*Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Runners' Thread!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second, in additional to tracking shoe mileage, I would keep a training log. I didn't start doing this until I got my Garmin last April, so I'm missing almost a years worth of data as a walker. There are plenty of good websites and software you can use that are free. A notebook would also work fine. It's good to be able to look back and see where you came from.

Thank you, and Charles, for the good advice. I'm not really expecting much out of this (time wise) -- really my goal is to get myself running again and to make it fun, not a chore. It's intimidating to get back out there after having 3 kids so closely together, especially knowing what I used to be able to do.

Any suggestions for a shoe tracker? I also see people on Facebook use some sort of tracker. Is this the kind of website I should be looking for? I see people use a Nike one. Is that a shoe thing or a website? Any particular one that you like to use?

One last question, for now :) I have a pair of running shoes that I love. They are about a year old but I only use them for running/working out. They are a Nike Air Max, and the tread is really good, the air is still intact. Do you think it will be necessary for me to get a new pair before I put in the 13.2 in Feb 2012? Or can I train and use the same ones (do you think they will last? I'd hate to have to buy a new pair right before the race and not be comfortable in them.

kind of off topic - but do you guys think the fantasyland renovations will be done in time for the marathon in 2013?

I really do want to run this marathon...but trips for disney races are so expensive, I kind of want to hold off until the renovations are all set (if I can contain myself ha) since I know I'll want to go as soon as those are finished, anyways

I ran a 5k this am! My official time was 34:05. Not bad, worse than the last time I ran though!
My mom won 2nd in her age group and beat her personal best time at 37:00! She did great.

kind of off topic - but do you guys think the fantasyland renovations will be done in time for the marathon in 2013?

I really do want to run this marathon...but trips for disney races are so expensive, I kind of want to hold off until the renovations are all set (if I can contain myself ha) since I know I'll want to go as soon as those are finished, anyways

I really dOn't know! I hope someone has an answer for us.

Is the 2013 marathon really the 20th anniversary of that race? If so, then I'll probably want to run that one too, especially if Disney has a special medal - love the medals - and has other fun 20th anniversary things. Maybe I'll try the Goofy in 2013 since I'm planning on trying the Disney Marathon (my first marathon) in 2012.

Not too early to plan!!!

Is the 2013 marathon really the 20th anniversary of that race? If so, then I'll probably want to run that one too, especially if Disney has a special medal - love the medals - and has other fun 20th anniversary things. Maybe I'll try the Goofy in 2013 since I'm planning on trying the Disney Marathon (my first marathon) in 2012.

Not too early to plan!!!

I don't know! That would be great if it is! :cool1:

Beginner runner here. I am sooo happy to find this thread because I had my mind set on the 2013 marathon for a long time. My first 5k will be in less than a month, a couple of 10k towards the end of the year. I just signed up for the Disneyland Tinkerbell 1/2 last night :banana:so I have to really bump up my training:cool1: You guys are so inspiring here.
May

Beginner runner here. I am sooo happy to find this thread because I had my mind set on the 2013 marathon for a long time. My first 5k will be in less than a month, a couple of 10k towards the end of the year. I just signed up for the Disneyland Tinkerbell 1/2 last night :banana:so I have to really bump up my training:cool1: You guys are so inspiring here.
May

Your first 5k! :cool1:

Welcome aboard! My first Disney run will be the Food & Wine / Wine & Dine.. What is this race called?? lol NEXT September! SOO excited!

I ran in a race this past Saturday, called the Vesuvius Challenge. It's a tough course, 4 miles long, 1.5 mile uphill.. I ran 43:43 and placed 2nd in my age division! :dance3::cool1::banana:

I ran in a race this past Saturday, called the Vesuvius Challenge. It's a tough course, 4 miles long, 1.5 mile uphill.. I ran 43:43 and placed 2nd in my age division! :dance3::cool1::banana:

Congratulations. Hopefully the race gave out age group awards. Getting that first award feels really good.

Thanks everyone!

How is everyone doing? I haven't been able to run for two weeks now, my foot is still hurting.. they don't want to Xray it because I'm pregnant, but I'm pretty sure it's fractured. So I am just staying off of it... which sucks because I really want to run but I also want my foot to heal. SO....

It seems like my running days are over until after this baby is born.. which will be October! I hope I can get back to training after Christmas, that seems SOOO far away!!

tentatively thinking that WDW 2013 will be my first as well. I want to get one in before I turn 40, and this will do the trick (with about 10 days to spare) :lmao:

re: GU shots, man did I come to the party late on this one. Do NOT ignore Charles' fantastic advice on this. I tried to power through four half marathons with no sustenance at all, no water, no GU shots, no nothing. And couldn't figure out why I kept bonking at, oh, the one hour mark. every time. Finally got on the ball and did my GU shots every 45 minutes and drank water as needed and the Malibu 22k Trail Race (featuring an oh so lovely 2000 foot elevation increase from miles 2 - 6, after which you only have a mere 8 miles to go!) was a whole lot more manageable. What an difference it made.

Hi!
Just wanted to join in with my plans. I'm hoping -- no, I'm going to do my first (and likely only) Goofy in 2013!!! Just recovering from knee surgery right now, so I should be good by then!

tentatively thinking that WDW 2013 will be my first as well. I want to get one in before I turn 40, and this will do the trick (with about 10 days to spare) :lmao:

That's a great goal to set for yourself! :cool1:

Hi!
Just wanted to join in with my plans. I'm hoping -- no, I'm going to do my first (and likely only) Goofy in 2013!!! Just recovering from knee surgery right now, so I should be good by then!

You are brave!! Good luck recovering from your knee surgery! My DH has had several, his knee still bothers him a lot..

Hi,
I'd like to run the 2013 marathon! I live in Cornwall in the UK. I've always been sporty but hated running...however have lost 2 stone for my wedding in Sep 2011 and I've really got into it. AT the mo, I can run 4.5 miles in 40 minutes (if I push myself)...I didn't even know WDW had a marathon until a few weeks ago. My fiance and I were on holiday there a fe wyears ago and I sent him a jokey messaging suggesting we should do it...as a joke! Then as soon as I sent the message, I knew I just had to do it! Our parents have both ppedged to ocme out and support us and I REALLY want to do this.

When do I need to start planning the logistics do you think? I.e booking accommodation, flights and actual places in the marathon?

Also any tips on training plans from now on in? I can't seem to push past the 40 minute run without feeling awful! Does it get easier?

Cornishbride x

I'm doing my first 5k Monday morning! My 5 yo son is doing the 2k as he wanted to run like Mommy :) As I said before, this is my first race ever, with my sights set on the Princess Half in 2012. I did 5k in 28:30 yesterday which is good for me since I've been more inactive than ever these last 5 years having 3 babies! So I guess I'll do one more run before Sunday now. I'm getting addicted to running again! It feels so good!

Not too early to plan!!!

Yes 2013 is the 20th Mickey

2012 is the 15th Donald

2015 will be Goofy Ten

Hi again,
Does anyone know when registration for 2013 will open? How quick does it fill up?

Fitness improving. Did 12.5 km the other day in 1hr 11mins

Can't wait to do the mararthon at WDW

x:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter