• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Hi, everyone! Surgery went fine, and I'm back home recovering. I hope to get out and start walking a couple times a day tomorrow. I did have at least one lymph node that had cancer so it looks like I'm headed for chemo. Oh well, hair is overrated. ;) Thank you all for your good wishes and caring encouragement! It means SO much! I'm a **RUNNER** and this stupid disease will NOT beat me!!!

Glad to hear you are at home Patti. Your attitude is awesome for what you are going through. Once a RUNNER, always a RUNNER and you will kick @$$. princess::hug:

Hi, everyone! Surgery went fine, and I'm back home recovering. I hope to get out and start walking a couple times a day tomorrow. I did have at least one lymph node that had cancer so it looks like I'm headed for chemo. Oh well, hair is overrated. ;) Thank you all for your good wishes and caring encouragement! It means SO much! I'm a **RUNNER** and this stupid disease will NOT beat me!!!

You're so inspirational! You can do it! :)

:hug::goodvibes:cheer2::flower3::hug:

Your attitude is so great and inspirational!

Great news - glad you are back home so quickly. I'm sure the chemo news was a disappointment but I'm glad they found it while they were in there and can take care of it. Just think - Rapunzel lost her hair, too, and ended up happier than ever!;) And you ARE a runner, so your body is already strong and ready to take on the chemo. You'll remain in our prayers!:hug:

You are an amazing woman! :cheer2:

Pattie,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad the surgery went fine, and I'm really sorry to hear about the lymph involvement. I know you're going to kick the C to the curb just like you did before, and this time it's going to stay gone. Please keep up with WISH and keep us posted. I want to celebrate your finish in 2013! :love:

Cate

Sending love and prayers to you!! I can't get over how positive an attitude you have!! Its that attitude that will bring you through even stronger than ever!! You are AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2

I am simply in AWE of you. Your attitude is amazing. :cheer2: You go get 'em!!

Patti, my first and last mile of this race will be dedicated to you...start and finish....and thats what you are going to do.start and finish chemo...kick its a@@...and you can get out there again:)

Reading your post has inspired me to train better...I can, so I should...try and do the best I can...I am on that FB group, and its all fun and everything, but to come here and read this....women like you inspire us all...

Hey all - Old Navy is having a sale on their Active wear. I found cute tanks for 7.50 and compression tights for $20-25. If you use the code ONSAVEBIG you get 15% off your total. I saw this online; don't know if these are available in stores as well. Hope so, b/c I got a $20 groupon that expires in 2 weeks and would love to use it on compression tights!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :wizard:

11 miles are done! It felt easier than when I did 10, and now I can start to taper. I headed to a different location than what I usually go to because this one opens at 7am on the weekends instead of 8. I was up anyway, and my morning was not shot entirely.

I did go to my running store to pick up some more energy chews, and after my run, all I could do was the shuffle. The sales people asked me how my race went :rotfl:

My daughter in law had it in one node, too. She started this whole process in March. Yesterday, she did 5 miles on the treadmill. The only reason she stopped is because she had to go to the bathroom!! Through the entire treatment she tried to keep on her treadmill just like you. So, keep it up and we'll see you in next year's Princess, wearing lots of pink!

Hey all - Old Navy is having a sale on their Active wear. I found cute tanks for 7.50 and compression tights for $20-25. If you use the code ONSAVEBIG you get 15% off your total. I saw this online; don't know if these are available in stores as well. Hope so, b/c I got a $20 groupon that expires in 2 weeks and would love to use it on compression tights!

Awesome! I'm definitely checking that out :yay:

Thanks for sharing, Amy!

11 miles are done! It felt easier than when I did 10, and now I can start to taper. I headed to a different location than what I usually go to because this one opens at 7am on the weekends instead of 8. I was up anyway, and my morning was not shot entirely.

I did go to my running store to pick up some more energy chews, and after my run, all I could do was the shuffle. The sales people asked me how my race went :rotfl:

Good for you! Now I'm totally motivated and more confident about increasing my miles after hearing you say 11 felt easier than 10 :cheer2:

What are your favorite energy chews? I'm in the process of trying all the different types of energy fueling stuff to use during the race and so far GU's are my favorite. I'm always curious to hear what others like :)

Good for you! Now I'm totally motivated and more confident about increasing my miles after hearing you say 11 felt easier than 10 :cheer2:

What are your favorite energy chews? I'm in the process of trying all the different types of energy fueling stuff to use during the race and so far GU's are my favorite. I'm always curious to hear what others like :)

Honey Stinger. In a pinch I can do certain brands' gels but I struggle with the consistency. I much prefer these chews because they're soft, and so far I've liked every flavor I've tried.

Yup - didn't read the fine print. Can't use the code on activewear, but it's still a great deal. It's also in-store, so you can save on shipping. I went and got a pair of compression pants for $20 and a green tank for my Tink look for $7.50. I had a $20 groupon, so I felt really good about that! The tank def. needs to be worn over a running bra; there's no support in it and it's pretty thin, but it is a wicking fabric.

I posted on DailyMile, but I had an AWESOME run today! I was going for at least 9 but felt so good I did 10. It was cold, for sure, but completely sunny and beautiful. So glad I got some new life in the ipod (Moves Like Jagger especially made me smile; I was actually kind of bopping while running and was a little embarrassed when another runner passed me from behind!:cool1:) and I tried some new techniques. I had read this in ChiRunning and in an Active dot com article the other day - instead of pushing off with your toes / calves, try lifting your legs much like you do when you are walking in place. Not only does it put less stress on your shins, it helps you have more of a mid-foot strike as opposed to heel or toe. When you first do it, you feel like you are prancing a bit, but I promise you don't look odd! The ChiRunning book says to pretend you have metal rods coming out of your ankles and you have to lift your feet over them to avoid tripping. It's a great visual that worked for me. I felt great! Now, since this is new to me, by mile 8 the inner thighs were DEF making their discomfort known and by 10 they were barking at me. If I'm going to keep this up, I'm going to have to do quad / glute exercises on my off-running days. When I got done, I would have sworn the temp was at least up to 50. I checked my phone and it was only 36!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter