Official 2011 Wine & Dine Half and Relay Thread

I want a cupcake shirt, that's awesome. But I have yet to figure out what I'm running in yet, i thought about a costume, but not sure. I am going to eventually run as every disney princess, even though I'm a guy, I'm doing it cause I can and I have the right to wear whatever I feel I want and look past the social standards put on people. I have the kid costumes they sell in the parks in xl and fit me as a knee length dress. I have belle and aurora currently, but gonna have all them eventually. I like enjoying myself at the races and dressing up in costume is fun, did it for the princess. I was thinking of doing this race aa a hot dog (if I can find a good costume), raggidy Anne, goldilocks or just a normal race outfit. I'm starting my princess running in October with daytona half, continue with Donald half then maybe in sarasota half in march. The full marathons I prefer to be in regular race wear. I will probably start a blog or something for my quest after October. But would like some feedback on the outfit for this race since im stuck on it. I'm leaning on being boring but maybe some other opinions would change it.

Summer - LOVE your outfit, and the note about the cupcakes. So true.

:grouphug: - Carey

I want a cupcake shirt, that's awesome. .

Thanks yall! I can't take too much credit for it though...all I did was come up with the theme and the rest I just searched on the internet for and had made for me...the rhinestone stuff and design on the bondi band I ordered and just ironed on. The sparkle skirt I'm re-using from the Princess this year...although I love them so much I intend to have one in every color eventually!! There's tons of stuff out there...I find alot of it from various "shops" on Etsy.com.

I want a cupcake shirt, that's awesome. But I have yet to figure out what I'm running in yet, i thought about a costume, but not sure. I am going to eventually run as every disney princess, even though I'm a guy, I'm doing it cause I can and I have the right to wear whatever I feel I want and look past the social standards put on people. I have the kid costumes they sell in the parks in xl and fit me as a knee length dress. I have belle and aurora currently, but gonna have all them eventually. I like enjoying myself at the races and dressing up in costume is fun, did it for the princess. I was thinking of doing this race aa a hot dog (if I can find a good costume), raggidy Anne, goldilocks or just a normal race outfit. I'm starting my princess running in October with daytona half, continue with Donald half then maybe in sarasota half in march. The full marathons I prefer to be in regular race wear. I will probably start a blog or something for my quest after October. But would like some feedback on the outfit for this race since im stuck on it. I'm leaning on being boring but maybe some other opinions would change it.

I like the hot dog idea because of the food theme that goes along with the race theme...although I can't envision a full-on hot dog costume that would be easy/safe to run in! I'm partial to the Raggedy Anne idea too...that was one of my most favorite dolls when I was a kid.

Also, regarding CLOTHES, I think it would be fun to follow Summer's lead and post our outfits. Maybe even us wearing them. With 71 pages and so many posters, I feel a little bit bad to admit that I am having troubles telling everyone apart. Maybe if we post a current pic in running gear with our real names - this close to the race especially - I might actually have a prayer of recognizing some of you at the event and tackling you with a group hug prior to the starting line!

:grouphug: - Carey[/QUOTE]

I have red hair and will be wearing the pink Run Disney shirt with red shorts/pink side stripe. And a Minnie Mouse bow in my hair if I can find one. I like the idea of posting pics.

My youngest son called today and asked me to sign him up to run the WDW 1/2 with me. His roommates asked him why he wanted to train to run 13.1 miles. He said, I'm embarrassed that my mom can, and I can't.

Deb

I do not racewalk as does windwalker, Dave. I speedwalk since I can not tolerate a heel plant in my stride. I midsole strike. I found that racewalking actually slowed my forward progress because it felt like putting on the brakes everytime I planted. The midsole allows a smoother glide into the next step.

I'm intrigued... I've been plagued with heel problems that get aggravated every time I go out for a walk.

How did you learn the Chi Walking technique? Did you find the book adequate or did you invest in his videos?

I'm intrigued... I've been plagued with heel problems that get aggravated every time I go out for a walk.

How did you learn the Chi Walking technique? Did you find the book adequate or did you invest in his videos?

DW purchased both books, Chi Walking and Chi Running for me. After reading Walking and implementing the method for some time I thought I would try try the running but it did not work for me. I focused strictly on walking and found myself becoming more comfortable with a natural flow for my body then expanded on it to where I am now. Hope that made sense. I am kinda OC from my younger years so I really concentrate on movements and listen/feel my body as I exercise.

I don't think I'll be wearing anything exciting for the race...I've spent a lot of time figuring out what clothes are comfy for me to run in in this Texas heat, so I'll probably wear the spandex running shorts and tank that I like the best, nothing too special or exciting!

I don't think I'll be wearing anything exciting for the race...I've spent a lot of time figuring out what clothes are comfy for me to run in in this Texas heat, so I'll probably wear the spandex running shorts and tank that I like the best, nothing too special or exciting!

Hasn't it been the worst? :headache: And it just won't let up! I trained in it all through the summer to be ready for the DL half, came back from that and enjoyed one week of "cooler" temps (less than 100 finally!!) and then just in time to pick back up again to stay ready for W&D the temps soar again...had to run a 3 miler @ 102 yesterday. I am sooooooo sick of it!

Hasn't it been the worst? :headache: And it just won't let up! I trained in it all through the summer to be ready for the DL half, came back from that and enjoyed one week of "cooler" temps (less than 100 finally!!) and then just in time to pick back up again to stay ready for W&D the temps soar again...had to run a 3 miler @ 102 yesterday. I am sooooooo sick of it!

It is absolutely horrible. The week of Labor Day when we had a "cool front" (aka, below 100 like you said) was heavenly. I didn't have to wait til real late or very early to run. It is much easier for training when you don't have to reschedule your whole day's activities! But alas, it's gotten back to plus 100 again :( I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a tad cooler at some point this month...or at least rain!

Oh my, how this thread has grown since I last checked in. I hope everyone's training is going well.

A couple weeks ago I finished my first half ironman race which I am super thrilled about but haven't done diddly squat since then bc I was so burned out from all the training. I was really hoping for a personal record at this race but I dont think that's going to happen. :(

I'd love to see what everyone is wearing for the race. I don't have mine finalized yet so I'm going ot hold out on the surprise. One recomendation if you dont' know it already; nothing new on race day so train in the outfit before the race. I made this mistake once and paid dearly.

Oh my, how this thread has grown since I last checked in. I hope everyone's training is going well.

A couple weeks ago I finished my first half ironman race which I am super thrilled about but haven't done diddly squat since then bc I was so burned out from all the training. I was really hoping for a personal record at this race but I dont think that's going to happen. :(

I'd love to see what everyone is wearing for the race. I don't have mine finalized yet so I'm going ot hold out on the surprise. One recomendation if you dont' know it already; nothing new on race day so train in the outfit before the race. I made this mistake once and paid dearly.

I'm confused ... not picky...

If this was your first half ironman doesn't it then have to be your PR?

Wait... you were hoping the wine and dine would be a new PR... I understand now.

Congratulations. A half Ironman is on my to do list but first I have to at least do a sprint.

Congratulations. A half Ironman is on my to do list but first I have to at least do a sprint.

Thanks. I think it's good to make sure you like Tris before tackling a 1/2 ironman but some do full ironman events as their first. You just need to be committed to the workouts. The race itself is just the cream at the top.

Re: my PR, you got it. I meant the W&D 1/2 against other 1/2 marys. Sorry.

Thanks. I think it's good to make sure you like Tris before tackling a 1/2 ironman but some do full ironman events as their first. You just need to be committed to the workouts. The race itself is just the cream at the top.

Congratulations on your triathlon finish. We already have site reservations at FW for the 70.3 in May, 2012. Figured I might as well make my first attempt at a triathlon a 1/2 since my first marathon was the finale of a Dopey Weekend this January.

Oh yes, definitely. I don't have a time frame but I'll do a couple of sprints and Olympics before attempting a 70.3.

DW purchased both books, Chi Walking and Chi Running for me. After reading Walking and implementing the method for some time I thought I would try try the running but it did not work for me. I focused strictly on walking and found myself becoming more comfortable with a natural flow for my body then expanded on it to where I am now. Hope that made sense. I am kinda OC from my younger years so I really concentrate on movements and listen/feel my body as I exercise.

Thanks so much... I'll have to check out the book and give the technique a try after this race.

Supercritter – Congrats on the half-ironman… what an accomplishment!

Settled on my race outfit… I’m going to wear my new WISH shirt (love knowing I have the WISH motto on my back!) and my BlackDiamond sparkleskirt. And a bondi-band of some kind. I’m tall, curly hair, and… ahem… fluffy. :) Please do say Hi! I’m doing the race with my sister, but she’s a runner and I’m a walker, so I’ll be alone for quite a bit of the way.
Carey – I agree with your sentiments about this board. :grouphug: I’m on my own in training here in town, but love coming here to share the experience with y’all.

Questions for the folks who did this race last year… how was the temp/humidity? Here in the northeast, we’re having nice cool evenings (sixties), so that’s what I’m doing all my long walks in. I’m kind of starting to worry that my pace is going to suffer bcs of the temps in FL… I don’t really have much room to spare.

How’s everyone’s training going? I have an 11 mile walk this weekend, then an 8 the next weekend, then race day! Can’t believe we are so close!!!

Settled on my race outfit… I’m going to wear my new WISH shirt (love knowing I have the WISH motto on my back!) and my BlackDiamond sparkleskirt. And a bondi-band of some kind. I’m tall, curly hair, and… ahem… fluffy. :) Please do say Hi! I’m doing the race with my sister, but she’s a runner and I’m a walker, so I’ll be alone for quite a bit of the way.
Carey – I agree with your sentiments about this board. :grouphug: I’m on my own in training here in town, but love coming here to share the experience with y’all.

Questions for the folks who did this race last year… how was the temp/humidity? Here in the northeast, we’re having nice cool evenings (sixties), so that’s what I’m doing all my long walks in. I’m kind of starting to worry that my pace is going to suffer bcs of the temps in FL… I don’t really have much room to spare.

How’s everyone’s training going? I have an 11 mile walk this weekend, then an 8 the next weekend, then race day! Can’t believe we are so close!!!

The humidity kicked my behind. Also a bunch of other racers too.:guilty::sick::sick:

Funny thing is when we moved from NJ to Fl in '86, I hated the heat and DW didn't mind it at all. Last year I was cold and DW was fine but it was still warm and humid for many.

Don't worry! The sun will be gone and the electricity in the air will add speed to your steps. Just don't go out fast and remember that AK has uneven footing with changes in camber and it is not lit up like other sections.

The heat and humidity killed me and defiantly effected my time. I was 3 minutes slower than a race 3 weeks prior and I was still a little sick for that one. I spoke with the overall female winner and she was about 3 minutes slower too.

It probably wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't already started to get cooler up here so it wasn't such a swing. I prefer to run halves in the low to mid 40's and according to the web it was 82 (but felt like 88) and the humidity was 74%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter