(Off topic) Somebody messed up !

wvrevy

Daddy to da' princess, which I guess makes me da'
It's now been 24 hours since the first attacks, and the shock is starting to fade away, being replaced quite nicely by anger. You might even call it rage !

I mean, how dare they !?! Who the @#$@ do these people think they're dealing with, here ? If it turns out to be a "Fundamentalist" group of some kind that did this, then I hope they're right with their God, 'cause they'll be meeting him shortly. We have a lot of internal problems in this country...racial tensions, religious differences, idealogical rifts between one political side and the other...just to name a few. But something like this brings us together in a way that NO nation, let alone a bunch of religious fanatics, can quite stand against.

I had friends at the Pentagon. I haven't been able to get ahold of any of them. If this had happened three years ago, I'd have been there, working exactly one corridor away from where that plane hit. That is, if I was lucky enough not to have been fixing a computer in an office on that side of the building.

The object of terrorism is to scare the victim into behaving in a certain manner that you wish. Scared ? Heck yeah. But if the animals responsible for this think that we'll roll over when something like this happens, they'll soon be wishing they'd thought this out a little further.

I am angry too. But, we need to remember that it was hate, ignorance, and a lack of respect for human life that created this attack. We need to direct our anger carefully. A blanket hate will, I feel, make us no better than the terrorists. It was a select few that support this attack. Our anger needs to be directed at them, not a general population.

Our prayers are for the safety and healing of all those affected.

Chris

Actually, Chris, it wasn't hate, ignorance and lack of respect that probably led to this...it was religion. But I'm not going to go there at the moment.

I will go so far as to say that any country where the citizens were in the streets celebrating yesterday deserves whatever befalls it. If your country harbors these animals, then YOU are as much responsible for their actions as they are. Ain't no such thing as "collateral damage" in a country that celebrates the loss of thousands of innocent lives.

Originally posted by wvrevy
I had friends at the Pentagon. I haven't been able to get ahold of any of them. If this had happened three years ago, I'd have been there, working exactly one corridor away from where that plane hit.

wvrevy,
glad you are alright. we met at the event in aug. My heart goes out to you I hope that you find your friends.

As a USAF vet who is as outraged as you I find myself thinking that "bombing them back to the stone-age" maybe the way to go, but I would really hate to give those people(followers of the mastermind) another marter.

But maybe it won't matter. Hang tough,

Michael W Young

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stir up controversy. I just become very frightened about the affects that hate can have on people. Violence and hate in any form terrifies me.

Chris

Michael,

Better a martyr than a live leader, if you ask me. Cut off it's head, and a chicken's body may run oround seeking righteous revenge for a brief period, but the thing will fall over dead eventually.

Chris,

No controversy here, my friend, it should be scary to you. Personally, it scares me to death. But I don't want my baby girl to grow up in a world where she has to constantly be aware of THAT kind of danger. That's why I, thankfully, moved back to West Virginia from the DC area three years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter