Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10K is tomorrow :goodvibes I got the D-tag on my shoe last night and pinned my bib on my running shirt. It's suppose to be windy tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a tail wind.

My 10K is tomorrow :goodvibes I got the D-tag on my shoe last night and pinned my bib on my running shirt. It's suppose to be windy tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a tail wind.

Good luck!,:thumbsup2 My 10k is next Saturday. I'm going to do my last short run Tuesday then take the rest of the week off. In my training for the Princess I am suppose to do 9m next Saturday -since I'm doing the 10k should I do 3 more later that day or Sunday to get in the 9 or just replace the 9 with the race?:confused:

Wishing everyone :wizard: on their runs and races this weekend! Stay warm it is suppose to be in the 30's tomorrow- I really thought I lived in Fl go figure:rotfl2:

Oh, I wish I had known about the 10k in Wakefield sooner - I live very close to Wakefield. I already have a hair appointment scheduled for Saturday morning, and I need to book at least 8 weeks out to get in, so I can't move it!!

I'm doing the Earn your Turkey Trot 5k at the lake in Wakefield on Thanksgiving day. I'm also thinking about doing the Assault on Mt. Hood in Melrose on December 10th - looks challenging! My sister has done the Jingle Bell 5k several times and said it's really fun. I'm in Germany for work at that time so I can't do that one!

I live close to Wakefield too.. which is why I figure I'll give this race a try. And its only $20 which works for me! I did the Tufts 10k for Women and it took me 70 minutes..Hopefully I improve on that tomorrow!

I didn't know about the Wakefield turkey Trot. We've done the Feaster Five in Andover the past couple years.Nice but 10,000 people plus dogs and strollers can get a little crazy! Not to mention it starts with a really BIG hill haha We do the jingle 5k through the north shore YMCA 5k series. Is that the one you mean?

I live close to Wakefield too.. which is why I figure I'll give this race a try. And its only $20 which works for me! I did the Tufts 10k for Women and it took me 70 minutes..Hopefully I improve on that tomorrow!

I didn't know about the Wakefield turkey Trot. We've done the Feaster Five in Andover the past couple years.Nice but 10,000 people plus dogs and strollers can get a little crazy! Not to mention it starts with a really BIG hill haha We do the jingle 5k through the north shore YMCA 5k series. Is that the one you mean?

You should try the Wakefield Turkey Trot this year - way less than 10,000 people, no strollers, and no hills! Even my non-running husband does this one with me!

The Jingle Bell 5k I was talking about is this one http://baevents.com/jinglebell/ in Somerville.

Have you ever heard of the Assault on Mt. Hood in Melrose? I want to do it, but it seems very challenging - all hills!

I did my long run today at the treadmill because the snowstorm destroyed my community and everything is still a mess. Ran 5 miles with intervals 1/1 and I think I did good. I finished the 5 miles in 1:14:20. I cant believe we are sooo close to the race.

Silly question, but how do you set the treadmill to intervals? I've used the treadmill twice for training and was really bummed after my walk/runs since there is no control over the pace and it seems to do all the work for me.

Silly question, but how do you set the treadmill to intervals? I've used the treadmill twice for training and was really bummed after my walk/runs since there is no control over the pace and it seems to do all the work for me.

I can't program my treadmill, I just watch the clock. You get good at guessing time! I personally have been doing 3:2 (running:walking) on my 30 minute sessions, and that's super easy to keep track of: warmup until 5 minutes, run to 8, walk to 10, run to 13, walk to 15... etc.

I have also done 2:1 and 5:2. Just depends on what you want. Couch25k will say the intervals for you as well, if you have that program.

Totally stocked about the Boardwalk being added as a host hotel - makes sense with the location. Tomorrow is the Richmond Half - ready or not. Came down with a head cold Wednesday which has thrown off any running at the end of this week. Relying on rest and fluids to keep me in the game for tomorrow. No time goal, just want to run the whole thing.....will report back tomorrow!

Good Luck to everyone for all their runs/races their doing this weekend!!! I'm just trying to stay warm here :( It's was in the high 50's this a.m. and still wondering how I'm gonna stay warm for the princess, LOL! I have a 3 miler for tomm so I'll probably be doing that at NOON for the sun ;) Have a great weekend everyone!

For those who have the iFitnees belt, can you adjust where the bottles are on the belt. I was looking at them online, and they look like I would want them more on the side.

The hydration belts you can not because the pouch and holders for the water bottles are all one piece.
If you buy one of the regular belts and the "add on" hydration bottles then you just slide them on the belt and can put them where ever you want.

I haven't heard of ifitness belt but did hear about the amphipod with the bottles going in the back and thought this might be more comfortable. Not sure, now I have 2 to decide from!
I have heard of the amphipod belts too, but I was concerned but putting the water bottle back when I have to do it blind, behind my back. But I am if I were to have bought one I would have gotten use to it eventually.

Good Luck to everyone on their races this weekend! I'm running a training run half tomorrow. It's the same event that I ran my first half at last year, except they changed the location, so it's a new course. I'm glad it will be nicer weather this year, it was frigid last year!

Just to clarify for anyone wondering: Gear check does not involve checking to see if you have on matching socks, and that your outfit doesn't clash. It's simply a place to check the gear you don't want to carry during the race.

My dad called because he's running the 10k at the race I'm running in the morning; he was concerned about the gear check listed on the website and wanted to know what they would be checking for...:rotfl: At least he called me and didn't email the race director, I'm sure the office would have had a good laugh about that one.

I haven't heard of ifitness belt but did hear about the amphipod with the bottles going in the back and thought this might be more comfortable. Not sure, now I have 2 to decide from!

I saw the amphipod on RoadRunnerSports . com. They have a store not too far from here. I'll have to take a ride up there one day and check it out. Does anyone know if the ifitness belts are sold in stores or just on line?

My first 10k is tomorrow too!! Super nervous since I train only on the treadmill, but I'm hoping to get a time around 1:30! Good luck to everyone!

You should try the Wakefield Turkey Trot this year - way less than 10,000 people, no strollers, and no hills! Even my non-running husband does this one with me!

The Jingle Bell 5k I was talking about is this one

Have you ever heard of the Assault on Mt. Hood in Melrose? I want to do it, but it seems very challenging - all hills!

Not sure I'm ready for ALL hills yet! I'll check it out though. My hubby daughter and boyfriend do the Feaster Five with me and want to do the 5 mile.. Looks like we will be back in Andover battling the crowds this thanksgiving lol

My first 10k is tomorrow too!! Super nervous since I train only on the treadmill, but I'm hoping to get a time around 1:30! Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to all this weekend.....

Note, in case you check this out in the morning or later tonight. You WILL go faster tomorrow than you have traditionally run. One on the negatives of TM training is that you lose real world pace recognition. Keep an eye on pacing for the first mile or so.

Have a GREAT time

Good luck to all this weekend.....

Note, in case you check this out in the morning or later tonight. You WILL go faster tomorrow than you have traditionally run. One on the negatives of TM training is that you lose real world pace recognition. Keep an eye on pacing for the first mile or so.

Have a GREAT time

Thanks for the advice Coach! I've had some of those faster challenges, since setting a pace on the treadmill is essentially thoughtless. The last time I ran outside I seemed to find a natural pace close to my treadmill time, so I'm hoping to find that rhythm!

The Jingle Bell 5k I was talking about is this one http://baevents.com/jinglebell/ in Somerville.

I'm doing that Jinglebell 5k too! There are so many Jingle bell runs - the BAA does one too. Several of my staff are doing the BAA run with some of their friends; they are going dressed as reindeer!

Hi everyone! It's been a bit since I have been on the boards, but I wanted to give a head's up to anyone else here that may be training to walk the Princess. There is another thread on the disboards you might want to check out all about walking, so just thought I'd pass along the info! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2808831

Also, if anyone else is walking and wants to form a mini-support group, send me a PM. I am not sure about you all, but less than 4 months away feels like crunch time and I could use all the encouragement I can get! :grouphug:

The Richmond Half is officially in the books - 2:45 (and that's with a head cold and bathroom stop!). Princess, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter