• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off topic- update on my life

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
The scrapping board is my original home here on the DIS Boards. A lot of you know that my DH was mobilized with the OR Nat'l Guard last August and is currently in Iraq. I also found out I was preggo with our third baby right around the time he left, and I posted a lot of that info here on the scrap boards; so many of you have been so kind with your positive words. And I feel like I *know* a lot of you, having your handiwork with our Disney swaps in my hot little hands.

Well, Molly Grace Pitcher made her way into the world on March 8th; she was 3 weeks early (I was induced for a variety of reasons) and she STILL weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces! 20.5 inches long. She dropped her birth weight a full pound and we're working on getting it back. She's darling (of course!) & her big brothers think she's the greatest.

DH gets leave already around the beginning of April! he will be home for a little over two weeks, and then back to Iraq until next February! :sad2: We were hoping his leave would be this summer, to make the times between seeing him a little more even. But, we'll muddle through somehow or another! We always do.

:sunny:

Congratulations! It sounds like you're being kept pretty busy right now! Enjoy your visit with your husband & thank him for us. We really appreciate his service! ::yes::

We'd love to see some pix if you know how! :teeth:

Congrats on your little one Alice, my she was big for 3 weeks early!

Good to hear your dh will be back and will be able to spend some time with the little one.

I have the utmost respect for those who serve our country. Thank you to your DH, and to you and your family for the many sacrifices you all make daily for the safety of us all.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. :cloud9:

Glad to hear from you on this board! I replied to the one on the CB but only because I knew you from this board! :flower: Congrats again on your darling daughter. I'm sure your dh is counting the seconds until he can see all of you again. Thank him for all of us, please.

I'm so happy for you, Alice! And, welcome to the world, little Molly Grace Pitcher. Love that name, by the way. I guess 'little' is relative, huh?

Having been the wife of a Marine, I know how tough the times apart are. In fact, I gave birth to my daughter when my husband (ex, now) was in Vietnam. I also know, though, how proud you are of what your hubby is doing. Please let him know that we're proud of him, too, and give him an extra hug.

{{Hugs}} to you and the little ones.

Congratulations on the baby! If you need anything, you know we are all here for you! :grouphug:
Franne

:love: Welcome little miss Molly :cloud9:

Congrats to you and your family 'Alice'

A special thank you to your DH for keeping all our families safe is such a scary world...
I bet he can't wait to be home and hold his new little princess...

Were always here if you need anything!

Yes, little is relative, isn't it! LOL. My second son was over 11 pounds at birth (I only gained 25 # and wasn't diabetic) so that's one of the reasons I was induced this time. Good thing too...she would have been another 11 pounder as today was my official due date. We named her after my grandmother, Helen Grace and for an American heroine, Molly Pitcher. You can google Molly Pitcher to read what she was all about. :goodvibes

Here is a link to a picture of her-- I hope it works!
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2129640117&idx=1

Oh congratulations! I was just thinking we had not heard form you in awhile so I was thinking it was baby time soon!

I love the name! What a cute baby. nice long fingers for doing crafts!

Please let us know if you or DH needs anything! We are here for you and so Thankful for all he does and what you have to endure without.

Congrats on the baby!

And here's a hug from one National Guard wife to another. (22 years & still going) Keeping your DH & his unit in prayers for a safe return.

Enjoy your time together when he's on leave.

Alice your daughter is gorgeous. What long piano fingers she has. I bet you all can't wait for DH to make it home for a visit. Enjoy.

Please thank him from us for all that he is sacraficing to keep us all safe, we appreciated it.

Laura

What a cutie!
So glad you posted over here! Enjoy your husbands leave! I bet he can't wait to see all of you!

ooooohhhhh she is sooo sweet - I wish I could pick her up off the screen and kiss and smell her - absolutely gorgeous...

makes me want another one!

Hi Alice. You have been missed. And Miss Molly is soo cute. Your family will be in my prayers over the next months to come. Check in once in a while so we know how you are doing.

Cyndi

Alice -Glad to hear that everyone is well. Miss Molly looks so very sweet! Sorry that your dh's leave is not so well timed. That does seem like a long to to have to wait until Feb. Thanks to your dh for doing what he does adn to your for supporting him an dputting up with what you have to. I'll be awating news on Molly's sb! Take care!

Molly is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to the whole family!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter