Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Freepixie, I totally remember when you first started posting and how scared and unsure you were - look at you now!! What a great inspiration you are for others! :thumbsup2

Aww thank you so much, you just made me cry happy tears!! :lovestruc This has truly been a journey not only in miles but in becoming a better me! And I could not have done it without the support of you all, you helped me to believe in myself! We have all truly become princesses throughout these months and I can't wait to celebrate our royal-ness on Sunday!!

Oh and tonight I did my last run, only managed 4.5 but that is OK :goodvibes Had to say "goodbye" to my YMCA, I won't be back there til March!

I always do that before a vacation, I think of "the next time I do this I will be in Disney..." lol - tonight I got to think - the next time I run I will be in the Princess princess:

This is gonna be the LONGEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!

Ok, another logistics question. My mom is planning on bringing the kiddos over to the finish area. I'm guessing I'll be done by 9:00. Will she be able to get a bus there? I did sign her and all the kids up for the free level of the ChEAR squad. Didn't know if they could just hop an Epcot bus or do they need a marathon bus. Is the actual finish line in the park or back in the pariking lot?

Kat thanks for sharing your shirts!

I have been trying to upload my photo to Shutterfly to no avail....here is a pic of my outfit on Facebook in an open group if you can access. I still need to work on my hat to secure the chopsticks! I will be in Corral C, so if you see Mulan or heck pass her......say Hi!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150679437515781&set=o.23911491145&type=1&theater

KAT - shirts are fantastic!!! Julie got us shirts made for post-race. Hers is hot pink, mine is green (Tink green, of course!) and it has a Mickey head with a princess crown on it and "Princess Amy" and "Princess Julie" on it. Too cute!

Also, if you see Mulan running with a winged out Tinkerbell, that will be me & Julie! I figure that's probably not too common of a pairing, so we may stick out! Julie has a small, talking Mushu that she is trying to figure out how to attach to her person somehow for race day!

I am all packed and now the sense of calm is descending - all that's left to do is make it through the rest of this week and head on down! Y'all please take as many pics as possible and plan on doing race reports, especially if you have a blog! I love to see everyone's different takes on the run!

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!!!:banana:

So i hope im not the only one freaking out. :scared1: my husband cough me today crying. im just getting really nervous and scared. i was reading horrible stories about the sweepers. i just want to finish! also im running it alone. i had never felt this way in my life.

So i hope im not the only one freaking out. :scared1: my husband cough me today crying. im just getting really nervous and scared. i was reading horrible stories about the sweepers. i just want to finish! also im running it alone. i had never felt this way in my life.

You're not the only one freaking out! I have been a nut all week too. You are gonna do great! I think all that adrenaline is going to take everyone far! You can do this! You ARE a Princess!! princess:

Kat - I LOVE the shirts!!! I read the Team Goddess thread, but I can't keep up with you ladies!!!

Usually in the $50-$60 range.
Thanks Heather!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I ran my first 1/2 on 2/12 and I was terrified at the start line. I literally thought if they do not start this race soon I will throw up. Once I started running it was great. I can only imagine it will be 10 times better at Disney. Just remember that little engine that could..."I think I can!"

You aren't running this one alone. You have 17,999 of your closest friends running it with you! Talk to people in your corral and I'm sure that you will find more than a few people who will be running it at your pace.

Enjoy the journey!

Derek

A question for you repeat princesses, from a first timer. My daughter and I are staying at all-stars music and she is planning to get up with me and drive to Epcot for the race- she's not running, just cheering me on. How much time should we allow for traffic that morning? She said she'd rather get up with me than sleep in a little longer (and risk oversleeping) and she'd rather hang out in her car while waiting, once I head to the race retreat (which I splurged on). I figure get there by 4:00 sounds reasonable (so i have time for my very expensive bagel and banana!)

No! I'm freaking out too! Which is odd, because I don't normally freak out until the morning of a race...the whole way to the start line (and since I'm directionally challenged, that includes a worry of not even finding the starting line - even when that starting line is the Boston Common and there are 12,000 people), the whole time I'm waiting for the race to start, the first 5 minutes of the race, and the last 1/3 of the race (at that point the following phrase is on repeat in my head: "who the FU(& thought this was a GOOD idea? WHO? WHY am I doing this?)

I have a feeling of wanting to throw up right now from the nerves...in my head I think that I know that I will be fine (even though my training was less than ideal), but I'm not completely convinced.

(Sorry for the long winded reply...I may be more nervous than I thought.)

You have this! You CAN (and WILL) do it!

This thread has been so helpful, answering questions I ask, don't ask but have had, and questions that I didn't even know I had.

I have a slightly different logistics question, but I hope someone can shed some light on this.

I've never put anything more than a Larabar or two in my carry-on bag, but this time I'm going to need to bring my breakfast for race day.

I'm planning on having peanut butter, a banana, and a Cliff bar. The banana and Cliff bar I'm sure are easy enough to carry on a plan, but I'm not sure about taking the peanut butter. I have packets of peanut butter that are packaged similarly to Gu, has anyone ever tried to take Gu in their carry-on? I'll probably end up bringing Gu as well, but it's not a big deal if that gets tossed - I don't really use it, it's more of security blanket than anything.

If all else fails, and this is a complete long shot, does anyone know if there's a place to pick up a small amount of peanut butter at WDW?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Nevermind. Early morning and I'm not thinking straight. If they toss my peanut butter, I can swing by one of the Starbuck's at the airport and pick up one of their protein boxes - they have peanut butter!

I'm off to my 4th to last workout before leaving Friday morning.

Tuesday:
-short 1.5-2 mile run
-45-60 minutes on the arc trainer

Wednesday:
-60 minutes on the arc trainer
-15-20 minutes on the bike

Thursday:
-short 1.5-2 mile run
-1 hour kettlebell class

And somewhere in there I need to work 35+ hours, do laundry, clean my kitchen (can't come home to even one dirty dish!), make lists, pack, and panic.

Well, actually. I've got the panic thing down pretty well already.

I'm off to my 4th to last workout before leaving Friday morning.

Tuesday:
-short 1.5-2 mile run

Wednesday:
-60 minutes on the arc trainer
-15-20 minutes on the bike

Thursday:
-short 1.5-2 mile run
-1 hour kettlebell class

And somewhere in there I need to work 35+ hours, do laundry, clean my kitchen (can't come home to even one dirty dish!), make lists, pack, and panic.

Well, actually. I've got the panic thing down pretty well already.

You are all set! I just did 3M, and I have another 3 on Thurs. I fly out Friday morning. Look around your flight area before you take off -- you might see a princess or two! Last year everyone around me was wearing a shirt from a previous year. I may not go that far -- but I might! ;)

Maria :upsidedow

Ahhhhhgggghhhhhh.... I am puking this morning. Please dont let it linger and dont let the kids get it--- I can't leave my babies to go to Disney if they are sick!

Was planning on doing 2-3, but it seems my stomach has other plans for me. :(

BTW, that last place finish at the Tinkerbell was awesome!

This thread has been so helpful, answering questions I ask, don't ask but have had, and questions that I didn't even know I had.

I have a slightly different logistics question, but I hope someone can shed some light on this.

I've never put anything more than a Larabar or two in my carry-on bag, but this time I'm going to need to bring my breakfast for race day.

I'm planning on having peanut butter, a banana, and a Cliff bar. The banana and Cliff bar I'm sure are easy enough to carry on a plan, but I'm not sure about taking the peanut butter. I have packets of peanut butter that are packaged similarly to Gu, has anyone ever tried to take Gu in their carry-on? I'll probably end up bringing Gu as well, but it's not a big deal if that gets tossed - I don't really use it, it's more of security blanket than anything.

If all else fails, and this is a complete long shot, does anyone know if there's a place to pick up a small amount of peanut butter at WDW?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Nevermind. Early morning and I'm not thinking straight. If they toss my peanut butter, I can swing by one of the Starbuck's at the airport and pick up one of their protein boxes - they have peanut butter!

Are you staying onsite? The WDW resorts have bananas and peanut butter for sale. They also have a runner's box for about $6. It includes a banana, small water, granola bar, bagel, and peanut butter. You can also get Gu at the expo, I believe.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I put my gels in my quart sized liquid bag to be on the safe side. Maybe if you have room in yours you could do the same. I've noticed that they aren't as strict anymore (at least here) with the liquids and gels rule. I've accidentally left my bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse on a few trips recently and haven't been stopped.

Lifeasiseeit, I was going to say just buying all the foods you mentioned at your resort the night before the race. If you rather bring your own PB just makesure it is under 3oz and put in your quart sized baggie with your other liquids. I would just make sure to keep in it's own bag on the plane , you don't want a PB mess in your bag if it opens up with the change in cabin pressure .

Had no idea about the runners box. That sounds perfect !

Patty, I am so sorry you are sick. :( Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't spread .

Definately in the group of:scared1::scared1:- foot is not 100% and I have resolved that I won't be able to run this race the way I had hoped-

thanks for the Tink Finishers video-

For those wanting an update on weather- as of this am the projected temp in Orlando is 48/69 for Saturday 55/ 74 for the high- partly cloudy for Sunday.

See you all soon

Dot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter