Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Any suggestions for best place to eat the night before the race? :confused3 I'd prefer to not have to get in a car since we'll be onsite. I'm not used to racecations so eating the night before has me a little concerned.

Starting to feel real here, I had an amazing 10 mile run on Sunday despite the high humidity (it is always about 95% now). I did the 10 miles in 8:38 min/mile and felt strong at the end. Had been feeling so blah about my runs lately and very worried that I was not going to be in good shape so I am feeling so much better:).
Two months and we will be on a plane to LA!!! Woo Hoo! I have so much more to plan and time is ticking down but I am so excited:).

Nice run!! Can I borrow your legs for a race sometime? :goodvibes

Any suggestions for best place to eat the night before the race? :confused3 I'd prefer to not have to get in a car since we'll be onsite. I'm not used to racecations so eating the night before has me a little concerned.

Around the resorts, there is Tony Roma's and Mimi's Cafe on Harbor, Marri's (italian) on the opposite side of the resort down Katella, there is the Garden Walk that has different restaurants (it's down Disney Way where we run at the end of the race). Someone previously mentioned Bucca, but not 100% where that one is. Goofy's Steakhouse in DLH is good; had the chicken there before a race 1 year. In DTD, there is ESPN Zone, it will be busy, but they do offer take out. They have a good variety and you can also get a baked potato as your side. Also, there is Tortilla Joe's (mexican) House of Blues, Ralph Brennan's (creole/cajun) Uva Bar/Catal Restaurant and Naples Restaurant (italian). If you plan on going there though, either get there early or make reservations, b/c it will be crazy busy early on w/ runners.

Nice run!! Can I borrow your legs for a race sometime? :goodvibes

Around the resorts, there is Tony Roma's and Mimi's Cafe on Harbor, Marri's (italian) on the opposite side of the resort down Katella, there is the Garden Walk that has different restaurants (it's down Disney Way where we run at the end of the race). Someone previously mentioned Bucca, but not 100% where that one is. Goofy's Steakhouse in DLH is good; had the chicken there before a race 1 year. In DTD, there is ESPN Zone, it will be busy, but they do offer take out. They have a good variety and you can also get a baked potato as your side. Also, there is Tortilla Joe's (mexican) House of Blues, Ralph Brennan's (creole/cajun) Uva Bar/Catal Restaurant and Naples Restaurant (italian). If you plan on going there though, either get there early or make reservations, b/c it will be crazy busy early on w/ runners.

Thanks! I like the steakhouse idea...mostly because my hubby and son will give me less grief. Didn't realize ESPN had take out..not a bad idea either. Thank you.

Has anyone received any emails from RunDisney about the race? The website says that you will get emails starting 3 months from the date of the race. Its hard to believe but we are two months away. I have my race confirmations but am starting to get nervous that I haven't received anything.

Has anyone received any emails from RunDisney about the race? The website says that you will get emails starting 3 months from the date of the race. Its hard to believe but we are two months away. I have my race confirmations but am starting to get nervous that I haven't received anything.

There was one sent out in mid-May just letting you know about buying park tickets, pasta in the park, training tips and changing proof of time. Nothing super important. Next time I get one, I'll post it here. :)

Can you believe we are 2 months from the races?!? Wow!
Had another good run. No speed this week - just distance. Did 13 and feel tired and hungry but otherwise good. Toes are a little sore so I think I need to be better about keeping my nails short - I tend to get lazy. TMI -sorry. Now I just need to keep up the enthusiasm for 7 more weeks in this heat without burning out! Literally and figuratively! Lol
Have a great weekend all!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If any ladies are interested, got an email from Raw Threads today w/ their new DDD shirt & Tank. They're red and say Fly on the front w/ a black feather and 19.3 on the back. They also have it in black as a pullover and a gray running skirt that has a baby dumbo stitched on the bottom. Really cute.

If any ladies are interested, got an email from Raw Threads today w/ their new DDD shirt & Tank. They're red and say Fly on the front w/ a black feather and 19.3 on the back. They also have it in black as a pullover and a gray running skirt that has a baby dumbo stitched on the bottom. Really cute.

Very cute! I am tempted by the tank - has anyone purchased from them before? Thoughts...? I can't find any with written reviews. :/

OMG! I want! I'm not having any luck finding something for DDD that I like but I think I need this. How do they usually fit? Not sure what size I'd get. I like my running gear a little loose.

OMG! I want! I'm not having any luck finding something for DDD that I like but I think I need this. How do they usually fit? Not sure what size I'd get. I like my running gear a little loose.

These are all too cute, oh no!!!

How do they compare for sizing.....anyone who has ordered. Are they like a certain brand? I would have a hard time ordering without trying on.

How do they compare for sizing.....anyone who has ordered. Are they like a certain brand? I would have a hard time ordering without trying on.

I can't speak for the tops, but I have a skirt and it is so comfortable! I'm planning to buy another at the expo, if not sooner. :)

LOVE those! Wish I was doing the DDD for that shirt! Etsy has some good 10K designed ones.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fitplusfea...hip_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ref=sr_gallery_1

Those are adorable!

Very cute! I am tempted by the tank - has anyone purchased from them before? Thoughts...? I can't find any with written reviews. :/

Sizewise, they're pretty true to size. I usually wear an XL in that cut/style and an XL fits fine. They're really soft too, I think they're all made w/ some type of bamboo. And they work great running wise too, I wore my Hook one for Tink and didn't have any problems w/ it.

So I got totally obsessed with finding a costume today. Found an adorable Alice one on Etsy but :scared: the price! For something I'll wear once?? DH says I should wear it again to W&D in the fall but it's like the Oscars. I can't wear the same thing twice!

Also thought about going with a blue tank, blue shorts, and figure out something for an apron. DH says I'd be crazy to wear a cotton layer on the outside of wicking material. Opinions?

I'm so not crafty so I can use all the help I can get!

So I got totally obsessed with finding a costume today. Found an adorable Alice one on Etsy but :scared: the price! For something I'll wear once?? DH says I should wear it again to W&D in the fall but it's like the Oscars. I can't wear the same thing twice!

Also thought about going with a blue tank, blue shorts, and figure out something for an apron. DH says I'd be crazy to wear a cotton layer on the outside of wicking material. Opinions?

Check out a fabric store- they should have something like tech fabric or at least something breathable aside from cotton that you could use for an apron. It won't take much sewing as the fabric shouldn't fray on the edges. Just tack down the corners and sides a bit and you should be good to go. :)

If anyone is flying out Sun after the race on SWA, flights that day are 30% off. You have to book it w/ a RT and use $ not points, but still a good offer.

I wouldn't worry too much about cotton over the top as long as it is very thin. I would also for sure do a skirt, it IS Alice;).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter