Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Princesses! Ran 8 miles this morning in 82 minutes - so 10:15 pace! As I add miles, my pace seems to stay the same - yippee!

Glad to see the progress everyone is making thus far!

bmb3, this gives me hope, I have noticed that after 3 miles I don't hurt much anymore and feel great/good so I have great hope for adding mile 5 next Sunday morning.

Pj

Princesses - I have GREAT news!!! I GOT THE NEW JOB!!!!! :woohoo:

Which means.... I CAN DEFINATELY DO THE PRINCESS!!!!!!! princess:

This weekend my family and I will start making our trip plans!! I am so happy now this dream is becoming a reality!!!

YAY!!! :yay:

bmb3, this gives me hope, I have noticed that after 3 miles I don't hurt much anymore and feel great/good so I have great hope for adding mile 5 next Sunday morning.

Pj

You can do it! I highly recommend taking an ice bath (or at least cold water bath) after your run. It has really helped my leg muscles not be extremely sore after the longer runs :)

This weekend my family and I will start making our trip plans!! I am so happy now this dream is becoming a reality!!!

Congrat on the new job! That's awesome. Glad you can join the rest of us princesses in Feb!

I am finally breaking down and getting an iphone next week (PJ shhh, don't tell John!) but, I have been using micoach from addidas to train and it has all my info stored...does anyone know if that is available on the iphone? Also, has anyone found a great hydration type belt and/or phone arm strap that they love (and are reasonably priced)? I am on the hunt....my long runs don't work so well without water any more.

I am slowly getting up there, but have stalled around 4-5 miles due to my knee problems. I just hit my deductible, so I am going to ask my ortho to give me a synvisc shot with some steroids and hope it lasts through the princess. I have the stamina to run more, but fear I wouldn't be walking the next day :confused3

everyone seems to be doing great.....always nice to see people's dedication!

I am hunting for a great arm band too, really haven't seen many, but I do have a link for a site (at home) for a brand that is sold at the RunDisney Expos, will share when I get home. http://www.armpocket.com/ I also like this one, http://www.ifitnessinc.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=11, I think that one of their belts would be a goal fit item for me.

I am looking at a timex watch with interval training options and using my nano, which I do have an arm band for.

CONGRATS!!!!!!! Happy planning!

Very happy for you.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

A friend of mine won a drawing for a free pair of shoes at a running store - and she is giving them to me!! Yahoo!! (What a friend, huh?) Anyway, I am meeting her at the running store this afternoon (Fleet Feet) for an evaluation, sizing, etc, to pick them out. Any advice??

What shoes did you end up getting at Fleet Feet???

That is GREAT NEWS! I've been wondering how you made out! Way to go!!!!

Hello Princesses! Ran 8 miles this morning in 82 minutes - so 10:15 pace! As I add miles, my pace seems to stay the same - yippee!

Glad to see the progress everyone is making thus far!

Great Pace!

Congrats so so very happy for you :yay:

Congrats on getting the job!

What shoes did you end up getting at Fleet Feet???

Brooks (Trance 10). They are really nice, and I think they are going to work great! I am so grateful for this blessing - there's no way I would have been able to pay that much for shoes! Did my first run in them yesterday. I also bought some Superfeet inserts, but I'm not convinced I want to keep using them. Thanks for asking!

Just made my reservation last week for Kidani...!
So I am about to lost my toenail again! UGH! Its from my Napa half last month....I lost 3 cause I didnt have the correct shoes last year after W & D! I was finally sporting a nice pedicure too! :(

Good Morning Ladies!!

I have been ghosting this forum for about a week and thought it was high time I actually said something. My friend and I have signed up for the Princess 1/2 and were training together until about 4 weeks ago when we were on our 6 miler and I ended up in crazy pain. Wouldnt you know its tendonitius in my foot/ankle. I have been having accupuncture and seeking other forms of cardio. I was told that I can not run this race, but if I wanted to train to walk it then I could be ready. Im crazy excited! :yay:
I love reading what everyone has to say ... You are all an inspiration!

Just signed up for a 10K in November. By that time the weather should be much better in North Texas and hopefully I'll get a good time for corral placement. Now I have something to look forward that is significantly closer on the calendar.

I am looking at a 10k in November too, just two weeks after returning from vacation, eek! It should be quite cool here by then, any tips for cool weather running, say in the range of 40-55 degrees?

Pj

I am looking at a 10k in November too, just two weeks after returning from vacation, eek! It should be quite cool here by then, any tips for cool weather running, say in the range of 40-55 degrees?

Pj

That's just about perfect temperatures for running! Rule of thumb is dress as if the temps were 15-20 degrees warmer than the actual temp, especially for a race, to accommodate the rise in your core body temperature. Arm sleeve thingies (don't know the actual name for them) are great because as you warm up you can push the sleeves down around your wrist. Good luck!

Just signed up for a 10K in November. By that time the weather should be much better in North Texas and hopefully I'll get a good time for corral placement. Now I have something to look forward that is significantly closer on the calendar.

Pj

Yeah I'm planning on doing our local "Turkey Trot" which is a 10K on Thanksgiving Day. They won't open our registration til about a month out from it, but that is my plan!! I hope to get a good time this weekend, and if not I can always improve on it in November :goodvibes

Good Morning Ladies!!

I have been ghosting this forum for about a week and thought it was high time I actually said something. My friend and I have signed up for the Princess 1/2 and were training together until about 4 weeks ago when we were on our 6 miler and I ended up in crazy pain. Wouldnt you know its tendonitius in my foot/ankle. I have been having accupuncture and seeking other forms of cardio. I was told that I can not run this race, but if I wanted to train to walk it then I could be ready. Im crazy excited! :yay:
I love reading what everyone has to say ... You are all an inspiration!

Welcome!!!!! :yay: Good luck with your tendonitis!! You should be fine walking, I've read about a lot of ladies who walk the entire thing and do great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter