Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

Not sure if this has been reported yet:

The signs up around the resort are listing the monorail as running til 12:30 AM on party nights, now.

I asked one of the Monorail CM's tonight and she said it was a recent change based on the amount of customer complaints that poured in.

We were at the October 6th party and were pleasantly surprised by this. The resort monorail loop was running. Some loudmouth behind us was complaining about no express, guess you can't please everybody! We left the party around 11:45pm and there was no wait for the monorail, everyone got a seat on the first one that arrived.

On a sidenote, the party seemed much busier than the one we went to around the same time in October 2009. In particular, the 10:30pm parade was VERY crowded - I think more & more people are following the "skip the first parade" advice!

We are going on Nov. 1st. This will be the first time at the party for me, and the first time at WDW for my bf. Very exciting! :banana:

We're not planning to dress up, simply because of time constraints. We arrive on 11/1 at 10:30. Not sure how long it takes to get to AKL from the airport on Magical Express, but we have a 2:30 ADR at the Garden View Tea Room. I figure we'll head straight to MK from there. Thinking I'll check Target and Old Navy for Halloween t-shirts or something. Has anyone seen any cute ones at either store?

This is a great thread. Thanks for all the tips! :thumbsup2

Check out the cafepress.com website for Halloween shirts.
My "costume" was a t-shirt that said "Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult." I can't tell you how many laughs & comments it got.
They had bunches to choose from. Sign up for their e-mails & you should get a discount offer. Shipping was reasonable & quick so you should have it in time for your November trip.

Also, I see in some of the posts above that some are planning "steps" or an order of operations to do things in the party. As newbies, should I figure out a game plan to our night as well? I subscribe to touring plans and will have a game plan for when we visit the parks each day but didn't really think about doing the same for MNNSHP. What are everyone's thoughts on having a plan for the Party? We are going on Tues 10/25.

Yes, as with everything Disney, it pays to have a plan. You can't do everything in one night. Assuming that, like most people, you'll want to do the parade/fireworks/villain show, that means prioritizing between characters and rides. And even between characters. Last year we did the 7 Dwarves. Glad we did it but it sucked up a huge amount of time. This year we're going for more characters with shorter lines. We'll also be hitting a few rides before 7:00, since this is our only time in MK this trip.

TouringPlans actually has several plan variations for MNSSHP. Check them out and it will give you some idea of what is do-able. I always tweak the standard plans but it will at least give you a starting point. Last year we had a general plan, and we ended up having a good time but we were kind of overwhelmed, and we missed a lot that we weren't even really aware of. This year we're going in with a much more specific plan. I used TP to customize and map out each ride and character. I'm reviewing the food options now so that we don't waste time figuring out what to grab to eat. Good luck and have fun! We really loved the party and can't wait to go back.:banana:

Also, I highly recommend costumes, if you're not doing that already. We didn't last year but we're all dressing up in full costume this year, even DH who's not really much of a costume person. It just adds to the excitement. :woohoo:

Hi. This will be my very first time at both Disney and MNSSHP. It will just be DH and me. I am trying to create a tour plan but it is tough not being too familiar with the layout. I've been pouring over maps and various MNSSHP sources of information.Do you know if Suzy and Perla do meet and greets during the parades? Is the dance party geared mainly toward kids? Please tell me what you think of these two plans. If we can take a photo with Cinderella's Carriage before lining up for the dwarfs we will unless it is much better in the dark. The first plan is if we finish with the 7 dwarfs fairly quickly. The second is if it is to late to attend the first villains show and meet and greet. Also is there anyway I can squeeze in the Haunted Mansion ride and where? I can't thank you enough! I want so badly for this night to be a success!
Plan 1
5:45- Line up for the 7 Dwarfs
Photo with Dwarfs
7:45- Villain Show
Meet/photo Evil Queen followed by another Villain time allowing.
Meet Suzy and Perla if in Fantasyland
Photo Cinderella's Carriage
Photo Hitchhiking Ghosts
Photo Haunted Carriage
Woody's Dance Party time allowing
9:30 Hallowishes
10:30 Parade
Hub meet Lotso
Meet Mickey and Minnie
Trick or Treat time allowing

Plan 2
5:45 line up 7Dwarfs
Haunted Carriage Ride Photo
Hitchhiking Ghosts Photo
Cinderella Carriage Photo
Suzy and Perla if in Fantasy Land
9:30 Hallowishes
10:30 Parade
11:15 Villain Show
Meet and Greet Evil Queen
Hub meet Lotso
Mickey and Minnie
Trick or Treat time allowing

Starting to plan our MNSSHP night and wondering if Mickey/Minnie and the Princess/Princes are available for meet and greets during the parade? and if so what are the lines like during that time.

We went to the party on Sept 30 and found it to be a huge disappointment to parties we've gone to in the past. There were less characters and longer waits. Jack Sparrow was an hour, if you were lucky and the 7 drawves were 90 minutes. I hear they started to line up at 4pm for them. No Tarzan, which has always been a party favorite of ours. Only 2 fairies were out. We did get them for a short wait, but had to give up the fireworks. A plus is that we were able to get pictures with the carriage with barely any wait. In the past, that was impossible. Couldn't even get near the Haunted Mansion. Most likely the last time I'll spend money to make this party again.

Disney2011224.jpg

Hi. This will be my very first time at both Disney and MNSSHP. It will just be DH and me. I am trying to create a tour plan but it is tough not being too familiar with the layout. I've been pouring over maps and various MNSSHP sources of information.Do you know if Suzy and Perla do meet and greets during the parades? Is the dance party geared mainly toward kids? Please tell me what you think of these two plans. If we can take a photo with Cinderella's Carriage before lining up for the dwarfs we will unless it is much better in the dark. The first plan is if we finish with the 7 dwarfs fairly quickly. The second is if it is to late to attend the first villains show and meet and greet. Also is there anyway I can squeeze in the Haunted Mansion ride and where? I can't thank you enough! I want so badly for this night to be a success!

The dance parties are mostly geared to kids. You can meet the characters but they don't really pose for pics or sign autographs. They just dance with the kids. If there's a particular character you want to meet, you can get some fun pics this way. But I wouldn't prioritize it.

If you're arriving before 5:45 you could do HM before that. Also, as adults I would skip the trick or treating all together. It's just halloween candy; not all that interesting. And last year we got boat loads coming out of the park anyway.

Overall both plans look fine. Your biggest time block is the dwarves, and you have that handled by lining up early. We didn't know they were going to be there last year, so we lined up late, but it was still worth it.

Good luck and have fun! Also, if you're not already doing so, I highly recommend dressing up. It's lots of fun! :yay:

We went to the party on Sept 30 and found it to be a huge disappointment to parties we've gone to in the past. There were less characters and longer waits. Jack Sparrow was an hour, if you were lucky and the 7 drawves were 90 minutes. I hear they started to line up at 4pm for them. No Tarzan, which has always been a party favorite of ours. Only 2 fairies were out. We did get them for a short wait, but had to give up the fireworks. A plus is that we were able to get pictures with the carriage with barely any wait. In the past, that was impossible. Couldn't even get near the Haunted Mansion. Most likely the last time I'll spend money to make this party again.

That's the night we went too and I feel the same way. I'm glad we experienced and now both of my kids have at an age they will remember but I feel it's the last for us too.

That's too bad to hear that the parties have become crowded and chaotic. Oh well, though. More room next year for me :D

Is there a list somewhere of what characters are at which locations? DD enjoys meeting the characters and I imagine that this will be most of our party, plus some trick or treating and a few special photo ops.. I'm trying to make a plan of action for the evening. Any advice?

We went the party last night and had a great time. I got all the pictures I wanted: Dwarves, Haunted Mansion, Hitch Hiking Ghosts, Mad Hatter, DBF even suggested the Carriage!! Went on a few rides, especially ones we missed when we were there in the pouring rain on Saturday! Found our spot for fireworks, and it worked out for Villians show and parade! And was surprised to still find the LE pins still available! Overall, a pretty successful first experience!

I found the crowds pretty good! But if a line seemed too long we just didn't do it! We got in line for the Dwarves at 615, and it took only about 10 minutes to be done and move on.

We went the party last night and had a great time. I got all the pictures I wanted: Dwarves, Haunted Mansion, Hitch Hiking Ghosts, Mad Hatter, DBF even suggested the Carriage!! Went on a few rides, especially ones we missed when we were there in the pouring rain on Saturday! Found our spot for fireworks, and it worked out for Villians show and parade! And was surprised to still find the LE pins still available! Overall, a pretty successful first experience!

I found the crowds pretty good! But if a line seemed too long we just didn't do it! We got in line for the Dwarves at 615, and it took only about 10 minutes to be done and move on.

Yay,happy you had a great time and got to see everything you wanted!

can't wait for our party time on the 18th! just check weather too, looking so much better than it did a couple days ago :banana:

We went on Oct 6th and found the lines for candy longer than that ride or photo lines (at least early on). We walked on to Peter Pan while the line for candy at Peter Pan streteched past the ride entrance. Cast Members also were not giving out larger handfuls of candy toward the end of the night as they have in previous years. Maybe they didn't need to get rid of it as much as before.

Quick question:

My son and I have PL appts for 1:50 today. It's a party night.

Anyone had issues going in costume, into the parks, that early on a party night? Or are the CM's pretty understanding?

Hi everyone...I'm wondering about meeting Rapunzel & Flynn. They are my main priority since DBF and I are dressing as them for the party and want our pic with them :)...I know we meet them at the Town Square Theater but do they have their own line? Will I possibly have to wait in it multiple times if they aren't there the first time?

Hi everyone...I'm wondering about meeting Rapunzel & Flynn. They are my main priority since DBF and I are dressing as them for the party and want our pic with them :)...I know we meet them at the Town Square Theater but do they have their own line? Will I possibly have to wait in it multiple times if they aren't there the first time?

You won't have to.

About 6:15, head to Town Square and let the folks inside know you're waiting for Rapunzel at party start (7 PM). They'll point you toward a separate que area/line.

At 7 PM, when the party starts, she's in the Princess line.

You won't have to.

About 6:15, head to Town Square and let the folks inside know you're waiting for Rapunzel at party start (7 PM). They'll point you toward a separate que area/line.

At 7 PM, when the party starts, she's in the Princess line.

This is exactly what I did on 10/06 to meet the 3 Princess & Prince couples at TST. I got to the TST lobby at 6:10 and there were only 3 groups ahead of me (and not surprisingly each had one or more members of their group dressed as Rapunzel or Flynn - and some of the costumes were fabulous recreations, including a Mother Gothel). The pre-party line was forming to the left of the doors of the meet and greets, sort of in front of the regular sign used to show who the "featured princesses" are. A few minutes before 7, the cast members direct the line through the queue to the doors to the meet and greet. You will always meet Snow White & the Prince, Rapunzel & Flynn, and Cinderella & Prince Charming. The other royal couples present at the MNSSHP have completely separate areas for their meet and greets in the park. As always, Rapunzel and Flynn were very interactive and fun to meet. Typically, you would meet all 3 couples, but I suppose if you only wanted to meet Rapunzel and Flynn, you could let the cast members know and then bypass the other 2 couples. However, after waiting in line for them, why not meet more characters?

As a side note, on 10/07 after the 30 minute downpour of rain, when I went to meet Mickey and Minnie at TST, the wait times for the Princess & Prince couples and Mickey and Minnie were unbelievably short (practically walk-in). I went at around 9 pm, before the fireworks. Because of the rain, the Princess & Prince room was also being used to meet the villains while I suppose the Princesses and Princes were taking a break, and I got to walk right in to meet the Tremaines and Jafar. A separate line for the Princess & Prince couples was being held outside the room's door while the villains were using the room, but the line waiting for the royal couples only had less than 10 groups. The rain makes a difference! If it is only a brief rain burst that passes through MK, wait it out and the park empties considerably. During and after the rain, I had no long lines meeting any of the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter