Offered an Upgrade For $300?

Talray

Earning My Ears
Question: We reserved a Cat 6 cabin and were put on GTY status without requesting it. The cruise line called my agent yesterday and offered to upgrade us to Cat 4 for $300. Is that common? Is that a good deal? I turned it down, though they said we could still call until Friday if we change our mind. I'm kinda sad after seeing on this board that they're offering the upgrade to others for free, but asking us to pay for it. We're sailing on 2/27. Since we turned down the opportunity, would we now be out of the running when they assign their "free" upgrades?

Excited no matter what, though!

Question: We reserved a Cat 6 cabin and were put on GTY status without requesting it. The cruise line called my agent yesterday and offered to upgrade us to Cat 4 for $300. Is that common? Is that a good deal? I turned it down, though they said we could still call until Friday if we change our mind. I'm kinda sad after seeing on this board that they're offering the upgrade to others for free, but asking us to pay for it. We're sailing on 2/27. Since we turned down the opportunity, would we now be out of the running when they assign their "free" upgrades?

Excited no matter what, though!

If it were me, I would have also turned it down. They seem to be offering comp upgrades a bit more frequently it seems. Plus, a Cat 4 only gives you a bit more room...not that much in my opinion. You could always try to upgrade and see what the cost is at the port if you really wanted a Cat 4.

MJ

We were offered the same deal just before we cruise September 19. We also knocked it back. We were not given a free upgrade - not that we expected one.

I think it really stinks how they offer free upgrades to some and charge others the 300.00. That happened to us in Sept. I did pay the 300.00 and after talking to others on the ship who upgraded at port it was cheaper for them for the same cat upgrades as me. I contacted DCL and their response didn't really even address the situation. I honestly feel they should stick to one and treat all the same. Either for free or for 300.00. I don't care which.

I wouldn't do it for a cat. 4 because it doesn't really get you that much more space...just a little longer cabin, and you could end up under something noisy like the Goofy pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!