Official 2011 Wine & Dine Half and Relay Thread

I'm signing up to run the 5k, I'll time myself!

My 2 sisters who will be at WDW with me have just committed to do it as well, perhaps just as a walk, perhaps as a run.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of this run, and wish the time was here already!

Any pics of the 2010's 5k finisher's medallion?

Any pics of the 2010's 5k finisher's medallion?

Welcome!!! Here is last year's medalion. (The vinyls don't come with.:goodvibes)

P1030350.jpg

I want to register, just waiting to see if I have that weekend free. It would be my first 1/2 and I really want to do it.

Jennifer

I didnt realize that the 5k had a finishers medalion

For the price of registration, the need to! Keep in mind, it is rubberish - not metal. Not that it's a bad thing, but I've read about some 5Kers on here being disappointed about that.

Did anyone do this race last year and use a taxi to get back to their resort after the race? The resort we were hoping to stay at isn't a race resort and we are considering using a taxi after the race.

Hello! Last year I stayed at Pop, which was not a race hotel, and there were lines outside Epcot, after the finish line party for taxis. It took a few minutes but was no trouble at all.

Good luck!

Did anyone do this race last year and use a taxi to get back to their resort after the race? The resort we were hoping to stay at isn't a race resort and we are considering using a taxi after the race.

I stayed at Pop for the race last year. I took the bus to Epcot and then walked to the wonder lot where they had buses to the start. Make sure to leave plenty of time.

I was down there with a friend from Tampa though so we had his car for after. You might want to see if there are some other runners who might want to share a cab or has room in their car.

I am most definitely doing the HM again. Hoping to improve my time by actually TRAINING for the race this year. :rotfl:

Would consider doing the 5K as well. Will have to see if DH wants to do it, and we can find someone to watch DD. Hopefully she'll do the Kid's race again - she loved doing it last year. :)

We're probably going to stay at S&D this year. That way, we can walk back to the hotel after the race.

I would be happy with any type of medalion to show I succeded , rubberish or not! :thumbsup2 On a different note, I just started training and my goal is the Half Marathon. I can do 5k right now so I am real hopefull I get to do this race.

You might want to see if there are some other runners who might want to share a cab or has room in their car.

I'll be coming from/heading to BLT and would love to find other DISers to travel to/from with.

On another note, and maybe this should be a separate thread, what will people be wearing???? i.e. will you be donning a costume? and if so, what?

I'll be coming from/heading to BLT and would love to find other DISers to travel to/from with.

On another note, and maybe this should be a separate thread, what will people be wearing???? i.e. will you be donning a costume? and if so, what?

There were some last year...but not a lot. Someone i started with did wings with lights....if you can do things with lights, that would be cool. Otherwise, it's dark for much of it, so do what makes you happy!

If that is the case you can at least take the monorail to Epcot or whichever monorail resort is a host hotel.

Someone else will have to let us know if they keep the monorails running until the end of the party. If so that might solve your problem.

I'm assuming BLT = Bay Lake Tower.

If that is the case you can at least take the monorail to Epcot or whichever monorail resort is a host hotel.

Someone else will have to let us know if they keep the monorails running until the end of the party. If so that might solve your problem.

I'm assuming BLT = Bay Lake Tower.

I had completely forgotten about the monorail. Thank you. I guess its pretty obvious I haven't been to WDW in 20 years.

I was just wondering if anyone has already signed up for the half? This will be my first marathon (just started running last week), and I am about to sign up for it but am a little hesitant. Scared actually but I just need to make the jump and do it!

does anyone remember what the weather was like at the start last year? i'm in the northeast, so it's hard to justify leave prime racing season to fly down to florida for a race that is (most likely) going to be hot. but the after-party seems so fun! sigh.

I didn't run last year, but I was at WDW that weekend and it was WARM. The heat and the late start time are the reason I'm hesitant about this race for now. It's too close to too many good east coast races!

I really want to do this race! I did the WDW Half in January (my third half marathon). I am doing the Disneyland Half Marathon in September. I was in Disney World last year during this event and it seemed very cool. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter