Official 2011 Disneyland Half Thread!

Congratulations everyone.

I had a decent race, with a very good end result. First three miles where perfect on pace. Then when we came back into Toon Town, I tripped on the rise there and almost bit it. Pulled my groin a bit, but kept running. Maybe unrelated, but from mile 4 on really struggled to hold the pace of the first three miles. It wasn't my day for a PR. I also haven't raced the course for two years, so maybe I'm just slowing down with age? As I knew I wasn't going to hit my goal to PR, I did keep repeating to messages "Don't Give Up!" and "Everyone else is tired too." I really struggled through the second half more than any DL half I can remember. When I was supposed to be picking it up for the last two miles I could barely hold on. The home stretch was an exercise in not falling over.

Primary Goal: beat 1:22, try for first in age group
Secondary: beat 1:25

Result: 1:24:23 and first in age group!

The age group thing was a total shock because I didn't run my best race. It was the first time for me, and was very exciting because my three girls told me they wanted me to get first, and I didn't think I could do it.

Celebrated with pineapple whips, Monte Cristos, and the rest. Now just trying to work out the sore muscles.

See you all next year.

The expo is way smaller than I thought it would be. I guess I'm used to the Princess and Rock & Roll ones.

I totally agree w/ you about the expo. The DL one is usually on the smaller side, but this year there seemed to be a lot less booths than in the past.

Congrats on your race and 1st in group!! That's awesome!!

I had a good race. When stuff got put in the locker on Friday, my bib came out all bent up, so b-tag was shot, but I think it was 2:45-2:50. Was hoping for 2:40, but that's alright.

Didn't really like the change in corral setup with all corrals after C on the ramps, it just seemed a lot more crowded than when it was separated on the side road, but other than that great race. Wish we had the marine layer, but it wasn't hot and the early partly cloudy-ness helped a lot.

Can't wait again til next year!!

Congrats to my friends Cynthia and Karen for completing their first half. I am so very proud of you both and I'm looking forward to next month at the W&D Half.

Just home....what an amazing race course and what fun! I was thrilled to beat my goal time of 2:10.

My splits:
5k 30:23
10k 1:00.37
15k 1:31.01
final time 2:07.59

This was my second half marathon and the first was at 2:28.07 at the Princess in February. As my daughter has pointed out, I have been drinking the RunDisney coolaid and have become hooked!

Glad everyone had a great time.
Happy RUnning!
Pam

Primary Goal: beat 1:22, try for first in age group
Secondary: beat 1:25

Congratulations! I am so happy for your age group placement! It sounds like everyone had a great time at DL! Enjoy your accomplishment!

Good Morning!

I had a blast this weekend and got a PR!!

Finish: 2:44:40
5K: 38:01
10K: 1:16:23
15K: 1:56:23

I had a great time this weekend too. Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet up, I was caught up in the park and stuff.

I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped, but that was my own fault. I went into the race poorly trained, but I could have overcome that.

I didn't eat dinner the evening before as planned and I did stay up until 2am on race day. Stupidity on my own part, but I couldn't force myself to leave the park. And then I couldn't fall asleep once I was in bed at the hotel.

I did better than my worst time and I got my DL and C2C medals, so I am content. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I had a great time this weekend too. Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet up, I was caught up in the park and stuff.

I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped, but that was my own fault. I went into the race poorly trained, but I could have overcome that.

I didn't eat dinner the evening before as planned and I did stay up until 2am on race day. Stupidity on my own part, but I couldn't force myself to leave the park. And then I couldn't fall asleep once I was in bed at the hotel.

I did better than my worst time and I got my DL and C2C medals, so I am content. :goodvibes:goodvibes

And you still finished?!?! That's pretty good if you ask me! :goodvibes

I didn't want to get up and I went to bed at 10:00pm. :rotfl:

I got back this morning, I had a blast in Disneyland!

my times:
5k: 37:10
10k:1:11:05
15k: 1:46:03

Final time: 2:26:59

I got a little bit faster each time, my average was an 11 min. mile, I timed a few miles and went 10 min. I think I got put in the wrong corral and spent the first few miles trying to get around people.
I did get a PR though! My best time was 2:31 from the first time I did the Princess 1/2 in 2010.

I wish women's sizing had been available for the shirt. I traded for an XS but it is still too big, and I saw a lot of women smaller than me. I also wanted to get a Coast to Coast shirt, but they were also too big...

I never did get used to the time change, but that worked out really well for me. I went back to my hotel at 6pm (9pm in my head), fell asleep by 7:30 (10:30). My alarm went off at 3am(6am, and hour later than I sleep at home!) and I was able to jump out of bed right away and get ready.

I had told myself that this was a once in a lifetime trip....but I've decided I must go back! It will be a few years, so I can stay at a Disney hotel.

We got home last night - had a GREAT time! I would even say that *gasp* I prefer DL to WDW. :scared1: ;)

The race was a bit of a reminder as to why I normally *train* for these things, but it got done. :lmao: The heat got to me, and I got stuck in a VERY crowded pack (or maybe the whole race was crowded? I don't know, but it was impossible to pass for much of race, where I was runnning) so we decided to just take it easy and take lots of pictures. Finished in 3:12, which was my slowest non-pregnant half marathon :-)lmao:) but we still had a really good time and finished quite happy.

That said, I don't think I would do the DL half marathon again. It was too hot for me (we're from Seattle so the warm weather was quite a shock to the system, even though I know a lot of people came from warmer places), I didn't like having to run through the summer (and therefore didn't train as well as I should), and I thought the course was pretty lackluster. We really enjoyed the first few miles, but once we got out into the streets of Anaheim, the course was pretty grim. Running past boarded-up liquor stores and business parks is really not my thing. I also think we're done with Disney races for awhile.... there are just too many other great races out there and the Disney races don't have the draw for us that they used to, especially for the money.

However, I'm already trying to figure out a way to get us back to DL as soon as possible! We'd love to go for a longer trip and spend some time sightseeing around the L.A./San Diego area, as well.

Hope everyone had a great race, and it was so nice to meet some of you on Saturday afternoon! :goodvibes

My third, and probably my last, for all of the reasons Sarah Rose noted. it is just too hot to train in the summer here in LA. I hate doing a month of 10+ mile runs in August. plus, it really is way too expensive. Fun race for the first 3 miles, and Angels Stadium, but the rest? bleh. Nevertheless, I still had a great time, but disappointed in my time. I think it was hotter this year than the last 2, I don't recall the sun coming out before I finished in the previous two years (which was just good luck). By mile 12, I was sapped and didn't have a last push to break 2 again. oh well.

as noted above, the expo was way smaller this year. Wonder why? and while I'm so full of complaints (honestly, I had a great time overall) what is with the BLACK shirt? who can run in a black shirt? holy heat stroke, batman

my times:
5k: 31:41
10k:1:00:34
15k: 1:29:17

Final time: 2:04:27

My family finished the race, earning the coast to coast medal. Congratulations to everyone else who finished the race. We saw lots of great slogans on shirt. One of my moms favorites was "its all about the bling" The slogan was on the back of a shirt in a disney font. The girls that she talked to said that they made the shirts. Where would I find the "Disney" Font so that I could make her a shirt? Its all about the bling truly describes her. She only does races if there is good "bling" (medals) at the end.

and while I'm so full of complaints (honestly, I had a great time overall) what is with the BLACK shirt? who can run in a black shirt? holy heat stroke, batman

I totally agree w/ you on the shirt. Loved the design, but really don't like the black. Not only will you get hot if you run in the sun w/ it, but if you run early in the morning, no one can see you b/c you're all in black. I think it's a trend for this year (and hoping the only year), b/c RnR SD was black and RnR Providence was a dark navy blue. Hopefully next year, they'll go back to lighter colors.

My family finished the race, earning the coast to coast medal. Congratulations to everyone else who finished the race. We saw lots of great slogans on shirt. One of my moms favorites was "its all about the bling" The slogan was on the back of a shirt in a disney font. The girls that she talked to said that they made the shirts. Where would I find the "Disney" Font so that I could make her a shirt? Its all about the bling truly describes her. She only does races if there is good "bling" (medals) at the end.

I have a font called "Walter" that I have used. Here is a link to one site I found where you can download it for free. I bet if you google "Disney font" you can find something.

http://www.fontspace.com/fontomen/walter

Does anyone know when the race certificates are going to ready for download?
I've gone to the web site and it still says "wait a week".:confused3

Does anyone know when the race certificates are going to ready for download?
I've gone to the web site and it still says "wait a week".:confused3

They seem to take a couple weeks for the races at WDW. But they have always sent an email letting me know they were ready.

Sadly, two weeks have passed and their web site still says "Please check back in approximately one week to view the magical moments runners experienced at the 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend!". www.mydisneymarathon.com/Disneyland

You can find your DL time under the WDW Half Marathon link at http://mydisneymarathon.com/DisneyWorld . You can print a certificate with the right time but wrong race :(

Disney has it all screwed up and has the times from DL under the WDW Half :confused3 That's what you get for $135 :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter