Official 2011 Wine & Dine Half and Relay Thread

Woot! I'm registered! Looking forward to it.

I don't think we'll do the 5k earlier for multiple reasons; 1. DD2 would need a stroller or babysitter, 2. we're staying off resort Fri night and don't get into BLT until Saturday.

I'm registered for the W&D Half!! :)

Hi Liz! I talked to a few folks in Jan...and so many said how much fun the 5K was!! However, still dont know if I want to do both....I did read it was super crowded....hmmmm..my little one will be 5 and she is so excited to do "her own Disney race!"

Hi Diana! Yeah, I'd love to do the 5K too... The price is also a consideration for me. If they give the MNSSHP ticket with it again I won't be able to use it since I'll go home Sunday afternoon. So if the price is as high as it was last year, I won't do it. That would be fun for your 5 yr old to do it! Good luck deciding!

I did them both last year, and intend on doing both this year as well. Didn't push it in the morning, rested during the day (I think) and got to the start of the half waaaaaaaay too early. It was a very long day (and we stayed up until around 4:30 or 5 after the party and post-party party) but it was so worth it.

Oh wow, that sounds exhausting. lol I crashed around 3am and slept like a log!!

I didn't get to the start too early, but I made my own mistake last year. I did not fuel well enough. It was hard to know what to do for a night race. But I feel like I know now. I need to eat more food closer to the start of the race. I got sick after last years race and I think the main reason for it was that I was SO hungry.

I am in!! My DD5 may just do the kid races at the EXPO...waiting to see all the other race info that is coming soon!!! We leave Monday so iffy too abt 5K/MNSSHP!
I am thinking its going to be tough to get into an EPCOT resort....looks like SSR is out for us now, I thought last year it was a host resort. Oh well!

Subbing but not sure if I will actually do it again. Liked it but was not overly impressed....loved the concept, though and am hopeful the improvements will draw me back little by little. There are so many great fall races, it's hard to choose. I'm sure it will be a great improvement if they listen to our feedback. Liz, you are becoming a Run Disneyaholic!

I'm a definitely maybe. Depends on my husband's job.

Lol! This is exactly what I was talking about! You were a definite no right after the race last year...it's the draw of Disney that keeps me coming back! Liz and Amy...I hope I decide to go and see you both again in the fall!

We are returning and this time we will be joined by our good friends. Two couples, no children, Wine and Dine and a half marathon to burn off maybe a quarter of what I consume over the weekend.... What could be better!

I am very happy to see that they took the feedback seriously and are making changes to improve the race. It looks like the bag drop and pickup areas have already been addressed. Now if they expand the access in Epcot and do not sell more tickets, then this will really be an annual event for my wife and I.

I am hoping to run the relay! I need to find a partner and I am hoping my SIL will come around.

For now, I'll train for the longer leg and hope she wants to do it with me!

I am hoping to run the relay! I need to find a partner and I am hoping my SIL will come around.

For now, I'll train for the longer leg and hope she wants to do it with me!

Okay let me be clear I am a "virgin" runner and just started my training yesterday and signed up for my first 5K on April 30th here in the Northern VA area and am not up on the lingo and rules for running, I am trying to read lots of info, lol. :confused3 What is the break up of the 1/2 Marathon Relay?

Okay let me be clear I am a "virgin" runner and just started my training yesterday and signed up for my first 5K on April 30th here in the Northern VA area and am not up on the lingo and rules for running, I am trying to read lots of info, lol. :confused3 What is the break up of the 1/2 Marathon Relay?

The first leg was 4.8miles the second leg was 8.3miles.

I'm doing the 5K and waiting for them to have that registration open! I think I would be able to train for the 1/2 by then, but I'm going to wait and do the princess next year. I'm NOT a night person (I go to bed around 9 and that's late for me...and wake up at around 4am) so I want my first 1/2 to be a morning run! I'm excited about the 5K though, it looks fun! :thumbsup2

I read on facebook from someone who e-mailed Run Disney regarding registration for relay..They were told it would not be open for registration until mid April!

I'm seriously considering signing up for this race! I'm trying to convince DH to do it with me but he's had a hard time with Plantar Fasciitis in his feet.

Currently we're staying at BLT so I'm kind of hoping someone could fill me in on how transportation would work getting back to our hotel after the party. Did anyone take a taxi last year? We'd have to wait for our 7 month window to open before we could try to book at Beach Club, Boardwalk or Old Key West through DVC so who knows if we would be able to get a room at any of the host resorts that are also DVC.

I am not planning on doing this race in 2011 but do want to do it again at some point. I'm just going to tag along on this thread and see how everyone does.

This is my first post on the boards, though I have been reading along for a few months now! My bf and I registered yesterday and this will be our first half marathon! We are very excited! We were down at the food and wine festival last year during the weekend of the race and saw everyone with their medals and that was when we knew that we HAD to do it! :goodvibes

I am definitely doing the 5K with my family. Thinking about maybe doing the relay/half. I am a new runner, so at the very least I want to hang out and watch the Half so I know what to expect (I want to do a Disney HM in 2012).

This is my first post on the boards, though I have been reading along for a few months now! My bf and I registered yesterday and this will be our first half marathon! We are very excited! We were down at the food and wine festival last year during the weekend of the race and saw everyone with their medals and that was when we knew that we HAD to do it! :goodvibes

Welcome to the DIS!!!

I am definitely doing the 5K with my family. Thinking about maybe doing the relay/half. I am a new runner, so at the very least I want to hang out and watch the Half so I know what to expect (I want to do a Disney HM in 2012).

This was my first half last year. I would say try the relay portion if you are unsure, it will be great practice leading up to a half in 2012!

Same here, we are both Disney fanatics, LOVED the Food & Wine Festival, and both have always wanted to try a marathon, 1/2marathon and maybe in this case so we can work ourselves up a relay/ 1/2marathon:yay: Much luck, I am off to start day #2 of building up to running.

I am still trying to figure out how to quote and reply, but thank you to ajvaca and jeanigor for the warm welcome! :goodvibes. We are also huge disney fans, and are lucky that my parents have a time share and are letting us use it for the W&D. We are staying at the Beach Club, which will be perfect for stumbling home from the after party!

I just started running in the middle of December, and I have to say that I am very shocked at how fast you can build up to it! Last weekend I ran in a local 5 mile race! I did not expect to be able to run 5 miles so soon, so this gives me hope that I will be able to do 13.1 by October!

Can't wait to read along with everyone! popcorn::

Okay let me be clear I am a "virgin" runner and just started my training yesterday and signed up for my first 5K on April 30th here in the Northern VA area a

I just signed up too!!

I'm no runner either, but I'm going to try!

I'm signed up for an April 30th 5k too in Ashburn....any chance it is the same one ?

I just signed up too!!

I'm no runner either, but I'm going to try!

I'm signed up for an April 30th 5k too in Ashburn....any chance it is the same one ?

NO WAY!!!!!! Journey 4 A Cure???? for the Declan Carmical organization???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter