• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Got my last run in this morning. Did about 4 miles. Next run is THE BIG one! I can't wait to get there. 2 more sleeps and we are on the plane. That is if I can actually sleep. Can't wait to see everyone there!

I have only 2 more runs left.
Treadmill tomorrow for 2 miles. Then finish packing and off to Orlando!
Then my last run at the Caribbean Beach resort on Thursday evening after it cools down (hopefully).
So if you see me running the loop around the water, give me a shout out (or stop me if I have my music on too loud)!
See all you Princesses at the Expo or at the parks or on the run or at the meet up.....:cool1:

I am so sorry Dixie- that really bites! I hope you enjoy the vacation anyway.

I am feeling a lot better. Can't say I am 100% but I am not anywhere near as miserable as yesterday. Hydrating like crazy is my plan for the next couple days!

I have 2 outfits I need to take for a test run- one pink sparkle skirt with black accessories and one Minnie Mouse red/white polka dot skirt from runningfunky. Both are super cute- just have to run around in them a bit and see which feels right! Now that I have 2 outfits I wish I was doing the 5K as well. LOL

:wave2: I just wanted to come out of lurkdom and say hi and THANK YOU for all of the great advice and support on this thread! Deej's spectator guide is so helpful - I forwarded the link to my DH.
This will be my first half, and my first Disney race, and I am so excited! Just hoping to get to the start line injury free and illness free!
I have been a once-a-week runner training for this thing - I do triathlons too, so I spend most of my training on the bike or in the pool. My longest run was 11 miles a few weeks ago - tapering ever since.
Just wanted to say good luck and thanks - you all are an inspiring bunch!

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone!!! Hopefully I will find some people to chat with at the race since I am running alone. Last night Ds (9) told me how impressed he is with me, that made it all worth it.
Oh my! As I was typing this Dh called me to tell me FIL is in the hospital and MIL did not make her plane to come here to watch the kids. We don't know what we are going to do now :(

Sad news-I have been diagnosed with pneumonia. Sad, sad,sad today. My mom won't run without me so I feel doubly bad. I feel like I let her down.
Good news is Dr said I could travel and that the Fl sun and humidity will be good for me. Much luck to all of you!!

I am SO sorry! I don't know the severity of your pneumonia, but if you really, really wanted to, could you maybe just get to the start, walk leisurely and experience as much as you can until you need to get picked up? Of course, I don't want to encourage you to do something against your doctor's orders or that would further compromise your health! Regardless, with all the training you have put in, you are STILL a princess!!!

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone!!! Hopefully I will find some people to chat with at the race since I am running alone. Last night Ds (9) told me how impressed he is with me, that made it all worth it.
Oh my! As I was typing this Dh called me to tell me FIL is in the hospital and MIL did not make her plane to come here to watch the kids. We don't know what we are going to do now :(

Oh, no! Here's wishing for healing for your FIL and a good neighbor / relative to step up and help y'all out with the kids!!!!! You've worked so hard to do this!

I so hope everything is ok!:hug:

I wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a good race!

I especially wanted to give a shout out to everyone doing their first half.:goodvibes

Two years ago when my DH encouraged me to try running again (for the millionth time) I begrudgingly went along with it. This will be my 6th half marathon since then, and they have all been special in their own way, but there is nothing like your first half or your first race at Disney.:goodvibes

Enjoy every moment--even when it's hard and you question your sanity. I question my sanity at every race. I think it's those hard moments that I get the most out of in the long run.

I hope to see lots of WISHers this weekend, and please if you are at AKL/Kidani and see me or Mike walking around stop us and say hello. The best part of Disney races is to meet other WISH folks.:goodvibes

thanks for the kind thoughts and support everyone! You girls will rock it and I hope to be running alongside some of you at the TOT 10k in Sept!

I am SO sorry! I don't know the severity of your pneumonia, but if you really, really wanted to, could you maybe just get to the start, walk leisurely and experience as much as you can until you need to get picked up? Of course, I don't want to encourage you to do something against your doctor's orders or that would further compromise your health! Regardless, with all the training you have put in, you are STILL a princess!!!

I do just have a very mild case. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, if it was full blown pneumonia I would know I was out of the race but with a chance to just walk what I can :confused3 I may try to go back to the Dr on Friday to see if it's fully gone. Our flight doesn't leave til Sat morning. :wizard:

Disneychick, I am so sorry you have Pneumonia....but TinkerAmy has a good idea. Just go and take a stroll for a mile or two. If the doctor said you could go to Disney and do the walking there, I don't see why you couldn't enjoy part of the route that you worked to hard to get on.

I hope your FIL is okay and that you can find a sitter!

I especially wanted to give a shout out to everyone doing their first half.:goodvibes

Two years ago when my DH encouraged me to try running again (for the millionth time) I begrudgingly went along with it. This will be my 6th half marathon since then, and they have all been special in their own way, but there is nothing like your first half or your first race at Disney.:goodvibes

Enjoy every moment--even when it's hard and you question your sanity. I question my sanity at every race. I think it's those hard moments that I get the most out of in the long run.

I hope to see lots of WISHers this weekend, and please if you are at AKL/Kidani and see me or Mike walking around stop us and say hello. The best part of Disney races is to meet other WISH folks.:goodvibes

Thanks Rose! My first half marathon! I'm so excited!!!! When I decided to do this in July, I wasn't sure how I would ever get to these long runs and survive. It seemed so unreachable. And now? I've trained consistently since then and I feel mentally and physically ready! This is going to be awesome! I can't wait!!

Thank you- my first 1/2 :cheer2: and I've been suffering with a foot injury the last 3weeks so I've been lurking and following your progress as your foot has healed- DH has already said I can do 2013 Princess since I wont be able to run as well as I had hoped this time.
Wishing all princess: safe travels to Orlando- see you all so very soon-

To the PP with pneumonia, I am so sorry. I agree that if you feel up to it you should at least start, but then again, it's so early in the morning to get up, and if you're sick that might not be a good idea. I hope you have a magical trip though! :cloud9:

One day until we leave! I'm doing my last run today and am deciding between an easy 3 or doing 5. I figure I'll be walking a fair amount at least on Friday, so that's kind of my last "run". Feeling slightly anxious about being away from the kids, and wanting to get everything packed and ready, but I'm mostly just excited! :cool1:

If you see a somewhat shy Belle (or semi-Belle) in corral C, bib 5086, please say hi. I'm hoping to find some buddies! When I did my last half I ran the last mile and a half with a woman, we held hands and hugged across the finish line. I don't know her name and probably will never see her again, but that's the great fellowship of running!

Thanks ladies. FIL seems ok, but don't think MIL will still make it. My good friend and neighbor offered to help with the kids, but not sure if it is a good idea. She might come with me instead of DH. So as of right now it looks like we atleast have options so I will be able to run.

If you see a somewhat shy Belle (or semi-Belle) in corral C, bib 5086, please say hi. I'm hoping to find some buddies! When I did my last half I ran the last mile and a half with a woman, we held hands and hugged across the finish line. I don't know her name and probably will never see her again, but that's the great fellowship of running!

I'll be in C, Bib 5090, in the blue shirt I posted and with two other women wearing the same shirt. We are hoping to find Julie and Amy, as well as a few others, so please feel free to join the pre-race party!

I am not shy. :laughing:

We'll be full on walking, though, with a planned finish time likely over 3:15 due to injuries and lack of training.

Good luck everyone!!!

Thank you all for your inspiration, motivation and helpful tips!! I'm so excited to experience this race and to hopefully meet some or all of you in person!

Safe travels :-)

Jenn

My wife is interested to know how some of you deal with a camera and what you carry it in, or if you just hold it in one of your hands for the race?

Our camera is a Canon Elph 300, so nice and small. I guess she could try and get a spibelt, or something similar, but interested to know what others are planning to use. Her planned outfit, that matches her 2 sisters, has no pockets or pouches.

Thanks!

With a good running belt, you can stow your gear, keep your hands free and relaxed, and not even notice that you are carrying anything.

I always (and I mean on every run) wear an Amphipod RunLite Snapflask Hydration Belt with 2 large Amphipod Rapid Access Pouches, an Amphipod Ballistic Endurance Pouch, and anywhere from 1 to 4 - 8 or 10.5 oz Amphipod SnapFlasks. I carry an iPhone, iPod Touch, Bloggie Touch video camera, and sometimes either a digital camera or a second video camera in the Rapid Access Pouches. Once it is on and loaded, you don't even notice that you are wearing it, except that you have nothing in your pockets, yet have everything is at your fingertips.

If all you want to carry is a camera, or just have a place to hang your bib so you don't mess up your shirt with safety pin holes, a simple Spibelt will work wonders.

Derek

Here is a picture of my tutu if this works right. I am going to wear a purple short sleeve shirt with it. The tiara is from my wedding, so not the tiara I will be running in. The picture is from before I lost 20 lbs. I will also be in corral C.
IMG_0409.jpg

Hey everyone! I haven't been able to check in since we got our corral's/bib #'s, but I am so excited for this weekend and can't wait to meet some fellow runners!

If anyone is getting down there early and going to dinner at Park Faire either tonight or tomorrow, I'll be working in the photopass team, so make sure you say hi!!

good luck everyone! it's been so fun to follow everyone's training. I really wish I could have made the trip down and join in the fun, but I couldn't make it happen this year. Hoping to be there next year for the fifth anniversary medal.

I have a 14 mile training run on the sched for the weekend, and I'll be thinking of everyone running, walking, and kicking some serious @$$! Can't wait to read everyone's race reports and hear how everyone's races/trips went!

Here is a picture of my tutu if this works right. I am going to wear a purple short sleeve shirt with it. The tiara is from my wedding, so not the tiara I will be running in. The picture is from before I lost 20 lbs. Sorry it is large. I will also be in corral C.

Love your tutu! Congrats on the weight loss! :cheer2:

I think somebody mentioned on the RunDisney FB page that there is merch at the finish line...Is this true and is it different than what they have at the expo?

Getting so excited for the race! This will be my first. Can't concentrate on anything else at the moment.

Thanks! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter