• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Offical free dining watch 2008

WHEW!!! That was exhausting!! I was on hold for one hour, 48 minutes. I was literally ready to hang up in 2 more mins b/c I had to take ds to school. TG the CM picked up when he did!!!

Anyway, I was bummed about only the more expensive rooms @ Pop being available, as it was $400 more than dh and I discussed. Then the CM says "Well your flight is early on the last day, do you really need a six day ticket?" and I said "Well, we won't use the 6th day, but is it possible to get a 5 day/5night package?" and he said "Oh yeah" and the better room @ Pop for 5 days was even cheaper than we had origionally planned. Woooo Hooooo!!

I can't wait to tell the kids! It's their first trip to WDW!!!!!

OHhhhhhhh.... AND i got ds to school with three minutes to spare!!!

WHEW!!! That was exhausting!! I was on hold for one hour, 48 minutes. I was literally ready to hang up in 2 more mins b/c I had to take ds to school. TG the CM picked up when he did!!!

Anyway, I was bummed about only the more expensive rooms @ Pop being available, as it was $400 more than dh and I discussed. Then the CM says "Well your flight is early on the last day, do you really need a six day ticket?" and I said "Well, we won't use the 6th day, but is it possible to get a 5 day/5night package?" and he said "Oh yeah" and the better room @ Pop for 5 days was even cheaper than we had origionally planned. Woooo Hooooo!!

I can't wait to tell the kids! It's their first trip to WDW!!!!!

OHhhhhhhh.... AND i got ds to school with three minutes to spare!!!

Doesn't get much better than that!! :goodvibes

please please TA call me!!!:lmao: The waiting is the worst part. already made ADR's and just have to make sure we are going to be ok with the dates.

:rolleyes1 oh wherrre oh wherrre, has my TA gone oh whhhere oh whhhere could she beeeee! (just kidding) :rolleyes1

OK, Disney must truly be magical....

I just got all of my TS ADR's. Exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it.

This day is just too good to be true! I am SOOOOO excited!!!

Just got off the phone!!!!!! it only took 50 minutes! The down side is we had to switch our resort from Beach club villas to Saratoga Springs :( but we wanted a 2 bedroom villa and that is the only one available.

But yeah we did it and saved $1400!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

WOO HOO FOR ME!

Just got off the phone!!!!!! it only took 50 minutes! The down side is we had to switch our resort from Beach club villas to Saratoga Springs :( but we wanted a 2 bedroom villa and that is the only one available.

But yeah we did it and saved $1400!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

WOO HOO FOR ME!

Woo hooo!!
:banana:

Didn't think we would get it, but my mom decided to try anyway (otherwise we'd go late October.) My mom was on hold for about 45 minutes, and we got it! Staying at POFQ, and just made our ADRs (after quickly studying what our plans could be for 2 hours), and basically got every TS we wanted. Might change our Boma day, since it's later than we'd want, but right now, pretty happy! We saved $600, and are trying a few new restaurants, so should be fun!

Wooo Hooo!!

My TA just called me - she was able to get me free dining at the resort I had originally booked at... There were not any preferred rooms available at POP for our dates so she got us standard instead. Which is no problem at all...
:cool1:

Here is what we have:

Pop Century Standard
Sept 17 - Sept 28
me, DH, DS (10) and DS (4)
11 nights
10 Day Park Hopper
Free Dining

Good luck everyone...

HI

I keep forgetting which Free Dining thread I have posted to..but anyway..

we got Free Dining Applied to our Ressie for Sept 20-27, a savings of over $1000 for us!! :cool1:

However, we did have to move from POFQ to PORS. I was kinda bummmed about that.

Oh, I starting calling at 6:58 this morning, got through instantly, phone didn't even ring! However, DH was on hold for about 35 minutes to change my parents ressie.

:dance3:

I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago!

We got the resort & dates we had originally booked!

9/17-9/25
AKL with free dining! :goodvibes

YAY just got off the phone and am booked at Coronado Springs with FREEE DINING for Sep 15-22!!! FINALLY!

I dont remember if I posted here! We got 2 rooms standard at POP with free dining !!! Preferred were taken but I'm gona try to see if any come avail later if not thats fine!

:headache: Ta just emailed me and said she has tried to get ahold of Disney and finally got through a few minutes ago. She said Disney told her the systems are down and that it will be 2-3 hours before they are back up and can book anything. grrrr...:eek:

I dont remember if I posted here! We got 2 rooms standard at POP with free dining !!! Preferred were taken but I'm gona try to see if any come avail later if not thats fine!

I couldn't get preferred at Pop either :mad: so I took preferred at Movies. They wouldn't let me add free dining to my original ressie that I had for a preferred room at Pop.

I asked the CM if they knew before hand about the free dining and she said yes they do know, they just can't tell us. They would have to know because they need more staff to take the calls. She said she was working extra hours today.

Just confirming that I went through what most other here did - better than some, worse than others.

However, since I buckled and booked online, then waited another half hour on hold to cancel our old ressie - well, that one kind of goofed up. Apparently, our family of four was fully included on the original ressie - it was a slightly smaller group on the updated "online" one - my wife was - ahem - not there.

Needless to say, I couldn't simply tell her that it would wind up saving even more on airfare - I just got off the phone correcting things - CM Nell was absolutely fantastic. My wife is back on - and, overall, this whole excercise was worth it - we'll be there from Aug 24 to Sep 1 for Free Dining, plus another night "room-only" before we fly home - and all of this... WE GOT TO KEEP THE FAMILY SUITE.

So, it was a bit of work, but well worth the effort! :wizard:

Free Dining!! Just made our ressies at ASMu 9/13 - 17. No hold time at all. Musta got lucky. Wanted POP but already booked up for this special. Now I gotta call sis so we can do the ADR's PDQ. Can't wait. This is DD's BF's first time at WDW. :woohoo:

I called today at 5PM (CST) and was off the phone by 5:15. I was shocked. I imagined being on hold for at least an hour. I got free dining :cool1: for my family and my parents staying at POR Sept. 13-20 I just modified my original reservation but I did have to give the AYG code.
I can hardly wait!!! I haven't called yet to make my ADRs. We're trying to make our final decisions, but anyway yeah!!! Thanks to all of you for your advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter