Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sign up date is Thursday, July 7th! I cannot believe the time has come to register!!

I'm registering today, too! :woohoo: I bought new running shoes yesterday plus toe caps to help protect my second toes from the impact. My only lasting physical sign from this year's Princess Half (besides, of course, the glow of accomplishment!) was in how my second toenails grew out thickened after the soreness faded.

I'm so excited! Just over two hours until registration!! I wonder how quickly the race will sell out this time and if they'll have more participants than before. Watching the clock ... :yay:

How fast did it sell out last year???

It didn't sell out last year until January. The advantage of doing it early is a small price break. I found it personally very motivating once I was officially registered. It was a lot of work training and I was very sore after but well worth it!

Okay, I'm filling out the registration form - I think that they ask your fav Princess for bib colors?

Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle Cinderalla, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana.

Anyone know who goes with what color? I don't have a favorite princess.

AND IT'S OPEN!
Did the price go up from last year, just wondering.

Disney’s Princess Half Marathon
* $130 by August 7, 2011
* $140 between August 8 and October 2, 2011
* $150 on or after October 3, 2011

Host Resorts
Disney Value Resorts
Packages start as low as $149 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
* Disney's All-Star Music Resort
* Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Packages start as low as $199 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside Resort
* Disney's Port Orleans - French Quarter Resort
* Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Packages start as low as $376 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
* Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Packages start as low as $523 per person for a two night stay*
* Disney’s Polynesian Resort

Customize a trip that fits your family and your budget with one of our Disney Sports Travel Agents today:

Call 407-WDW-IRUN to book your stay!

Okay, I'm filling out the registration form - I think that they ask your fav Princess for bib colors?

Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle Cinderalla, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Snow White, Tiana.

Anyone know who goes with what color? I don't have a favorite princess.

I found this from an earlier post...
---------------------------------
Blue - Cinderella
Yellow - Belle
Green - Ariel
Pink - Aurora
Purple - Snow White

Does anyone remember if the newer princesses were on the list last year? If so, please add them to the list!
Tiana was a light green (not sure how it compared to Ariel, but I had her)
I think Rapunzel was Purple and Gold??? Not sure, but I figured it would either be one or both of those...

I'm all registered and all! Woo! :cool1::yay::cool1:

How fast did it sell out last year???

It didn't sell out last year until January. The advantage of doing it early is a small price break. I found it personally very motivating once I was officially registered. It was a lot of work training and I was very sore after but well worth it!

Yes, that's right! It didn't sell out until fairly close to the race day, but my impression is that the Princess Half becomes more popular and known with each year, and that the number of participants has increased dramatically each time. I don't think they'll increase the size of the field much more, although they're welcome to do so without needing my permission, of course, but increased demand would translate into a race that sells out earlier the next time around. We'll see! In any case, I'll be there in my tiara and sparkle skirt! :goodvibes

Now is the hotel pricing for BOTH nights or per night? I think last year it was like $99 a night but I could be wrong. I stayed with a friend last year instead of on property

hmmm... I am pretty sure it will just be me and my 6 year old daughter... so I wonder if there is a price difference.

Guess the only way to find out is to call! LOL.

It's official! Just talked to RunDisney and hotels are not ready to be booked now but they are hoping for later today. You can put your name on a call back list and they will call when they are available.

Also wanted to throw these numbers out as well for tickets. I only checked 5/6/7 PH & WPM option so I dont know about the others.

5day PH with waterpark
$261 including tax

6day ph with waterpark
$272

7day ph w/ waterpark
$282

I got the necklace as well, does anyone have a pic of one from last year?

SOOOOO excited!

I just registered so now I have to start training!

My mom went with me last year (2011) and was so inspired that now she is doing the 5k this year (2012). I am going to do it with her.

The problem I am encountering is that last year I had no idea what I was getting into so I was very excited every step of the way. This time I know what I will be going through ~all the highs and lows~ and I'm both dreading it and excited to see how I can improve. Last year I ran to finish - this year I want to set a time goal and accomplish it.

Anybody experiencing these same emotions?

Merci

PS. I added the necklace as well and am wondering what it looks like too.

So for my friend and I it will be 400 (plus taxes etc) to stay at a Moderate or 1100 (plus taxes to stay at the Poly for 2 nights.
Hmmm. I was hoping for a better break on Poly tickets. I guess Port Orleans it is. I love the Poly but can't justify a 700 dollar price difference.

Do you need a separate ticket to enter the parks on race day itself (once the race is over)?

So for my friend and I it will be 400 (plus taxes etc) to stay at a Moderate or 1100 (plus taxes to stay at the Poly for 2 nights.
Hmmm. I was hoping for a better break on Poly tickets. I guess Port Orleans it is. I love the Poly but can't justify a 700 dollar price difference.

Do you need a separate ticket to enter the parks on race day itself (once the race is over)?

Yes the entry fee does NOT include park tickets, however I found the price for the discounted tickets was about as cheap as you will see last year.

I think for lodging there were better options last year for sure, but who knows. I am still surprised they don't have any Epcot resorts, but maybe that is on purpose. Who knows.

It will be interesting to see if the Tink 1/2 makes registration goe faster to fill up, slower or if no change.

If anyone is interested in childcare for the event, I called Kids Nite Out and they said that they will be accepting reservations in December for the Half Marathon. The cost is 18 dollars an hour with a minimum charge of $82 for one child. Hopefully my husband can go so childcare isn't an issue but I wanted to know my options just in case. I am running this race no matter what!!!

Anyone know of a coupon code for the race registration yet????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter