having "juice" along the way takes away the muscle pain etc during the 13.1 race....yup...my goal is just to finish this race as it is my last half...have fun I say !

And everyone can run with me...well... My running is more like Forrest Gump style ...run Forrest run !:cool1:

:cool1: The official race program and the courses for all three races are finally on RD's website!!!!!

For those of you running both the 5k and 10k, the start and finish lines are the same for both.

:cool1: The official race program and the courses for all three races are finally on RD's website!!!!!

For those of you running both the 5k and 10k, the start and finish lines are the same for both.

No corral breakdown listed in the program. Does that usually come out with the final race instructions? I was thinking it was in the program last year, or maybe for Tink last year.

Here are my costumes-
For the 10k:

For the half:

I wore a version of the Belle costume for PHM so I know it will be good (actually should be better since I have made the arm bands smaller). The Ariel costume I have not worn in a race but I have worn the pieces separately and since it is only 6 miles I am not too worried about carrying Sebastian:goodvibes. I am also going to put red chalk in my hair for the full effect:cloud9:. I wanted shells, but I haven't found anything that will work yet. I have a month so I haven't given up!

No corral breakdown listed in the program. Does that usually come out with the final race instructions? I was thinking it was in the program last year, or maybe for Tink last year.

I love your costumes! The Ariel tank is perfect colors and it looks so comfy! I still have not finalized mine yet. I'm think Alice for the 10k and a Dumbo tank for Sunday. I'm always so last minute when it comes to the fun part.

I thought corrals were in the official program for WDW half and PhM but I coud be wrong. I wish they would release them already!

I'm number 22446. Still have to decide on outfits. Tink for one of the races. Not sure for the other. I woud love to splurge on another sparkle skirt, but not sure what to do. Hmmm. Maybe pickup something at the expo. Anyone know if Raw Threads will be there?

That sounds good to me, maybe Saturday at 4pm? Think we generally get a bigger gaggle on Sat vs Fri because some people fly in late for the half. If we get enough people who think that time/place will work I'll throw it in the top post.

If anyone else has better ideas throw them out there! :cool1:

4 on Saturday is good for me too. :thumbsup2

:ssst: I'm doing C2C as well and I plan to wear 'em all on Sunday. :dumbo:If they get to be too heavy, I'll make DH put one or 2 on :blush: I won't wear them when I get home so I am going to be sure to I get some good use out those bad boys! :crazy2:

I plan on wearing the 10k medal to the park on Saturday, but I think I'm going to leave it in the room after the half. I'll ask my cheer squad to carry it to the finish line and try to take the finisher photo with it... DH is running DDD and will also receive is C2C.... I won't be able to have him put them on...

This isn't a C2C race for me and multi medals are heavy so I'm planning to wear DDD.
I'll definitely wear the Dumbo, most likely the C2C.... It's the DLH medal I'm wondering about.... It would be so really heavy, yet.... It's my first DLH and I would still like to wear the medal..... Maybe I'll have to do Dumbo and C2C in the AM and DLH for the evening??? Life sometimes can get so complicated....:rotfl::rotfl:

I'm number 22446. Still have to decide on outfits. Tink for one of the races. Not sure for the other. I woud love to splurge on another sparkle skirt, but not sure what to do. Hmmm. Maybe pickup something at the expo. Anyone know if Raw Threads will be there?

Raw threads will be there and I just got an email that said you can order online and pick it up at the expo.

If I remember right it was in the final race instruction for PHM. They also had the breakdown on the website.

Bib number 24222!!!!

Planning to wear my DDD medal and one of my shirts after the race. More than one medal would be too heavy for me.

I'm number 22262!

For reference, my POT was a 2:24 half. I'm hoping I'll be in Corral B, but we shall see!

As for medals, I'll try to wear all 3 on Sunday, and when they get too heavy, probably switch to just Dumbo.

Yay! I'm so excited! I'll try to make it to the meet up, too, it'll just depend if I go offsite that day or not.

We're 22886 (me) and 22885 (my friend) I forgot what time we put as our estimate, but our proof was a 10k of 1:08:20

24008 and 23995. A little confused how they'll be doing the corals this year. Our expected finish is 2:30. Can't wait!

Do the companies at the expo offer promotions or discounts? Trying to decide whether I should wait for the expo for a few things or just get them now.

I'm number 22262!

For reference, my POT was a 2:24 half. I'm hoping I'll be in Corral B, but we shall see!

I'm just a few off from you- 22269. My proof of time was a 2:23 half, so I guess the numbers aren't perfectly in order based on proof of time?

Either way, if we get into corral B, I would be thrilled! :)

I'm coming to DL from New Zealand to do the 1/2.
Can anyone give me an idea of how hot it will be at say 7.30-8am? It is winter here so I'm a bit worried that the heat is going to be a problem for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter