• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

I usually don't check a bag. I have a small zip pocket on the running skirt I am wearing that will fit my WDW key. Sometimes I wear a spibelt..like a fanny pack except much smaller and has elastic waistband so it fits snug. It will fit a small camera or phone. They will be on sale at the expo. Ifit has a waist pack that will also be on sale at expo.
Why a pix of your back? Wear your bib on the front so you can be id'ed on course photos.

Sorry, meant pix of back of ticket. I'm on a DVC reservation with the ticket purchased sep, so always take a picture of the back of the ticket to capture the info in case it gets lost. I have a spibelt as well, may use that.

I hope everyone who isn't feeling their best gets some good rest and feels better for this weekend! If I'm not on tomorrow, I hope everyone has safe travels, and has a blast during the 1/2!

I decided that I didn't want to pack too early, so I put off packing, and now I'm having to pack everything tomorrow after work. Hopefully I don't forget anything! As long as I get my race outfit and shoes in my bag I should be able to replace anything else I forget at least. If anyone is at AKL this weekend, I'll be around there in my WISH bondibands. Say hi if you see me! I'm hoping to get to the resort around 2:30-3:00 on Friday and head straight to the expo, then I'm heading to the pool for some R&R, maybe a few zebra domes, and lots of water. I'm not going to get dehydrated during this race!

I am staying at AKL as well, should be arriving Friday around noon and then heading to the expo. Not sure what the plan will be after the expo. I am doing the 5k on Saturday and then my first 1/2 on Sunday.

About to board my flight! It didn't really sink in that I was going until I had checked my bags that I was actually going to Orlando. Couldn't sleep last night. Mixed bag morning woke up to a mild snowstorm which when combined with downtown rushour turned a 30 min drive to a 50 min. However there are puppies on my flight! I saw and heard then in their carrier while charging a camera batter in prep for this afternoon.

finally getting pumped! We are supposed to drive up from Miami on Saturday....but DH and DSIL just sent an email to try and leave tomorrow night :cool1::cool1:

I hope we can make this happen!!!:banana:

Hi All,

We've been here since Friday. The weather has been overcast and humid, but not too hot. There was a crazy storm yesterday that lasted maybe half an hour, but other than that it hasn't done more than sprinkle.

I got caught up with Stitch's party last night at MK--between that and the 6-7 miles per day my fitbit is logging in the parks, I'm not doing a great job of tapering. :) I'm still trying to catch up on the thread, but hope to see you all at the big meetup!

Can't believe the expo starts tomorrow! It's happening--my first half! :banana:

Cate

Only 1 more sleep! My DH woke me up this morning though with a nice surprise...we got upgraded to first class for our flight in the morning!!! Let the Princess weekend begin!princess:

Good luck to everyone and safe travels! :)

I'm having a debate about whether or not to really quickly hit Magic Kingdom in the morning before the expo (opening an hour before expo) to catch the rope drop show and maybe collect a fast pass for later? Plan would be catch bus to Magic Kingdom, watch show and get pictures collect a flash pass for after expo, go to expo, drop things off at hotel before going back to MK. I've only seen Disneyland's and I did hear part the show when I was doing the WDW marathon (yes I was that far back at that point) but I've never seen MK's show. And if I miss this chance I won't probably get to see it until next Jan.

I'm having a debate about whether or not to really quickly hit Magic Kingdom in the morning before the expo (opening an hour before expo) to catch the rope drop show and maybe collect a fast pass for later? Plan would be catch bus to Magic Kingdom, watch show and get pictures collect a flash pass for after expo, go to expo, drop things off at hotel before going back to MK. I've only seen Disneyland's and I did hear part the show when I was doing the WDW marathon (yes I was that far back at that point) but I've never seen MK's show. And if I miss this chance I won't probably get to see it until next Jan.

Collect those FastPasses to use for later while you can! Only a couple of weeks before they change the rules on us and start enforcing the return time window! Enjoy the show!

Derek

It's a nice show, but it all depends on your priorities. That is a lot of back tracking to get to the expo and then go back, especially if you are using Disney Transportation. You will probably sacrifice an hour of your day. The show is nice, but I'm not sure that it is a absolutely must see show. I'm sure some will disagree, but if I'm not in the World that often, I'd rather have that extra hour enjoying the park rather than sitting on buses or waiting for them. I guess it just depends on how bad you want to see that show and what priority you put on it.

OK, I had my first "race" dream early this morning and I didn't like it :scared1: I couldn't find the race retreat tent and I was starting to panic because it's suppose to provide breakfast and I was starving. I knew I wouldn't be able to start the race without breakfast. Then I couldn't find that wristband they give you. When I woke up I had a slight panic attack because I was still trying to figure out why I didn't have that wristband. Then common sense kicked in and pointed out it's only Thursday and I'm not at Disney yet.

I guess I am a teeny bit stressed. *sigh* And I have not been able to focus at work today. Ever since I printed my boarding pass my motivation has been non-existent.

Collect those FastPasses to use for later while you can! Only a couple of weeks before they change the rules on us and start enforcing the return time window! Enjoy the show!

Derek

I agree.

DD has texted me and called today.She said she is excited. This is her 3rd Princess and my fourth. We arrive (if on time) on separate flights tomorrow around 9:15am. Our plan is to ME to resort, then to MK to get some FP's for later. Monorail to the Poly for lunch and take expo transfer from there and then back to resort to sleep at pool or room and then hit MK for fun and fireworks. :cool1:

Play 9 ugly holes of golf today. Now some laundry and charging all my electronics, then pack and fix dinner for my DH.

All day long I've been humming 'Tomorrow' from Annie. I can't believe we get to Disney Tomorrow!!! Now I must stop procrastinating and go pack or I'll have nothing to wear all weekend :rotfl:

I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with my running the last couple of weeks. I've had a lot going on so I've only gotten one short run in. I think I will be ok though. I am leaving early in the morning so I can hopefylly get to the expo no later than 10. I'm at POR so if you see around the resort or anywhere else on property say hi. Good luck and safe travels to evryone. :thumbsup2

Hey! Getting super excited. My training has been sub par and li9fe has been crazy so i haven't had the time to train and come here lately. I'll be wearing my wish band and looking for folks to hang with (as i'm traveling solo). I'd love to connect with as amny of you as I can, esp those staying at AKL!

I took the Magical Express to t CB this morning arriving at 11:00 am to find my room ready! What a nice surprise after another unexpected gift at the airport. I arrived from Buenos Aires in time for an earlier flight and the nice Delta gate agent allowed me to board with no additional charge. :banana: Her kindness saved me a five hour airport wait and $50. I ran my last two miles this afternoon after getting settled and having lunch. Now, I am awaiting my daughter's arrival by ME. Can't wait to attend the Expo tomorrow. I will be wearing my Princess I Did It shirt from last year!
Safe travels to everyone!
Pam

Today at work was the LONGEST DAY EVER!!! All I keep thinking of is the PRINCESS princess:

Up bright and early tomorrow for our flight, arriving at MCO around 11:00AM, the ME to the Poly, grab a bite to eat, get our rental car, and hit the expo!!

I CANT WAIT!!!

Since I am not taking my laptop, and my cellphone is not very tech-y, I will not be on here til we get home next Weds.

So I want to wish you all the best race ever, I pray every night for us to be safe and have a fantastic injury-free time and that the sweepers will stay away!! I love you all so much, you are all my sister-princesses and I hope we all have a fantastic race!! Stay strong princesses, and I'll be checking in next Weds :goodvibes

Add me to the list of unproductive work days. Not only was I unproductive, but the pre-vacation jinx occured and I was stuck at work until almost 8:00, missed my kettlebell class, and still need to log-in and finish some stuff up tonight that needs to be done tonight.

Sigh. The good news is that I'm 75% packed and my work shouldn't take more than an hour tops. The bad news is that the vacation mode has taken over my mind.

Flight leaves at 7:00 tomorrow morning!!!!!

My big plan for tomorrow is to take ME to the resort, see if they'll hold my carry-on, go to the expo, hit at least one park, the meet-up, and then meeting my friend for drinks somewhere.

We have a 6:30am flight in the morning, and arrive in the big O at 4:45pm. Then it's DME to POR, over to MK to get a new TIW card, and then off to our first ADR at the other big O. I better finish packing PDQ so we can leave ASAP!
TTFN! See yall at the starting line, if not sooner.

Derek & Terry

Unless you MUST get to the expo early in the morning (like if you want those pocketbooks), I'd definitely do it. It's very crowded here this week, and you can get in a lot of touring and grab a FP before 10 am, then high-tail it out of there and to the expo right when the throngs arrive. That's my $0.02, at least!

Cate

I took the Magical Express to t CB this morning arriving at 11:00 am to find my room ready! What a nice surprise after another unexpected gift at the airport. I arrived from Buenos Aires in time for an earlier flight and the nice Delta gate agent allowed me to board with no additional charge. :banana: Her kindness saved me a five hour airport wait and $50. I ran my last two miles this afternoon after getting settled and having lunch. Now, I am awaiting my daughter's arrival by ME. Can't wait to attend the Expo tomorrow. I will be wearing my Princess I Did It shirt from last year!
Safe travels to everyone!
Pam

So cool! My mom is from Argentina and we were just in BA in November! That is a fantastic and magical Delta story! I have had some magic and some nightmares with them lol. Good luck and have an amazing and magical race!! We leave tomorrow, flight is 7 am!! My knees are getting worse each day sadly, but I'm staying positive and happy. Just getting to this point is huge. Besos! Suerte! :cheer2::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter