Officer Trading

bbrnca

addiction r bad unless a Mickey one
Hi Everyone.... we leave in abut 30ish days and was wondering if DCL still has the officer pin trading on board, or is it another thing that has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Went on 2 cruises - August 2022 and January 2023. Officer pin trading did not exist on those cruises.

I still hope that maybe they'll bring it back eventually. Probably not but it's possible. It was so nice to get to interact with the officers, and their pins were high-quality. It was one of those things that made a Disney cruise magical.

Last edited:
Their pin lanyards were stocked from the pin trading books in the stores. Same quality as any you'd find there.
And they were free, in exchange for any cheap pin you might have had (often won through games onboard). Paying $20 for a pin isn't the same thing as getting to find a good one from an officer and trading it for your simple one. It also doesn't provide any interaction with the ship's officers. Again, not as magical.

And they were free, in exchange for any cheap pin you might have had (often won through games onboard). Paying $20 for a pin isn't the same thing as getting to find a good one from an officer and trading it for your simple one. It also doesn't provide any interaction with the ship's officers. Again, not as magical.

They have - or used to - books to trade from in the stores. I'm not talking about the ones you buy.

And I know for a fact that the pins on the officer lanyards were stocked from the trading books.

I believe they have started being in the atrium again - at least on the Dream. Not sure what they do about the Wish since they killed the atrium with a stage.
I've been on three cruises since reopening (Magic, Fantasy, Dream), including one last month, and haven't seen any officers. Maybe they were around at some point, but it wasn't well advertised if they were.

Anyway, as I said, we really enjoyed the officer's pin trading. It had both interaction with several officers, and easy access to great pins. It's a shame it's gone and we hope it comes back.

Maybe let someone's opinion on a topic stand without repeatedly trying to tear it down?

I've been on three cruises since reopening (Magic, Fantasy, Dream), including one last month, and haven't seen any officers. Maybe they were around at some point, but it wasn't well advertised if they were.

Anyway, as I said, we really enjoyed the officer's pin trading. It had both interaction with several officers, and easy access to great pins. It's a shame it's gone and we hope it comes back.

Maybe let someone's opinion on a topic stand without repeatedly trying to tear it down?

I'm not "trying to tear it down". Not sure where you got that idea. I don't get the whole fascination with pins, but they aren't in your face like things hanging in the hallway.

I'm just saying that the pins on their lanyards ARE taken from the books available in the stores for trading - it's not like the books are "junk" pins.

And I know that they have been in the atrium on the Dream for interactions - not pin trading. That interaction time in the atrium has never been advertised that I've ever seen outside of when they have a captain's toast.

During our Pixar cruise, there was an evening the officers were in the main atrium but no pin trading and servers were handing out alcoholic drinks I believe without any charges. I didn't grab any so I wasn't sure.

Just got off the magic on Friday and I didn’t see any pin trading from the officers. Matter fact, I didn’t see the officers available for pictures either which was strange because I’ve always gotten that picture for the last seven cruises.

I'm just saying that the pins on their lanyards ARE taken from the books available in the stores for trading
The officers sometimes had pins you could not get in the pin trading books in the shops. When cruise seasons had passed, such as the Magic in Europe, there were sometimes leftover pins that went with the cruises. The officers would have some of these pins, and they were often very nice. I have never done a TA or Med cruise but I do have several TA and Med pins that I got from officer pin trading.

Are they still pin trading in the shops - from the books?
Yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter