Offer accepted

suefly

Earning My Ears
My an offer Friday for SSR, accepted today. $78pp 120p apr. 0/14, 144/15, 120/16. Didn't try to negotiate. Was a bit anxious over the w/e waiting. second guessing myself for not neg. but very happy today when accepted. Used fidelity.

Welcome to the club! Could everyone currently in the Waiting Room (myself included), please move your chairs over and make room for the new person?! :thumbsup2

WAHOO! Ours was accepted this past Friday and went to ROFR Saturday. This wait is taking forever. I am cautiously planning out where we might be able to book 7 mths out for May once and if and when we close. Fingers crossed! Good luck

Dont second guess yourself. If you feel like you were getting what you wanted when you signed the papers then be happy and start prepping for your first trip.

I read on numerous boards peoples offers. Some where less ppp than mine and some were more. I for weeks was wondering if I should have negotiated an even lower price but decided for the money spent I will more than make up for over the next 40 years

Good luck with ROFR

I agree with not second guessing. If you are happy with the price and it makes you happy, then that's all that matters. Regardless of your offer, it is certainly a savings over buying directly from Disney. I just had an offer accepted late Friday night. I offered a little less than asking on a fully loaded contract, and the seller offered to pay 2014 dues, so I am still happy with my deal. I haven't heard that mine has gone to ROFR, so I'm not sure if they are waiting on the seller or my check that was mailed yesterday (I live 45 minutes from TSS so I was told to just mail it). Even just waiting to hear that I am going to ROFR is killing me!

What do they need at TSS to have in hand to send the package to ROFR? Do they need just a scanned copy of the signed contract from both parties and my check or just the signed contract?

We just purchased our 2nd DVC resale contract via TSS (75 point SSR add on Dec UY) to add to the 120 we purchased 8 years ago.
Jason was awesome - thanks for all of your help!! :goodvibes
If you think you got a fair deal and will use DVC year after year, I wouldn't sweat a couple points on the purchase price.

DVC is one of the most worthwhile 'investments' I've made. If I calculate what it would cost to purchase in cash the rooms over the 8 years I've used DVC, I'm pretty far ahead already. Not to mention that you actually have to sit down a plan a vacation fairly far in advance which has other benefits.

We've also been lucky enough to purchase the discounted DVC PAP's - one year we were able to use them over 6 trips, so I know we got our $$'s worth that year :thumbsup2

After 37 years of Disney at least once a year, I finally took the plunge and have an accepted offer at SSR at $78 per point for 150 points. While I possibly could have negotiated a better per point price, I am happy with the deal as the contract terms hit all my needs. There are 280 points coming on 12/1/14 (includes 2013 banked) which is perfect as I plan to go to Aulani in October 2015 and stay in a 1 bedroom. Then the 150 annual points start 12/1/15 which should be perfect as I'll normally use studios and early December is my favorite time to visit. Plus no dues until 2015. It went to Disney this afternoon for ROFR, so hope it goes through!

The worst negotiator who bought resale in 2012 would do far better than the best negotiator who bought in 2014.

Getting a deal is more a function of timing your purchase than negotiating the price. So don't beat yourself up over a couple dollars per point. The deals available now (around $80) are not as good as 2012 but they're much better than 2007 and probably much better than 2016.

All you can control is whether you are happy with the deal you got, and if you think it was a good deal than it was a good decision.

Congrats and don't second guess yourself! We just had our offer accepted for SSR as well after negotiating (and not purchasing) a few other listings. In the end we found the perfect contract for us, and went right in at asking. It was higher than we had offered in previous negotiations, but the contract was worth it and most importantly, it was what we were comfortable with.

(Moving my chair over to open up space in the waiting room)

Purchased DVC October, '08 and never looked back!

Have had SO MANY AWESOME vacas including Aulani this past May celebrating our youngest DS high school graduation! party: BEAUTIFUL!:dance3:

As we are "getting over the kids hump now" and our youngest is checking into college in 2 weeks, we are treating ourselves to our first WDW vaca without the kids to see the Holiday decorations!:santa::santa:

Good Luck with ROFR and ENJOY DVC PLANNING!:thumbsup2:banana:

Keep in mind that the initial purchase price is chump change when compared with the overall cost of the points during your ownership.

My initial cost of my VWL points was somewhere around $2/pt but my total cost of the points is now closer to $8/pt when maintenance fees are added in.

Even a $5 or $10 difference in the purchase price will be minimal when spread out over the life of your contract...if you are happy with the purchase then that is all that matters.

I am happy with my decision. Would have been worse if I lost the contract for a couple hundred dollars. Just waiting for ROFR. day 27

Just went through a similar process of figuring out how much 'negotiating' to do - balancing getting a good deal with not sweating small amounts in the scheme of things with not getting my contract grabbed by the Mouse.

Concerned that my $77/pt BWV contract will be irresistible to them. :(

How long do they usually take? I thought it would be faster, like 1 week. (This is my first post!)
Hi! Disney has a month and from checking recently history reported here, it looks like they generally take the full month.

passed rofr at 29 days. 8/28. closed today 9/8.

How long till I get my membership information from Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter