Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM, from reading the RunDisney page, nope. Only 10k+ times can be used.

Pj

Long run done, and I will call it a run since I actually run in sections right to the last km!

59:56, 6.39km (3.97m), 9:22/km (15:05/mile) I would love to be able to get to a 14:00 pace for a 10k, so I am on my way!

I also realized my route is basically an uphill for all but 1km, lol. I should try it the other way some Sunday. Best moment was passing the running club that goes the downhill direction further up the route then last week!

Pj

Great job!! Keep it up!!

dawn8179...what is that in your avatar?? t looks like a yummy treat that my sweet tooth would crave!

It is a rice krispy mickey dipped in choclate with sprinkles and a white choclate drizzle. They are located at Goofy's candy company in Downtown Disney. They used to be included on the dining plan as a snack but now are not and have to be paid for oop. Probably a good thing, because I'm sure they do not help my desire to lose weight.

Hey princesses....excited I got my run in today....I have been the queen of excuses lately. I slept in and just went to the gym so had someone to watch the little princess. Don't love being inside but do love how I can manipulate the pace on those treadmills. My goal this week is 3 runs....MIL was in town last week and we went to Chattanooga TN which was a blast. At least the one day I was going to run at the hotel....but slept in, we walked a TON. Let me tell you I kept pushing for the scenic river boat ride after Rock City, but we ended up walking the Aquarium and around the town. So hey, 2 runs and one day of site seeing could be worse.......though man I had a great steak salad that had fresh cut fries on it....yeah, bad princess. Ice cream for dinner one night too.....vacation eating...not good.

Last year I made it a priortiy to get my 3 runs in every week and this week, its going to happen again!

Still trying to figure out where to stay - holding out for an AP discount or my family discount at the Swan....right now nothing.

Happy Sunday!

Looks like everybody's had good runs this weekend.

My foot is already feeling better, no flashes of fire or anything. The doc also has me taking Vimovo, I tried OTC anti-inflammatories and they didn't help.

MM, from reading the RunDisney page, nope. Only 10k+ times can be used.

Pj

From the Run Disney website:
Proof of Time

If you do not provide proof of time at the point of registration or acquire it after you have registered, then email this information to disneysports@trackshack.com before December 1, 2011. After December 1, 2011, you will need to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth at Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo if you wish to have your start corral placement changed. If you listed a race result as proof of time when registering online, then you do not have to do anything further.

I have signed up for a whole bunch of 5 and 10ks as well as the Whitby 10miler in November. All my friends are running in the Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 marathon but I want to run my first 1/2 in Disney, so Tinkerbell 1/2 will be my first one :banana:
I love running with my Running Room group. The 1/2 marathon group is almost all women, figure that, and we just talk the whole time while we run.
Have fun doing the Island Girl run and have fun at the cruise. I'll be on the Dream in December, will definitely try the Castaway 5k as well.

The deadline to submit is December 1, 2011 via email or in person at the expo.
May

Oh boy! After a week at WDW and driving between EPCOT and MK, I'm starting to wonder what I've gotten myself into! Good thing time is on my side!

At this point, I can offer some advice on where you stay-if you go cheap, plan for a mildew stinky room (will that affect your sinuses, upper respiratory, etc), an uncomfortable bed (bad night's sleep), and poor shower. Last thing you want is to have had no rest, not feeling in tip-top shape, etc. Take care of yourself!

We started last week's vacation at a "Good Neighbor resort" and had reservations at another resort after being in our room for only 15 minutes! I swore I heard the pitter patter of little rodent feet during the night (and it wasn't Mickey)! Glad to gget out of there. I ddo not recommend staying there--next to Old Town.

I keep looking at the map and remembering the MK to Epcot Drive and thinking the same, lol.

Pj

I read on another Dis Princess group - on FB that the theme of the 5k is.....

Rapunzel

No surprise there. They had that advertised at the chicago RNR marathon I think this weekend at the RunDisney booth is what I read.

Just add one at a time.....by the time u get to ur first double digit u will know the Princess is doable (is that even a word?)!! Its an awesome feeling of accomplishment just to hit 12 and know u won't get swept!!!

I did do last years but is crazy how quick you or shall I say I forgot how far it is. I have my second half in Nov. and its not a disney race, so I am a bit nervous.

Thanks Kat..

From the Run Disney website:
Proof of Time

If you do not provide proof of time at the point of registration or acquire it after you have registered, then email this information to disneysports@trackshack.com before December 1, 2011. After December 1, 2011, you will need to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth at Disney’s Fit for a Princess Expo if you wish to have your start corral placement changed. If you listed a race result as proof of time when registering online, then you do not have to do anything further.

I have signed up for a whole bunch of 5 and 10ks as well as the Whitby 10miler in November. All my friends are running in the Scotiabank Waterfront 1/2 marathon but I want to run my first 1/2 in Disney, so Tinkerbell 1/2 will be my first one :banana:
I love running with my Running Room group. The 1/2 marathon group is almost all women, figure that, and we just talk the whole time while we run.
Have fun doing the Island Girl run and have fun at the cruise. I'll be on the Dream in December, will definitely try the Castaway 5k as well.

Wow, thanks for the info :thumbsup2 I will be running a 10K in mid-November (haven't signed up yet but will soon). I figure Dallas weather should be significantly better that time of year. By that time I should be running 9 miles so 10K shouldn't be too bad. I can push myself for that distance. I did half the half yesterday in 91:34, and felt good. I tried an ice bath yesterday, and as much as my brain hated it, my leg muscles loved it.

I read on another Dis Princess group - on FB that the theme of the 5k is.....

Rapunzel

No surprise there. They had that advertised at the chicago RNR marathon I think this weekend at the RunDisney booth is what I read.

I did do last years but is crazy how quick you or shall I say I forgot how far it is. I have my second half in Nov. and its not a disney race, so I am a bit nervous.

Thanks Kat..

Yep... our minds are willing but the bodies not so much! I have my second in November as well, and today's 5 miler was **tough**!! But we CAN do this!

I got a 3 mile run in last night doing 200/100m intervals. My knee felt good where the tendonitis was, but now I have a weird pain in another part of my knee. It's not there all the time so I don't know what it is. I go back to the doc on Thursday. But at least I think the tendonitis hs cleared up.

Back to school, back to a routine!!!! Dropped my older boys at school this morning and took the little guy out for a run. Trying hard to be disciplined again. Word of advice for anyone who gets injured and has to sit out for a while - keep up your cardio!!!! Do the elliptical, bike or swim - something!!! I did nothing while I was out with shin splints and I am TOTALLY feeling it now! Pushing a 3yo in a jogging stroller didn't help. But it was better than hitting Starbucks instead!

Today's blog entry (address under my signature) was about how much I LOVE starting over:headache:! On a bright spot, the temperature was a decidedly non-humid 68! SO FABULOUS!!!

Have a great week, princesses!

Looks like everybody's had good runs this weekend.

My foot is already feeling better, no flashes of fire or anything. The doc also has me taking Vimovo, I tried OTC anti-inflammatories and they didn't help.

When I was dealing with my PF in its glory I tried this cream "Blue Emu" that is a natural anti inflamatory. It helped! You can get it at Walmart. I was trying to keep to a minimum the OTC stuff which wasn't really helping. Anyhoo, thought I would throw it out there.

Completed 7.1 miles today in 1:21:45 (which, according to my Nike+ app, is 11:39/mile. Slow and steady....) Well, I think I completed 7.1 miles...I really need to calibrate my Nike+ gadgets again just to be sure. But for today I'm calling it 7.1 miles. It's a boost to my ego to think that I'm over the halfway hump!!

Hey everyone! I am about 10 pages behind catching up with everyone, but seems like everyone's training is going fabulous!! Yipee!!! I am up to our 10 mile long run this week. It seems like moving into double digits is a huge mental leap for me. So let's all keep up the momentum!

A question for anyone who knows...what happens after the race? I read somewhere on run disney that there is an after event tent---refreshments & characters that our family/friends can attend as well. Does anyone know anything about this?

Completed 7.1 miles today in 1:21:45 (which, according to my Nike+ app, is 11:39/mile. Slow and steady....) Well, I think I completed 7.1 miles...I really need to calibrate my Nike+ gadgets again just to be sure. But for today I'm calling it 7.1 miles. It's a boost to my ego to think that I'm over the halfway hump!!

This is awesome, but I would check the Nike+ since the last update mine is slightly off and I haven't been using much. I have been using Walk Watch, it has a run walk or bike option.

Hey everyone! I am about 10 pages behind catching up with everyone, but seems like everyone's training is going fabulous!! Yipee!!! I am up to our 10 mile long run this week. It seems like moving into double digits is a huge mental leap for me. So let's all keep up the momentum!

A question for anyone who knows...what happens after the race? I read somewhere on run disney that there is an after event tent---refreshments & characters that our family/friends can attend as well. Does anyone know anything about this?

Great Question, I am seeing extra events at several of the other races, both the night before or post race, is there anything like this at the Princess. What about spectators, will there be packages for them to have special seating or other?

Pj

When I was dealing with my PF in its glory I tried this cream "Blue Emu" that is a natural anti inflamatory. It helped! You can get it at Walmart. I was trying to keep to a minimum the OTC stuff which wasn't really helping. Anyhoo, thought I would throw it out there.

I'll try that too. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter