Off Topic - Veterans Day

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
:thanks: Thank you to all our Veterans that have served past and present, combat and peacetime in any of the 5 branches of the Armed Forces. Thank you for you sacrifice and commitment to our Great Country.

1) Nice sentiments, and we agree.
2) But, for us Draftees, the choices were
. . . go to Service
. . . go to Canada
. . . go to Jail

This is true. My father was also a draftee. Me I volunteered and left home at 17, and was active during Desert Storm. I then came home and spent another 7 years with the Army National Guard.

1) Alas, I was a Combat Medic in a jungle.
2) People were not meant to see such things.

Yep, I agree! DH is a vet from there also, and was trained (a 'very' loose term) for the same thing, when they asked if anyone could type, well, DH could, so he was pulled to be a company clerk - very thankful for that, as some of our friends had to go the other route - no choices. But, thankfully, that is behind us and we seldom mention it - too painful.

DH is a vet from there also, and was trained (a 'very' loose term) for the same thing

1) Yep.
2) While in college, I was a paramedic.
. . . alas, that made me a prime target
. . . graduated on Tuesday
. . . got my "Greetings from the President" letter on Friday
. . . Fort Sam Houston shortly, thereafter
. . . Combat Medic, "91b5f Top Kick", MEDEVAC & CASEVAC, jumping into Hot LZ's

bronze-purple.JPG CombatMedBadge.gif

This is true. My father was also a draftee. Me I volunteered and left home at 17, and was active during Desert Storm. I then came home and spent another 7 years with the Army National Guard.

Desert Storm USAF vet here too, however, I missed the first deployment (not enough rank) with our B-52's and spent Shield/Storm in the Honor Guard. Luckily, there wasn't any need for our services. Speaking of services, i want to take a moment to express my thanks for those veterans who are no longer with us and a prayer for their friends and families. To those veterans still among us and those presently serving, I wish to say thank you for all you do and sacrifice to answer our nation's call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter