OFFICIAL 2012 MNSSHP Guest List

Wow, how come I just saw this now? I'm going 9/28.

I'll be Merida, my dad will be Capt. Jack Sparrow, and his girlfriend will be in a civil war era dress. Totally not matching, but it was so last-minute that coordinating costumes were just not happening.

We are going twice:cool1: Oct 23 when we arrive. We will be a family of 4 Where's Waldo:rotfl2: and the 28 as pirates. So excited I called to make ressies for the Pirate League and it was booked called 2 days later and actually got ressies for 3 /4 of us. Hoping they will sprinkle some disney magic and squeeze DH in! pixiedust::worship:

We will be there on the 23 as well! We will be a 4some if where's Waldo! If you "find" us say hi!

Went last night 10/4. The rain was horrible, first parade was canceled and fireworks delayed an hour. A lot of rides were not running as well. If you are picking up tickets at will call or buying tickets when you get there go very early. It took us almost an hour to pick up our tickets that were at will call and already paid for.

Went last night 10/4. The rain was horrible, first parade was canceled and fireworks delayed an hour. A lot of rides were not running as well. If you are picking up tickets at will call or buying tickets when you get there go very early. It took us almost an hour to pick up our tickets that were at will call and already paid for.

Did you get a refund or tickets to tonight's party? They were giving people those options.

smitch425 said:
Did you get a refund or tickets to tonight's party? They were giving people those options.

No they told us no refund and we were checking out Friday morning so another night wasn't an option for us either.

We went on the 4th also, what a horrible night :( Hubby waited in line for the 7 dwarfs (starting at 6:15) while the kids and I were in the little Briar Patch play area. The rain was unbelievable!! At some point some of the line moved and no one was keeping track of who was supposed to be where. We finally gave up around 7:30 to go Trick or Treating but some places weren't giving out because it was raining, some didn't know what they were doing, others directed us somewhere else where there was no candy. Disney usually does everything so well but the rain that night really threw them off. It was the most disorganized thing I've ever seen. We got back to the hotel around 9 and it continued to rain until almost 10:30. It was supposed to be the highlight of our trip but was a total bust. At least the kids were happy to get SOME candy.
We still had a great time, despite the horrible heat, humidity and rain every day and we are already booked for a return trip in February :banana:

We had tickets for the 30th of Sept...it rained for the first hour at least. I really wanted the 7 dwarfs so I bought tickets for myself and daughter for the Oct 4th party. We staying in line for over an hour in the pouring rain for the dwarfs on the 4th. The cast members said they could not come outside, even under roof if there was still lightning. I asked was there ANY place inside that they could have the dwarfs. No. They said that the stores would be full and had no where else. At this point, we would have been fine meeting in the bathroom! CRAP! My new friends in line and I asked a cast member if they were giving money back. She advised us to go the City Hall. We booked it there and saw a line forming. A few people came back outside and said that Disney would give money back or tickets to another party. We stayed in line for an hour, fussed a little, but WE got our money back. By the time they were done with us, money back was not a option. I agree that this rain really threw Disney off. Both parties were a bust.

Just got our tix for Nov. 2nd! It's the latest we've ever celebrated Halloween, but, hey! If Walmart already has Christmas stuff out, we can celebrate halloween in November, right?

We're going on 11-2 too :))! Driving from GA that morning to take a long weekend with our 14 month old.

We're staying at SoG (DH is a DoD employee). Doing MNSSHP the night we arrive, then MK and Epcot for the F&W festival the rest of the weekend.

A little history : we used to live in Orlando before we had DD. Had Disney FL resident passes and went all the time. DH did electrical work for Disney too.

Well.....we struggled with infertility (on both ends!) It took us about four years to have DD. During that time it was so hard to hear friends and coworkers talk about taking their LOs to Disney! As you might guess, MNSSHP requires a lot of extra lighting and DH would have to be on hand at those events, seeing all those little kids, which was hard on him.

Eventually we moved out of state when he finished grad school and got a much better job, and then DD came along :D When DH announced he thought we should go the first weekend of Nov., I immediately started looking to see if MNSSHP (which he forgot about) would still be on. It sounds weird, but this is like a personal triumph for us to take our child there.

We're going on 11-2 too :))! Driving from GA that morning to take a long weekend with our 14 month old.

We're staying at SoG (DH is a DoD employee). Doing MNSSHP the night we arrive, then MK and Epcot for the F&W festival the rest of the weekend.

A little history : we used to live in Orlando before we had DD. Had Disney FL resident passes and went all the time. DH did electrical work for Disney too.

Well.....we struggled with infertility (on both ends!) It took us about four years to have DD. During that time it was so hard to hear friends and coworkers talk about taking their LOs to Disney! As you might guess, MNSSHP requires a lot of extra lighting and DH would have to be on hand at those events, seeing all those little kids, which was hard on him.

Eventually we moved out of state when he finished grad school and got a much better job, and then DD came along :D When DH announced he thought we should go the first weekend of Nov., I immediately started looking to see if MNSSHP (which he forgot about) would still be on. It sounds weird, but this is like a personal triumph for us to take our child there.

That's awesome! It made me smile - Congratulations and I hope you guys have a great trip! I will be wearing a bright orange shirt with a Mickey O'Lantern on it! Maybe we'll see you there :)

I'll keep an eye out for you! We'll be pushing a black and green stroller with a little pumpkin in it :)

LoriABil said:
That's awesome! It made me smile - Congratulations and I hope you guys have a great trip! I will be wearing a bright orange shirt with a Mickey O'Lantern on it! Maybe we'll see you there :)

I'll keep an eye out for you! We'll be pushing a black/green stroller containing a little pumpkin :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter