Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

Can't agree with you more. I noticed this at both MNSSHP's that we did Sept 2010 as well as the MVMCP in Dec 07. We walked around the parks and trick or treated, rode attractions w/ pretty much no wait, got pics w/ characters w/ little wait etc. No problems at all, BUT once you hit the Main street area...watch out:scared1:. You are absolutely correct when you say people set up camp on Main street. They definitely do and don't move from there either. :eek:

December 16th last year we started out in Toontown. We were there a while seeing the princesses and Mickey and Minnie and rode the Barnstormer a few times ALL BY OURSELVES. Then we decided we needed to get to Adventureland to find Prince Ali and Jasmine. HAH! BAD PLAN! We eventually got there....... but man....... it was absolute gridlock for a while without moving in any direction. It was like we went from having the park to ourselves to being at a sold out party (which it was) in the blink of an eye!

If you're doing many rides, then any party is not likely to feel sold out. The majority of people have set up camp on Main Street to see the parade, fireworks and shows. THAT is where you feel it.

We opted not to fight the crowds on Main Street for the parade, but instead got a spot along the rope about 45 min. early in Liberty Square for the late parade, then walked directly onto the left side of the hub for fireworks. Still had a great view except for the guy in front of us who insisted on standing and putting his kid on his shoulders...luckily he figured out that he was becoming rapidly unpopular in our area and set his kid down.

Sooo excited, we are not staying on disney property this year..We are staying at daytona beach and driving over for MNSSHP..We plan on attending Sept 20th and arriving at 4:00 can anyone post if there is any problems getting in early this year with your hard ticket..

So glad I read this thread. I hope the military tickets for MNSSHP are truly available. Have not read that anywhere except here on the first post. What a huge savings. We will be there in Oct and can't wait to go. Won't buy my tickets until we get there. Have seen so many nights when it has poured. Feel sorry for those who pay so much for this and get drenched. That happened to us at the Night of Joy and it was like a monsoon. Never again!
Hope my 4 year old won't be too afraid of the characters. Some of it really scares him!

So glad I read this thread. I hope the military tickets for MNSSHP are truly available. Have not read that anywhere except here on the first post. What a huge savings. We will be there in Oct and can't wait to go. Won't buy my tickets until we get there. Have seen so many nights when it has poured. Feel sorry for those who pay so much for this and get drenched. That happened to us at the Night of Joy and it was like a monsoon. Never again!
Hope my 4 year old won't be too afraid of the characters. Some of it really scares him!

I am not buying my tickets early either the night we are going(Oct 21) is a non-discounted party anyhow so no savings by buying them early. I bought tix for MVMCP last year then we had to cancel or trip so much for saving by buying early, no refunds.
Also as you mentioned rain is yet another factor that is making me hold off on buying the tix early. I hope it does not sell out for my night but if it does Oh Well

Ordered and printed our tickets for 9/16 today!!!
DD will either be Ariel in her town dress or Giselle in her "That's How You Know" dress depending on which one I finish

There are no military discounts for October party dates, only Sept dates. All October tickets are full price unless they give some kind of AP discount.

We're going on Sept. 16th for the first time!! So excited! :cool1:

We have ADR's at Garden Grill at 4:30, then will hop the Monorail over for the party. Will that give us enough time to get in line for the characters (most likely Flynn!) and get a good spot for the parade/fireworks? We'll have DD4 and DS6 with us, but we're also going with 2 other families (10 in all, 4 of which are kids) and we all have ADRs at the same time/place.

Are the earlier parties less crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter