Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

I just recently asked this very question of my DL Media Relations rep and he replied that just like WDW there is no waiting period between use of AFS tickets by the same person. :cool1:

Thank you!! I so wanted to do 6 days, and I can now buy all 6 at the Navy base in SD. They said they would be happy to sell to me. Do you belive, my local ITT refused to even order or call out to CA for me. I just happened to talk to a nice ITT person in SD on my own.

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but you seemed so knowledgeable about disney military matters, I thought i'd give it a shot!

Is there a military room discount on the family suites at AoA? If so, do you know how much it is? We are staying at POP! right now and thought about switching over if the price is right. Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2

I just recently asked this very question of my DL Media Relations rep and he replied that just like WDW there is no waiting period between use of AFS tickets by the same person. :cool1:

If they continue the Salute for Oct 2013-14, I hope they continue this! DH and I are thinking about going again in Oct for the food and wine festival, and it would be great to be able to buy 4 AFS tickets and use 2/person back to back...

If they continue the Salute for Oct 2013-14, I hope they continue this! DH and I are thinking about going again in Oct for the food and wine festival, and it would be great to be able to buy 4 AFS tickets and use 2/person back to back...

We've used it at the F&W also the last few years. Just love strolling around the World Showcase sipping and munching. :yay:

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but you seemed so knowledgeable about disney military matters, I thought i'd give it a shot!

Is there a military room discount on the family suites at AoA? If so, do you know how much it is? We are staying at POP! right now and thought about switching over if the price is right. Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2

The discount for values is 30%, but there are a limited number of rooms. You'll have to call to see if it is available for your dates.

The discount for values is 30%, but there are a limited number of rooms. You'll have to call to see if it is available for your dates.

Ohhhh....that makes me so nervous:( We're wanting to go in October, but I have to wait to see if there is a 2013-2014 promotion first. So I can't even reserve a room until then:( It will be terrible if they're all out!

Ohhhh....that makes me so nervous:( We're wanting to go in October, but I have to wait to see if there is a 2013-2014 promotion first. So I can't even reserve a room until then:( It will be terrible if they're all out!

No need to be nervous. No one else can reserve them until the announcement comes out, so you're good too. Now, if for some reason, they are booked with regular guests, they may not have many, but I think you'll be fine.

Thinking about purchasing the PH with WP&M. My question is does that give us an additional 4 days at the water parks just like the regular WP&M tickets? I know this is probably a dumb question but I had to ask! TIA!!:goodvibes

Thinking about purchasing the PH with WP&M. My question is does that give us an additional 4 days at the water parks just like the regular WP&M tickets? I know this is probably a dumb question but I had to ask! TIA!!:goodvibes

Yes (with a minor clarification) it gives you an additional 4 entries (not days) into the water parks/more parks. So if you went to typhoon lagoon in the morning and blizzard beach at night you would use up 2 of your WP&M options.

and if you went to MK in the morning and Blizzard Beach in the afternoon, you'd use up one day of your park ticket and one option of your WP&M (the minor parks aren't covered under park hopping).

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2012/2013 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Saturday September 28, 2013. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/28/13. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

So I have a question, hubby bought 2 tickets on base (im the spouse) one was for me and the other was a friend. but now she had to cancle, she stated she would pay for the tix still but im trying to find a way to help her out so she doesnt have to lose out on any $$$. Hubby brought the tix home and they are the wdw credit card type. im assuming its based off fingerprint scan also and she will need to be there (or anyone else that may want to use it) with me at the time of activation. Correct?

Im used to DLAND tix where they are still paper printed and you just need the sponser there to activate it along "another party" since they dont do finger scans.

Thanks for any info.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to pass it on without either of us losing money it would be greatly appriciated. Im going May 1-6th so if there is anyone that needs a 4day park hopper for $156 look me up! :) lol thanks all..

So I have a question, hubby bought 2 tickets on base (im the spouse) one was for me and the other was a friend. but now she had to cancle, she stated she would pay for the tix still but im trying to find a way to help her out so she doesnt have to lose out on any $$$. Hubby brought the tix home and they are the wdw credit card type. im assuming its based off fingerprint scan also and she will need to be there (or anyone else that may want to use it) with me at the time of activation. Correct?

Im used to DLAND tix where they are still paper printed and you just need the sponser there to activate it along "another party" since they dont do finger scans.

Thanks for any info.

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to pass it on without either of us losing money it would be greatly appriciated. Im going May 1-6th so if there is anyone that needs a 4day park hopper for $156 look me up! :) lol thanks all..

Hi, There is no way to activate the ticket for your friend without her being with you at WDW. (It is against Disney's published policy)

What are your plans for the trip, how many days in the parks?

You are there for 7 days (1-6 May) you could use both tickets yourself, back-to-back those 7 days.

You could try to sell them on eBay or a similar venue, but you have no way to prove the ticket isn't used. People are VERY leery of buying Disney tickets like this so you'll get nowhere near what you paid (probably around $40, I wouldn't pay more).

Good luck, Steve

Your friend doesn't have to be there for you to activate the ticket for her to use at a later date, if you wanted to do that. Finger scans aren't done at the time of activation. You will have to give your friend's name and address; most of the CMs write the person's first name on the back of the ticket with a Magic Marker. I presume this is done only to prevent you from mixing up the tickets. The tickets are only good until the end of September, though.

There's absolutely NO reason you can't use the second ticket yourself or let another friend use it. Until they've been used once, they're not really the exclusive property of that person. I think CMs use the name and address to verify if the ticket is lost. Military people often have change of plans that might mean a person couldn't go at the last minute; the ticket doesn't need to be wasted.

It is, however, illegal to sell the ticket on eBay to someone you don't know. The tickets are supposed to be used for family and friends, not strangers and definitely not for profit!(I know you're not doing that)

You could always stop by Guest Relations and tell them the name of the person using that ticket had changed, although it's probably not necessary. It's only a problem if your friend has used a day on it; then it can't (or at least shouldn't) be used by anyone else, since it's tied to a fingerprint.

Thanks for any info.

I would probably first try having your husband go back to the ITT office on base and ask if they could possibly refund the money for the ticket. It's probably a long shot, but you never know. If he had a copy of your plane itinerary to show that you haven't been to Florida yet and there's no way the ticket could have been used, he might have a chance.

Failing that, maybe you could activate the ticket, then upgrade it to a 2-day base ticket. You could keep that ticket forever, as long as it's unused, and apply it to your next vacation.

Failing that, maybe you could activate the ticket, then upgrade it to a 2-day base ticket. You could keep that ticket forever, as long as it's unused, and apply it to your next vacation.

I would agree with this idea. Just make sure you do not use the AFST prior to upgrading it, and make sure you do not use the ticket you upgrade it to. On a subsequent trip you could take that ticket and also upgrade it as needed.

I'm sure that this is all up in the air still, but I'd figure I'd put it out there...

Does anyone know if those using Armed Forces Salute tickets will be able to take advantage of FP+ (reserving in advance)?

We are looking at going to WDW again in October, and I'm imagining FP+ will be up and running by then. Our arrival day would be Oct 1, with the first day in the parks being Oct 2. Based on the current promotion, we wouldn't be able to *purchase* the AFS tickets until Oct. 1, as that would be the first day they'd be on sale for the 2013/14 promotion (if a 2013/14 promotion happens, which I know isn't a given). If FP remained the same as it is now, that'd be fine...we'd just buy AFS tickets when we check into Shades of Green on Oct 1.

With trying to get FP+ online, though, I'm wondering if we'd even have the opportunity to use FP+. For 60 days out, they'd have to put tickets on sale on Aug 1 (which is around when they announced the 2012/13 promotion) in order for people coming on Oct 1 to be able to participate and not be at a disadvantage compared to those purchasing regular MYW tickets. I'm just not sure that's likely to happen...but at the same time, if AFS can use FP+, it would kind of suck for Disney not to give AFS holders the same 60 days as everyone else...

I purchased 6 tickets last year for the family, can I buy 6 more this year? Also I bought them at ticket office outside Quest in DTD, if able to buy tickets this year can I still get them at DTD? Thanks

I purchased 6 tickets last year for the family, can I buy 6 more this year? Also I bought them at ticket office outside Quest in DTD, if able to buy tickets this year can I still get them at DTD? Thanks

It depends on when last year. The current Disney Armed Forces Salute offer period during which you are allowed 6 tickets is 1 October 2012 - 28 September 2013.

It depends on when last year. The current Disney Armed Forces Salute offer period during which you are allowed 6 tickets is 1 October 2012 - 28 September 2013.

Went last April for spring break so I am good to go for a trip in July then right? And I can buy then again at a Disney ticket office?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter